    other features work fine. I just can't format the CF card because it does
    not detect one, not even the CF card that used to work. Thank you for your
    help.
    Marros via PhotoKB.com, May 17, 2005

  2. Marros via PhotoKB.com

    Rick Guest

    "Marros via PhotoKB.com" <> wrote in message news:...
    > Hey everyone, I am having trouble with my digital camera. I have a Canon
    > Powershot A 95, and the problem is that no matter what I try, the camera
    > says there is no memory card in it, even though there is. It does not
    > detect it, and the sad part is that it used to work just fine. I am
    > desperate, and I don't want to think that my camera is faulty, because the
    > other features work fine. I just can't format the CF card because it does
    > not detect one, not even the CF card that used to work. Thank you for your
    > help.

    Get a flashlight and look down into the CF slot in the
    camera. Check carefully for any bent or broken pins.
    Rick, May 17, 2005

  3. Marros via PhotoKB.com

    GT Guest

    Does the CF card work in your card reader or anywhere else? A friends camera
    perhaps?

    I just bought a canon 350d recently and got a 256Mb Kingston CF card which
    failed after a week. I bought another which arrived broken. Both were
    refunded. I bought a 2GB Kingston Elite card and it appears to be OK, so it
    could just be the card - your camera might be OK.

    I have worked with computers (building and repairing) for about 10 years now
    and I have rarely seen memory problems, but I have either been unlucky or CF
    cards are pretty fragile!

    > Hey everyone, I am having trouble with my digital camera. I have a Canon
    > Powershot A 95, and the problem is that no matter what I try, the camera
    > says there is no memory card in it, even though there is. It does not
    > detect it, and the sad part is that it used to work just fine. I am
    > desperate, and I don't want to think that my camera is faulty, because the
    > other features work fine. I just can't format the CF card because it does
    > not detect one, not even the CF card that used to work. Thank you for your
    > help.

    x-- Access to over 1.6 Terabytes per Day - $8.95/Month
    x-- UNLIMITED DOWNLOAD
    GT, May 17, 2005
  4. Marros via PhotoKB.com

    Gav Guest

    > Hey everyone, I am having trouble with my digital camera. I have a Canon
    > Powershot A 95, and the problem is that no matter what I try, the camera
    > says there is no memory card in it, even though there is. It does not
    > detect it, and the sad part is that it used to work just fine. I am
    > desperate, and I don't want to think that my camera is faulty, because the
    > other features work fine. I just can't format the CF card because it does
    > not detect one, not even the CF card that used to work. Thank you for your
    > help.

    Are you saying you have 2 cards and neither of them work? If you only have 1
    card can you try it in another camera or card reader? From my experience
    whenever I've had a problem like that its turned out to be the CF card
    itself.

    Gav
    Gav, May 17, 2005
  5. Marros via PhotoKB.com

    Paul Rubin Guest

    "Marros via PhotoKB.com" <> writes:
    > other features work fine. I just can't format the CF card because it does
    > not detect one, not even the CF card that used to work. Thank you for your
    > help.

    Try removing the card and formatting it in a computer. If that
    doesn't work, your camera may need service.
    Paul Rubin, May 17, 2005