    go ahead and partition as I would normally do if it was an internal HDD?

    Hope someone can help
    Pepper
    Pepper, Dec 16, 2003

  2. Pepper

    M Mullen Guest

    On Tue, 16 Dec 2003 22:12:49 -0000, "Pepper" <>
    wrote:

    |> Using Win2K with Fat32 I would like to have 3 partitions:
    |> 1 for system backup approx. 20GB
    |> 1 for my data and
    |> 1 for misc. storage e.g.. digital images etc
    |> The drive comes with software to do a complete backup of the system and the
    |> manual says that the disk can be partitioned but gives no other info.
    |> My OS recognises the drive as being 111GB. I have Partition Magic6 so do I just
    |> go ahead and partition as I would normally do if it was an internal HDD?

    Yes....

    Partition Magic, Fdisk, whatever. First I'd back up anything on that disk, also
    it would seem that the drive would have the software installed to partition
    itself.
    --
    ,,
    ( "> w
    M Mullen, Dec 17, 2003

  3. Pepper

    Pepper Guest

    > On Tue, 16 Dec 2003 22:12:49 -0000, "Pepper" <>
    > wrote:
    >
    > |> Using Win2K with Fat32 I would like to have 3 partitions:
    > |> My OS recognises the drive as being 111GB. I have Partition Magic6 so do I

    just go ahead and partition as I would normally do if it > |> was an internal
    HDD?

    "M Mullen" <> wrote in message
    > Yes....
    >
    > Partition Magic, Fdisk, whatever. First I'd back up anything on that disk,

    also
    > it would seem that the drive would have the software installed to partition
    > itself.

    Thanks Paul
    The drive was new so I just went ahead and used the Win2k partitioning app.
    There was only the software for doing backups supplied with the drive.
    Pepper
    Pepper, Dec 18, 2003