    I've tried searching for documents on my C drive names normal.dot but
    it hasn't come back with any results.

    John

    John, Apr 5, 2004

  2. John wrote:
    > Help! I'm just having a blonde moment...
    >
    > I am trying to rename Normal2.dot to overwrite Normal.dot when I go to
    > Save As, however it comes up with a message that says Word can not
    > save as a document that is already open??? The Normal.dot isn't open
    > though so I really don't understand why it wont let me do this.
    >
    > I've tried searching for documents on my C drive names normal.dot but
    > it hasn't come back with any results.
    >
    > John

    Normal dot is open anytime word is open.

    Exit word and then do the change. However you may still have some
    problems. Word keeps multiple copies of Normal and uses them to fix or
    replace the working copy as it sees fit.

    --
    Joseph E. Meehan

    26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math

    Joseph Meehan, Apr 5, 2004

  3. John

    Plato Guest

    John wrote:

    > I am trying to rename Normal2.dot to overwrite Normal.dot when I go to

    The tweak is to delete normal.dot I believe.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/

    Plato, Apr 6, 2004