    which is disabled.

    Thanks in advance for the help!

    Tom Tricep

    Tom Tricep, Sep 21, 2006

  2. Tom Tricep wrote:

    > Can anyone help? I changed from outlook express to outlook as my
    > e-mail service.

    Sorry to hear that. Are you a businessman who needs that office
    application?

    > Everytime I am in a program,

    What program would that be?

    > and they want me to e-mail them back, it brings up outlook express as
    > the outgoing mail, which is disabled.

    You will probably have to go to Control Panel/Internet Options, to the
    Programs tab, and change the default E-mail program to Outlook. That
    said, I think I remember someone saying Outlook couldn't be used here. I
    do not have it to test.

    Regarding your Subject line, "Help regarding Outlook" would have been
    sufficient, and not in all caps, which is shouting. Thanks for your
    consideration.

    --
    -bts

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Sep 21, 2006

  3. Tom Tricep

    why? Guest

    On Thu, 21 Sep 2006 10:31:32 -0700, Tom Tricep wrote:

    >Can anyone help? I changed from outlook express to outlook as my

    You then expect it to be better?

    >e-mail service. Everytime I am in a program, and they want me to
    >e-mail them back, it brings up outlook express as the outgoing mail,
    >which is disabled.

    Does that at work as well, a few people mentioned it when using say a
    mail link on a webpage.

    AFAIK, if you google a bit and look at OL forms. OL is launching OE in a
    OL form sort of like an mini applet.

    >Thanks in advance for the help!
    >
    >Tom Tricep

    Me

    why?, Sep 21, 2006
  4. You can use outlook 2002 and 2003 for newsgroups
    "view" tab, drop down "go to", click news.
    I concur with Beauregard, change the default E-mail program to Outlook.

    Wrecks \(MCP\), Sep 21, 2006
  5. Wrecks (MCP) wrote:

    > You can use outlook 2002 and 2003 for newsgroups
    > "view" tab, drop down "go to", click news.

    ...which will open Outlook Express, if I'm not mistaken.

    --
    -bts

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Sep 22, 2006
  6. Tom Tricep

    thanatoid Guest

    Tom Tricep <> wrote in

    > Can anyone help? I changed from outlook express to outlook
    > as my e-mail service. Everytime I am in a program, and they
    > want me to e-mail them back, it brings up outlook express
    > as the outgoing mail, which is disabled.
    >
    > Thanks in advance for the help!
    >
    > Tom Tricep

    MS sets its own programs as defaults for every action you might
    want to take, and because the OS is so sloppy, it doesn't update
    things as it should.

    Go to view/options/file types in Windows Explorer, find
    everything which contains "mail to" or "mail document" or "send
    to" or "internet mail" etc. Click on "edit" AND SEE WHICH ONES
    LIST OUTLOOK EXPRESS as the default app, and change it to
    OUTLOOK, with the full path. If it doesn't list a default app,
    leave it alone.

    You shouldn't use IE/OE for anything, BTW. But it's up to you.

    Corrections welcome. I don't have IE/O/OE installed, so I may be
    a little off.

    thanatoid, Sep 22, 2006
  7. Tom Tricep

    Ben Myers Guest

    Go to "Control Panel", "Internet Options", "Programs", click on
    "E-Mail" and see if Outlook is listed. If so, select it and click "OK".

    Ben

    Ben Myers, Sep 23, 2006