Help regarding damaged Monty Python DVD?

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Bex, Apr 12, 2004.

  1. Bex

    Bex Guest

    I bought Monty Python and the Holy Grail Collector's Edition. Anyone have a
    clue exactly who to contact to request a replacement Disc One, which
    arrived badly scratched and doesn't play properly?

    Amazon.ca terms say they won't refund/replace because the original
    packaging was opened. Duh. Lost the x-ray glasses allowing me to see
    scratched discs through heavy black cardboard. I'm thinking a source
    further up might be willing to replace my damaged disc with a new one. Any
    help? I don't know squat about where DVDs come from (storks?) so don't know
    who to write to, there's a confusing multitude of fine print all over the
    included pages and package.

    The packaging was bizzare, in the sense that it contained 2 discs but only
    one was secured inside the case, and nowhere the second could be secured.
    Hence Disc One bounced around inside the box all the way from God knows
    where, via Amazon, no doubt drop-kicked by our postal delivery, and by the
    time it was opened by the lucky recipient, was scratched to crap by the
    plastic knob securing Disc Two. The thing plays like the visual equivalent
    of a badly scratched record.

    Help please? Much appreciated.
    Becks
    --
    To email, take out the trash.
    Bex, Apr 12, 2004

  2. Bex

    P Pron Guest

    Bex <> wrote:
    > I bought Monty Python and the Holy Grail Collector's Edition. Anyone
    > have a clue exactly who to contact to request a replacement Disc

    One,
    > which arrived badly scratched and doesn't play properly?
    >
    > Amazon.ca terms say they won't refund/replace because the original
    > packaging was opened. Duh. Lost the x-ray glasses allowing me to see
    > scratched discs through heavy black cardboard.

    Did you get to the _second_ paragraph under Help > Shipping & Returns
    > Returns Policy on www.amazon.ca ?

    paul
    P Pron, Apr 12, 2004

  3. Bex

    Stan Brown Guest

    "Bex" <> wrote in alt.video.dvd:
    >I bought Monty Python and the Holy Grail Collector's Edition. Anyone have a
    >clue exactly who to contact to request a replacement Disc One, which
    >arrived badly scratched and doesn't play properly?
    >
    >Amazon.ca terms say they won't refund/replace because the original
    >packaging was opened. Duh.

    changing your mind, but of their (unknowingly) shipping damaged
    product. You may have to go higher than the first-line droid. Surely
    Canadian law doesn't let them disclaim responsibility.

    http://OakRoadSystems.com
    Stan Brown, Apr 12, 2004
  4. Bex

    Stan Brown Guest

    Stan Brown, Apr 12, 2004
  5. Bex

    Mike Kohary Guest

    "Bex" <> wrote in message
    > I bought Monty Python and the Holy Grail Collector's Edition. Anyone have

    > clue exactly who to contact to request a replacement Disc One, which
    > arrived badly scratched and doesn't play properly?
    >
    > Amazon.ca terms say they won't refund/replace because the original
    > packaging was opened. Duh. Lost the x-ray glasses allowing me to see
    > scratched discs through heavy black cardboard.

    Yes they will; try them again. If the product is defective or damaged in
    transit, they will replace it (same title only, of course). I've done it
    myself.

    Mike
    Mike Kohary, Apr 12, 2004
  6. Bex

    Bex Guest

    Mike Kohary wrote:

    > Yes they will; try them again. If the product is defective or damaged
    > in transit, they will replace it (same title only, of course). I've
    > done it myself.

    Thank you for replying. I didn't want to spend money for postage mailing it
    back if I suspected it would be throwing good money after bad. I thought
    the actual producer of the disc might be a better bet than Amazon. Yes I
    read all the help about refunds and returns. It seemed to me the wording
    allowed them to refuse to replace a defective product if the original
    packaging was opened. Thanks.

    Becks.
    --
    To email, take out the trash.