    If so, what's the address to put in pop and smtp servers fields in new
    account settings ?

    Thank you.

    vc, Apr 3, 2004

  2. vc wrote:

    > With Mozilla 1.7 beta , in Mails and Newsgroups MSN Authentication is
    > supported , it says.
    > Does that mean , this email client can access to hotmail mailbox?
    > If so, what's the address to put in pop and smtp servers fields in new
    > account settings ?
    >
    > Thank you.

    No it doesn't. You can access Hotmail accounts by installing Mr. Postman:

    http://mrpostman.sourceforge.net/

    Lee
    --
    Leonidas Jones, Mozilla Champion
    Learn about the Champs! http://mozillachampions.mozdev.org

    Leonidas Jones, Apr 3, 2004

  3. vc

    Pun Krocker Guest

    vc said the following on 03/04/2004 01:20:
    > With Mozilla 1.7 beta , in Mails and Newsgroups MSN Authentication is
    > supported , it says.
    > Does that mean , this email client can access to hotmail mailbox?
    > If so, what's the address to put in pop and smtp servers fields in new
    > account settings ?
    >
    > Thank you.

    I use Hotmail Popper http://www.boolean.ca/hotpop/

    I have used Mr Postman in the past, a search in Google will find that
    one also.

    Hope this Helps

    --
    d{ò_ò}b PK

    interviewing people who can't talk
    for people who can't read."

    Pun Krocker, Apr 3, 2004
  4. Pun Krocker wrote:
    > vc said the following on 03/04/2004 01:20:
    >
    >> With Mozilla 1.7 beta , in Mails and Newsgroups MSN Authentication is
    >> supported , it says.
    >> Does that mean , this email client can access to hotmail mailbox?
    >> If so, what's the address to put in pop and smtp servers fields in new
    >> account settings ?
    >>
    >> Thank you.
    >>

    > I use Hotmail Popper http://www.boolean.ca/hotpop/
    >
    > I have used Mr Postman in the past, a search in Google will find that
    > one also.
    >
    > Hope this Helps

    I never have used Hotmail, so I have no first hand knowledge. I
    recommended MrPostman since some Hotmail users have commented that
    Hotmail Popper is now a pay program.

    I went to their site, and this seems to be true. There is a free trial
    which expires ater 100 messages.

    Some folks seem to indicate that if they have instaLled the old free
    version, it continues to work.

    Lee

    Leonidas Jones, Apr 3, 2004
  5. Leonidas Jones wrote:

    > Pun Krocker wrote:
    >
    >> vc said the following on 03/04/2004 01:20:
    >>
    >>> With Mozilla 1.7 beta , in Mails and Newsgroups MSN Authentication is
    >>> supported , it says.
    >>> Does that mean , this email client can access to hotmail mailbox?
    >>> If so, what's the address to put in pop and smtp servers fields in new
    >>> account settings ?
    >>>
    >>> Thank you.
    >>>

    >> I use Hotmail Popper http://www.boolean.ca/hotpop/
    >>
    >> I have used Mr Postman in the past, a search in Google will find that
    >> one also.
    >>
    >> Hope this Helps
    >>

    > I never have used Hotmail, so I have no first hand knowledge. I
    > recommended MrPostman since some Hotmail users have commented that
    > Hotmail Popper is now a pay program.
    >
    > I went to their site, and this seems to be true. There is a free trial
    > which expires ater 100 messages.
    >
    > Some folks seem to indicate that if they have instaLled the old free
    > version, it continues to work.

    I have no idea if these old (free) versions of Hotmail Popper still work
    after Hotmail's redesign and all and I have no way to test them, but
    some folks might be interested in knowing that they're still available
    and might want to try them to see if they still work.

    Beware of possible word-wrap in the following URLs:

    Version 1.02 from Feb, 2003
    http://web.archive.org/web/20030201171241/http://www.boolean.ca/hotpop/hotpop-1.02.exe

    Version 2.0 from Jun, 2003
    http://web.archive.org/web/20030604052738/http://boolean.ca/hotpop/hotpop-2.0.0.exe

    --
    CJ

    Caffeine Junkie, Apr 3, 2004
  6. Caffeine Junkie wrote:
    > Leonidas Jones wrote:
    >
    >> Pun Krocker wrote:

    >>> I use Hotmail Popper http://www.boolean.ca/hotpop/
    >>>
    >>> I have used Mr Postman in the past, a search in Google will find that
    >>> one also.
    >>>
    >>> Hope this Helps
    >>>

    >> I never have used Hotmail, so I have no first hand knowledge. I
    >> recommended MrPostman since some Hotmail users have commented that
    >> Hotmail Popper is now a pay program.
    >>
    >> I went to their site, and this seems to be true. There is a free
    >> trial which expires ater 100 messages.
    >>
    >> Some folks seem to indicate that if they have instaLled the old free
    >> version, it continues to work.

    > I have no idea if these old (free) versions of Hotmail Popper still work
    > after Hotmail's redesign and all and I have no way to test them, but
    > some folks might be interested in knowing that they're still available
    > and might want to try them to see if they still work.
    >
    > Beware of possible word-wrap in the following URLs:
    >
    > Version 1.02 from Feb, 2003
    > http://web.archive.org/web/20030201171241/http://www.boolean.ca/hotpop/hotpop-1.02.exe
    >

    > Version 2.0 from Jun, 2003
    > http://web.archive.org/web/20030604052738/http://boolean.ca/hotpop/hotpop-2.0.0.exe

    That's good information Caf, thanks!

    Lee

    Leonidas Jones, Apr 3, 2004
  7. vc

    Pun Krocker Guest

    Leonidas Jones said the following on 03/04/2004 02:36:
    > Pun Krocker wrote:
    >
    >> vc said the following on 03/04/2004 01:20:
    >>
    >>> With Mozilla 1.7 beta , in Mails and Newsgroups MSN Authentication is
    >>> supported , it says.
    >>> Does that mean , this email client can access to hotmail mailbox?
    >>> If so, what's the address to put in pop and smtp servers fields in new
    >>> account settings ?
    >>>
    >>> Thank you.
    >>>

    >> I use Hotmail Popper http://www.boolean.ca/hotpop/
    >>
    >> I have used Mr Postman in the past, a search in Google will find that
    >> one also.
    >>
    >> Hope this Helps
    >>

    > I never have used Hotmail, so I have no first hand knowledge. I
    > recommended MrPostman since some Hotmail users have commented that
    > Hotmail Popper is now a pay program.
    >
    > I went to their site, and this seems to be true. There is a free trial
    > which expires ater 100 messages.
    >
    > Some folks seem to indicate that if they have instaLled the old free
    > version, it continues to work.
    >
    > Lee

    Yes you are correct, I still use 2.1.1 and it works fine.

    Pun Krocker, Apr 3, 2004