    I've also run Trend Micro Housecall.
    Nothing.
    Any ideas?
    Joe J, Nov 8, 2011

  2. Joe J snuck on to your hard drive to scribble:
    > Somewhere along the line I've acquired Dealnews on my desktop. Now every
    > time I go to Netflix or Redbox, I get an annoying popup offering me a
    > non-valid coupons.
    > I can't find it in my program list.
    > I've cleaned Cache, cookies and history in Firefox 7.0.1. It doesn't appear
    > if I open the same sites in Chrome or IE.
    > I've run Decrapifier, CCleaner, Malwarebytes and I'm also using AVG, the
    > latest version.
    > I've also run Trend Micro Housecall.
    > Nothing.
    > Any ideas?

    Is it listed in the Add-ons under Manage Add-ons? You may just need to
    disable it.

    --
    -There are some who call me...
    Jim

    It's a dangerous business, going out your door. You step onto the road,
    and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be
    swept off to.
    -Samwise Gamgee quoting Bilbo Baggins, edited
    James D Andrews, Nov 8, 2011

  3. Joe J

    Joe J Guest

    "James D Andrews" <> wrote in message
    > Joe J snuck on to your hard drive to scribble:
    >> Somewhere along the line I've acquired Dealnews on my desktop. Now every
    >> time I go to Netflix or Redbox, I get an annoying popup offering me a
    >> non-valid coupons.
    >> I can't find it in my program list.
    >> I've cleaned Cache, cookies and history in Firefox 7.0.1. It doesn't
    >> appear if I open the same sites in Chrome or IE.
    >> I've run Decrapifier, CCleaner, Malwarebytes and I'm also using AVG, the
    >> latest version.
    >> I've also run Trend Micro Housecall.
    >> Nothing.
    >> Any ideas?

    > Is it listed in the Add-ons under Manage Add-ons? You may just need to
    > disable it.
    >
    > --
    > -There are some who call me...
    > Jim
    >

    > It's a dangerous business, going out your door. You step onto the road,
    > and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be
    > swept off to.
    > -Samwise Gamgee quoting Bilbo Baggins, edited

    Giving myself a dope slap! Thanks James, I get so used to them, I forget
    they are there. I didn't find it listed, so I disabled all and am slowing
    adding the ones I want back in, but that took care of it.
    Joe J, Nov 9, 2011
  4. "Joe J" <> wrote in message

    > "James D Andrews" <> wrote in message
    >> Joe J snuck on to your hard drive to scribble:
    >>> Somewhere along the line I've acquired Dealnews on my desktop. Now
    >>> every time I go to Netflix or Redbox, I get an annoying popup offering
    >>> me a non-valid coupons.
    >>> I can't find it in my program list.
    >>> I've cleaned Cache, cookies and history in Firefox 7.0.1. It doesn't
    >>> appear if I open the same sites in Chrome or IE.
    >>> I've run Decrapifier, CCleaner, Malwarebytes and I'm also using AVG, the
    >>> latest version.
    >>> I've also run Trend Micro Housecall.
    >>> Nothing.
    >>> Any ideas?

    >> Is it listed in the Add-ons under Manage Add-ons? You may just need to
    >> disable it.
    >>
    >> --
    >> -There are some who call me...
    >> Jim
    >>

    >> It's a dangerous business, going out your door. You step onto the road,
    >> and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be
    >> swept off to.
    >> -Samwise Gamgee quoting Bilbo Baggins, edited
    >>

    > Giving myself a dope slap! Thanks James, I get so used to them, I forget
    > they are there. I didn't find it listed, so I disabled all and am slowing
    > adding the ones I want back in, but that took care of it.

    DISABLE ALL ADD-ONS. ADD-ONS ARE CRAP, NOBODY NEEDS THEM.
    Jeff Strickland, Nov 10, 2011
  5. Joe J

    Joe J Guest

    "Jeff Strickland" <> wrote in message

    > "Joe J" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "James D Andrews" <> wrote in message
    >>> Joe J snuck on to your hard drive to scribble:
    >>>
    >>> Is it listed in the Add-ons under Manage Add-ons? You may just need to
    >>> disable it.
    >>>
    >>> --
    >>> -There are some who call me...
    >>> Jim
    >>>

    >>> It's a dangerous business, going out your door. You step onto the road,
    >>> and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be
    >>> swept off to.
    >>> -Samwise Gamgee quoting Bilbo Baggins, edited
    >>>

    >> Giving myself a dope slap! Thanks James, I get so used to them, I forget
    >> they are there. I didn't find it listed, so I disabled all and am
    >> slowing adding the ones I want back in, but that took care of it.

    > DISABLE ALL ADD-ONS. ADD-ONS ARE CRAP, NOBODY NEEDS THEM.

    Wrong you are Jeff. Ad block is a wonderful add-on
    Joe J, Nov 10, 2011
  6. "Joe J" <> wrote in message

    > "Jeff Strickland" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "Joe J" <> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> "James D Andrews" <> wrote in message

    >>> Giving myself a dope slap! Thanks James, I get so used to them, I
    >>> forget they are there. I didn't find it listed, so I disabled all and
    >>> am slowing adding the ones I want back in, but that took care of it.

    >> DISABLE ALL ADD-ONS. ADD-ONS ARE CRAP, NOBODY NEEDS THEM.
    >>

    > Wrong you are Jeff. Ad block is a wonderful add-on

    I always use Pop Up Blocker, but that is not an add-on. You're right though,
    if it is an add-on, it is the only beneficial one.
    Jeff Strickland, Nov 10, 2011
  7. Jeff Strickland snuck on to your hard drive to scribble:
    > "Joe J" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "James D Andrews" <> wrote in message
    >>> Joe J snuck on to your hard drive to scribble:
    >>>
    >>> Is it listed in the Add-ons under Manage Add-ons? You may just need to
    >>> disable it.
    >>>
    >>> -- -There are some who call me...
    >>> Jim
    >>>

    >>> It's a dangerous business, going out your door. You step onto the road,
    >>> and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be
    >>> swept off to.
    >>> -Samwise Gamgee quoting Bilbo Baggins, edited
    >>>

    >> Giving myself a dope slap! Thanks James, I get so used to them, I forget
    >> they are there. I didn't find it listed, so I disabled all and am slowing
    >> adding the ones I want back in, but that took care of it.

    > DISABLE ALL ADD-ONS. ADD-ONS ARE CRAP, NOBODY NEEDS THEM.

    I have a couple I use, but only a couple. As for needs, well, nobody
    really "needs" internet, but it sure does come in handy. :)

    --
    -There are some who call me...
    Jim

    "You got to be careful if you don't know where you're going, because
    you might not get there."
    - Yogi Berra
    James D Andrews, Nov 13, 2011