    Does anyone know what needs to be done to make the image look normal?
    Thanks.
    Eddie

    Edward Holub, Jan 2, 2005

  2. Edward Holub

    The One Guest

    "Edward Holub" <> wrote in message
    news:DgVBd.43169$...
    > Hey folks,
    > I've been bitten by the widescreen fever. For years I've been using
    > the
    > Samsung 170MP computer monitor as a television. You can't beat the sharp
    > clear picture.
    > Recently, the Sharp LC26GA4U widescreen television impressed me.
    > Then, I saw the HP F2304 23" multimedia computer monitor at CompUSA.
    > They were nice enough to hook up a DVD player to it. Every DVD played, no
    > matter what aspect ratio, the image was squeezed horizontally so that each
    > human looked short and fat. No one at the store could figure out how to
    > fix
    > the problem.
    > Does anyone know what needs to be done to make the image look normal?
    > Thanks.
    > Eddie

    There has to be a menu which gives the option to chage the aspect ratio, if
    there isnt take it back. assuming you dont have a manual which would tell
    you the answer here are some online info which may help.

    http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/manualCategory?product=404518&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&lang=en&cc=us

    The One, Jan 2, 2005

  3. Edward Holub

    Thor Guest

    most likely the DVD player's output settings were incorrect for the wide
    aspect ratio, or there was a compatibility issue between the player and the
    monitor. Hard to say for usre without being there to see the monitor and DVD
    player's adjustments.

    Thor, Jan 2, 2005