    Thanks

    --
    Juba
    Master Juba, Jan 27, 2004

  2. Master Juba

    MrToad Guest

    "Master Juba" <> Ran in the back door and shouted

    > Can someone point me to a source that will help me read Usenet
    > headers?
    >
    > Also, I'm trying to do some research on open ports and using several
    > proxy servers. Any help there?
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > --
    > Juba

    Reading usenet headers:
    http://www.technomom.com/cynthia/headers/usenetheaders.html

    Proxy servers:
    http://www.publicproxyservers.com/index.html

    Open ports:
    http://www.secwiz.com/Default.aspx?tabid=70

    .... to name but just a few resources, google for more info.

    --
    MrToad
    MrToad, Jan 27, 2004

  3. Master Juba

    °Mike° Guest

    SpamCop FAQ Parsing and reporting spam
    http://spamcop.net/fom-serve/cache/16.html

    Tracking SPAM
    http://www.claws-and-paws.com/spam-l/tracking.html

    A Quick Guide to E-Mail Headers
    http://real.fissure.org/articles/headers.shtml

    Reading Email Headers
    http://www.stopspam.org/email/headers.html

    Privacy Watch - How To Read Usenet Headers
    http://www.cotse.net/privacy/newsgroup_header.htm

    Privacy Watch - How To Read Email Headers
    http://www.cotse.net/privacy/email_header.htm

    Reading Usenet Message Headers
    http://www.technomom.com/cynthia/headers/usenetheaders.html

    Deciphering NewsPost Headers Guide
    http://support.xo.com/abuse/guide/guide2-news2.html

    Lycos Help & How-To - Reading Newsgroup Messages
    http://howto.lycos.com/lycos/step/1,,6 33 84 23560 11852,00.html

    You'll have to be more specific on ports and proxy
    servers, but here's some info on ports.

    List of frequently seen TCP and UDP ports and what they mean.
    http://www.iss.net/security_center/advice/Exploits/Ports/

    Port Listings

    Internet Storm Center - Port Reports
    http://isc.incidents.org/port_details.html

    PC Flank - Ports database
    http://www.pcflank.com/ports_services.htm

    On Mon, 26 Jan 2004 21:58:25 -0500, in
    <bv4k2n$9sm$>
    Master Juba scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Jan 27, 2004
  4. Master Juba

    Richard Guest

    Master Juba wrote:

    > Can someone point me to a source that will help me read Usenet headers?

    > Also, I'm trying to do some research on open ports and using several
    > proxy servers. Any help there?

    > Thanks

    > --
    > Juba

    Here's your headers from this post:

    From: "Master Juba" <>
    Newsgroups: 24hoursupport.helpdesk
    Subject: Help Reading Headers
    Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2004 21:58:25 -0500

    From: Person sending the post.
    Newsgroups: List of groups posted to.
    Subject: For clarification in case the post is misplaced.
    Date: should be obvious.

    X- ??????
    All of these are "EXperimental" and are mostly ignored except for
    store the post.

    If you're trying to track down the precise source of the post, welllllll,
    you won't get to far other than finding out which service it came from.
    There is a coding used in the message ID line which is supposed to be unique
    to your machine.
    So the myth says. Actually, it merely helps identify the post and the
    posting source, which may not be your machine, but that of the service.
    Richard, Jan 27, 2004