    Rajinder

    0118 962 3200

    I can ring you back please.
    Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar Jatt, Feb 28, 2004

  2. Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar Jatt

    philo Guest

    "Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar Jatt" <> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > I was working on a Word document when my screen started shivering and
    > then came with a fault warning. When I closed it then my Word files
    > disappeared. I could not save them.
    >
    > Now, I did search on Find files and found it under Auto Recovery File
    > with .asd and not as .doc.
    >
    > I could not open it but I made a copy right clicking. I thought I shall
    > be able to paste it in a Word document but it says not enough space.

    did you see this:
    philo, Feb 28, 2004

  3. "philo" <> wrote in message

    > "Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar Jatt" <> wrote in

    message
    > > Hi,
    > >
    > > I was working on a Word document when my screen started shivering

    and
    > > then came with a fault warning. When I closed it then my Word files
    > > disappeared. I could not save them.
    > >
    > > Now, I did search on Find files and found it under Auto Recovery

    File
    > > with .asd and not as .doc.
    > >
    > > I could not open it but I made a copy right clicking. I thought I

    shall
    > > be able to paste it in a Word document but it says not enough space.
    > >

    > did you see this:

    I did go to this which says that once opened I should have saved it
    which I did not.

    Now, could I recover my document or should I forget it please?

    Rajinder

    Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar Jatt, Feb 28, 2004
  4. Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar Jatt

    Paul - xxx Guest

    Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar Jatt posted ...

    > "philo" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar Jatt" <> wrote in
    >> message news:VC10c.565$qP4.231@newsfe1-win...
    >>> Hi,
    >>>
    >>> I was working on a Word document when my screen started shivering
    >>> and then came with a fault warning. When I closed it then my Word
    >>> files disappeared. I could not save them.
    >>>
    >>> Now, I did search on Find files and found it under Auto Recovery
    >>> File with .asd and not as .doc.
    >>>
    >>> I could not open it but I made a copy right clicking. I thought I
    >>> shall be able to paste it in a Word document but it says not enough
    >>> space.
    >>>

    >> did you see this:

    > I did go to this which says that once opened I should have saved it
    > which I did not.

    er .. you decline to follow the software vendors instructions, yet still
    want advice from strangers ? Strange ...

    > Now, could I recover my document or should I forget it please?

    Why not just follow the advice and instructions in the link posted, and you
    can recover it.

    --
    Paul

    (8(|) Homer rocks .. ;)
    Paul - xxx, Feb 28, 2004
  5. Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar Jatt

    Professor Guest

    To see what is there you can try opening it in notepad by choosing "all
    files" instead of text and if it is too large it will put you over to
    Microsoft Word which you agree to. If it has the text there instead of all
    code you might try to glean the text by copying what is usefull and pasting
    it where you want then saving it as a text document. If there is nothing
    but code you might try a decoding program.

    Professor, Feb 28, 2004
  6. Hi,

    I did not succeed in recovering the file. Your assistance is much
    appreciated.

    Rajinder

    Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar Jatt, Feb 29, 2004