help reaching help

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Jim Beaver, Oct 8, 2008.

  1. Jim Beaver

    Jim Beaver Guest

    Jim Beaver, Oct 8, 2008

  2. Jim Beaver

    Jim Beaver Guest

    "John Dean" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Jim Beaver wrote:
    >> I've gone to Yahoo's Help page to contact their customer service email
    >> (http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/mail/yahoomail/forms_index.html).
    >> There's a nice button there to click labeled Email Us. But it
    >> doesn't click. It's a nice way for them to avoid helping anyone. Does
    >> anyone here have an email address for Yahoo help?

    > The 'Email Us' is just the headline. There are two clickable links
    > underneath - one for technical help and one for abuse.

    Hmmm. Not on my page. There's only the one for abuse. Weird.

    I don't need to go to Yahoo for abuse. Plenty of that right here.

    Thanks, John.

    Jim Beaver
    Jim Beaver, Oct 8, 2008

  3. Jim Beaver

    VanguardLH Guest

    Jim Beaver wrote:

    > I've gone to Yahoo's Help page to contact their customer service email
    > (http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/mail/yahoomail/forms_index.html). There's
    > a nice button there to click labeled Email Us. But it doesn't click. It's
    > a nice way for them to avoid helping anyone. Does anyone here have an email
    > address for Yahoo help?

    The purple colored

    <bubbleicon> Chat with us
    and
    <envelopeicon> Email Us

    text on that page is just that: TEXT. They are NOT links. The link for
    chat is the button. The links for e-mails are shown below in blue color
    (you only get to use their webforms; they are not divulging e-mail
    addresses to get them spammed to death). Look at the text of:

    <Yahoo! Mail Help Form (s)>
    Use this form for requesting help with Yahoo! Mail.

    <Yahoo! Mail Abuse Form>
    Use this form to report incidents of abuse or harassment.

    The text shown within angle brackets is where the link is. Click on
    those. Those links worked just fine for me.

    Okay, now get a cold washcloth for that red spot on your forehead after
    slapping yourself and silently oathing at yourself.
    VanguardLH, Oct 8, 2008
  4. Jim Beaver

    John Dean Guest

    Jim Beaver wrote:
    > "John Dean" <> wrote in message
    >> Jim Beaver wrote:
    >>> I've gone to Yahoo's Help page to contact their customer service
    >>> email
    >>> (http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/mail/yahoomail/forms_index.html).
    >>> There's a nice button there to click labeled Email Us. But it
    >>> doesn't click. It's a nice way for them to avoid helping anyone.
    >>> Does anyone here have an email address for Yahoo help?

    >> The 'Email Us' is just the headline. There are two clickable links
    >> underneath - one for technical help and one for abuse.

    > Hmmm. Not on my page. There's only the one for abuse. Weird.

    You sure you're signed in and everything? This is the text version of how
    the bottom half of your link looks to me:

    Alert: If you are experiencing problems sending or receiving email through
    an email client, such as Outlook, please click here for information on how
    to resolve the issue.

    Email Us

    Yahoo! Mail Technical Help Form
    Use this form for requesting help with Yahoo! Mail.

    Yahoo! Mail Abuse Form
    Use this form to report incidents of abuse or harassment.
    *****
    The lines beginning 'Yahoo!' are the clickable links
    This is where the technical help link goes:
    http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/mail/yahoomail/help_f.html?from_url=

    Another thing on that page is a link to here:
    http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/mail/yahoomail/mailplus/pop/pop-36.html
    which has a tip about amending your configuration to take full advantage of
    their latest upgrade

    --
    John Dean
    Oxford