    picture to make the two lines of the same length.

    thanks in advance.
    JPC
    JPC, Dec 29, 2004

  2. JPC wrote:

    > Hi,
    > I have a set of pictures of a very long wall.
    > Each picture has been taken using different focal length and from different
    > distances, so that in the various pictures the height of the wall can vary
    > considerably.
    > I need all the picture to be the same height, because I want to stick them
    > in order to obtain a sort of long picture of the wall.
    >
    > Is there a method, a program, an utility in PS, or...? to automatically
    > resize a picture to make the height
    > of the wall equal to the height of the same wall contained in another
    > picture?
    > I'd like to have the possibility to draw a line representing the height of
    > the wall in the first picture, then to draw a second line in the second
    > picture, and then the "Hypothetical Program" should resize the second
    > picture to make the two lines of the same length.

    Nothing that automatic for non-military use that I know of. The
    following presupposed PS CS:

    But, you can get a start on doing it yourself. Try this: select all the
    wall pix, and open them. Go to automate-> Photomerge. It probably won't
    stitch together any of them, but it will provide a canvas that will make
    it easy to resize manually, which you will have to do. Be sure to check
    "keep as layers".

    Good luck.

    --
    John Mcwilliams
    John McWilliams, Dec 29, 2004

  3. JPC

    tomcas Guest

    JPC wrote:
    > Hi,
    > I have a set of pictures of a very long wall.
    > Each picture has been taken using different focal length and from different
    > distances, so that in the various pictures the height of the wall can vary
    > considerably.
    > I need all the picture to be the same height, because I want to stick them
    > in order to obtain a sort of long picture of the wall.
    >
    > Is there a method, a program, an utility in PS, or...? to automatically
    > resize a picture to make the height
    > of the wall equal to the height of the same wall contained in another
    > picture?
    > I'd like to have the possibility to draw a line representing the height of
    > the wall in the first picture, then to draw a second line in the second
    > picture, and then the "Hypothetical Program" should resize the second
    > picture to make the two lines of the same length.
    >
    > thanks in advance.
    > JPC

    Irfanview has batch resizing.
    http://www.irfanview.com/
    tomcas, Dec 29, 2004
  4. tomcas wrote:

    > JPC wrote:
    >
    >> Hi,
    >> I have a set of pictures of a very long wall.
    >> Each picture has been taken using different focal length and from
    >> different
    >> distances, so that in the various pictures the height of the wall can
    >> vary
    >> considerably.
    >> I need all the picture to be the same height, because I want to stick
    >> them
    >> in order to obtain a sort of long picture of the wall.
    >>
    >> Is there a method, a program, an utility in PS, or...? to automatically
    >> resize a picture to make the height
    >> of the wall equal to the height of the same wall contained in another
    >> picture?
    >> I'd like to have the possibility to draw a line representing the
    >> height of
    >> the wall in the first picture, then to draw a second line in the second
    >> picture, and then the "Hypothetical Program" should resize the second
    >> picture to make the two lines of the same length.
    >>
    >> thanks in advance.
    >> JPC
    >>

    > Irfanview has batch resizing.
    > http://www.irfanview.com/

    This is way more than resizing the image. Are you sure Irfanview is
    automated in the way JPC asks?

    --
    John McWilliams
    John McWilliams, Dec 29, 2004
  5. JPC

    JPC Guest

    JPC, Dec 30, 2004
  6. JPC wrote:

    >>>Irfanview has batch resizing.
    >>>http://www.irfanview.com/

    > I downloaded it but it does not do what I need.

    What I suspected.

    If you have Photoshop CS, you can try the method I outlined earlier.

    Good luck.

    --
    John McWilliams
    John McWilliams, Dec 30, 2004
  7. JPC

    Big Bill Guest

    On Wed, 29 Dec 2004 19:14:35 +0100, "JPC" <> wrote:

    >Hi,
    >I have a set of pictures of a very long wall.
    >Each picture has been taken using different focal length and from different
    >distances, so that in the various pictures the height of the wall can vary
    >considerably.
    >I need all the picture to be the same height, because I want to stick them
    >in order to obtain a sort of long picture of the wall.
    >
    >Is there a method, a program, an utility in PS, or...? to automatically
    >resize a picture to make the height
    >of the wall equal to the height of the same wall contained in another
    >picture?
    >I'd like to have the possibility to draw a line representing the height of
    >the wall in the first picture, then to draw a second line in the second
    >picture, and then the "Hypothetical Program" should resize the second
    >picture to make the two lines of the same length.
    >
    >thanks in advance.
    >JPC

    Most panorama apps will do this.
    After you make the pano, chop it up as you desire.
    Or will this not work?

    --
    Bill Funk
    Change "g" to "a"