HELP.... Problems between G-mail <---> Hotmail...???

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Big.David.NJ@gmail.com, Nov 11, 2008.

  1. Guest

    Hi.. I have an interesting and perplexing problem and I was wondering
    if anyone here could possibly shed some light on this for me.

    I have a friend that has Hotmail and I have G-mail. Now... we get
    some of our email.... but not ALL of them.

    This has resulted in me missing dinner invitations and her thinking
    that perhaps I was ignoring her emails.

    Now... we are both in each others address books correctly and assuming
    everything is OK with how we send them etc.... what are some possible
    causes of this mail just getting lost in Cyberspace?

    Is this common? Perhaps Hotlmail and G-mail don't like each
    other...? LOL and if anyone could offer some possible solutions
    that would be very much appreciated.

    Thanks in advance

    ~ david ~

    , Nov 11, 2008

  2. Guest

    Re: HELP.... Problems between G-mail <---> Hotmail...???

    wrote:
    > Hi.. I have an interesting and perplexing problem and I was wondering
    > if anyone here could possibly shed some light on this for me.
    >
    > I have a friend that has Hotmail and I have G-mail. Now... we get
    > some of our email.... but not ALL of them.
    >
    > This has resulted in me missing dinner invitations and her thinking
    > that perhaps I was ignoring her emails.
    >
    > Now... we are both in each others address books correctly and assuming
    > everything is OK with how we send them etc.... what are some possible
    > causes of this mail just getting lost in Cyberspace?
    >
    > Is this common? Perhaps Hotlmail and G-mail don't like each
    > other...? LOL and if anyone could offer some possible solutions
    > that would be very much appreciated.
    >
    > Thanks in advance
    >
    > ~ david ~

    bump

    , Nov 11, 2008

  3. tomZ Guest

    wrote:

    > wrote:
    >> Hi.. I have an interesting and perplexing problem and I was wondering
    >> if anyone here could possibly shed some light on this for me.
    >>
    >> I have a friend that has Hotmail and I have G-mail. Now... we get
    >> some of our email.... but not ALL of them.
    >>
    >> This has resulted in me missing dinner invitations and her thinking
    >> that perhaps I was ignoring her emails.
    >>
    >> Now... we are both in each others address books correctly and assuming
    >> everything is OK with how we send them etc.... what are some possible
    >> causes of this mail just getting lost in Cyberspace?
    >>
    >> Is this common? Perhaps Hotlmail and G-mail don't like each
    >> other...? LOL and if anyone could offer some possible solutions
    >> that would be very much appreciated.
    >>
    >> Thanks in advance
    >>
    >> ~ david ~

    > bump

    David,
    I experienced a similar problem with one of my email accounts. It
    turned out _one_ of the email servers used for relaying emails had
    been 'blacklisted' for sending SPAM. So depending on which server
    handled the outgoing mail, it may have been automatically junked by
    the receiving server.

    Solution?
    As I recall, I had to do some testing with multiple accounts just to
    find the problem.
    With Gmail/Hotmail, I would "think" it'd be possible to cross
    reference the mail servers of one with the SPAM listings used by the
    other to see if this is the problem.

    OR

    If it were me, I'd get a Hotmail account for the friend to send
    emails to........I hate to miss a free meal ;)

    YMMV

    Cheers,
    tom

    --
    If you spam my mailbox, you agree to accept any response I deem
    appropriate.

    tomZ, Nov 12, 2008
  4. Mike Easter Guest

    wrote:

    > wrote:

    >> Hi.. I have an interesting and perplexing problem

    > bump

    Part of the reason that you are having such a hard time being 'heard' that
    you feel that you need to 'bump' the message is because you are posting
    from GG googlegroups.

    A sizeable percentage of the usenet population filters out GGers to aid in
    spam and troll filtering control. If you use the same posting methods as
    spammers and trolls and other anonymizers, then your messages will be
    filtered along with theirs.

    Use a newsreader and a newsserver, there are plenty of free (and nearly
    free) ones. Your OS appears to be W98 and your browser Opera. W98 has a
    free newsagent OE Outlook Express. Opera has/is a free newsagent. Free
    newsservers are such as aioe which doesn't require registration and
    motzarella which has advantages over aioe -- and many others.

    --
    Mike Easter

    Mike Easter, Nov 12, 2008
  5. Juan Kerr Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > Hi.. I have an interesting and perplexing problem and I was wondering
    > if anyone here could possibly shed some light on this for me.
    >
    > I have a friend that has Hotmail and I have G-mail. Now... we get
    > some of our email.... but not ALL of them.
    >
    > This has resulted in me missing dinner invitations and her thinking
    > that perhaps I was ignoring her emails.
    >
    > Now... we are both in each others address books correctly and assuming
    > everything is OK with how we send them etc.... what are some possible
    > causes of this mail just getting lost in Cyberspace?
    >
    > Is this common? Perhaps Hotlmail and G-mail don't like each
    > other...? LOL and if anyone could offer some possible solutions
    > that would be very much appreciated.

    It is well known to most mail server admins that Hotmail and, not so much,
    Gmail have competing and aggressive Spam filters.
    Hotmail, by default, has very aggressive spam filtering. So aggressive in
    fact that messages that do not exhibit any spam characteristics whatsoever
    are filtered.

    Another answer would be the servers blacklisting one or more IP's, but if
    even one mail is getting through, this is not the problem.

    Solution, make sure subject lines are innocuous and don't send attachments.

    Other than that, use another mail server.

    Juan Kerr, Nov 12, 2008
  6. Juan Kerr Guest

    > Juan Kerr wrote:
    >
    >> It is well known to most mail server admins that Hotmail and, not so
    >> much, Gmail have competing and aggressive Spam filters.

    > That isn't an answer to two correspondents who are known contacts of each
    > other and who have each other on their contacts list whose mail might (or
    > might not) be lost.
    >
    > It is my understanding that both hotmail and gmail whitelist contacts,
    > which should prevent the spam filter from affecting/filtering the
    > whitelisted's mail.
    >
    > Another distinct possibility for this problem in my mind is that it is a
    > 'social' issue/whitelie rather than a mailfilter issue.
    >
    > How come you didn't answer my mail (come over, return my call, etc)? Oh,
    > I never got it (your mail, your message). Riiiiggghhht.
    >
    > Parties can mutually agree to turn on and use their return receipt
    > function if they are using mailuser agent instead of the webmail of
    > gmail/hotmail -- or better yet, they can mutually agree to hit the reply
    > button (without requiring any reply input) so that the sender knows a
    > particular mail was received.
    >

    > --
    > Mike Easter

    White lists and contacts are a useful tool, but Hotmail is spectacularly bad
    at implementing them...
    I whould also suspect gmail is just as bad.

    You get what you pay for in life...

    As an example, read this, posted last week, it may bring you up to date on
    the issue:

    http://www.microsoft.com/communitie...740-b2b3-9951c994bced&lang=en&cr=US&sloc=&p=1
    or
    http://tinyurl.com/5ua7fg

    Juan Kerr, Nov 12, 2008
  7. Re: HELP.... Problems between G-mail <---> Hotmail...???

    On Tue, 11 Nov 2008 12:06:59 -0800, Big.David.NJ aided th' terraists with
    the following claims :

    > wrote:
    >> Hi.. I have an interesting and perplexing problem and I was wondering
    >> if anyone here could possibly shed some light on this for me.
    >>
    >> I have a friend that has Hotmail and I have G-mail. Now... we get
    >> some of our email.... but not ALL of them.
    >>
    >> This has resulted in me missing dinner invitations and her thinking
    >> that perhaps I was ignoring her emails.
    >>
    >> Now... we are both in each others address books correctly and assuming
    >> everything is OK with how we send them etc.... what are some possible
    >> causes of this mail just getting lost in Cyberspace?
    >>
    >> Is this common? Perhaps Hotlmail and G-mail don't like each
    >> other...? LOL and if anyone could offer some possible solutions
    >> that would be very much appreciated.
    >>
    >> Thanks in advance
    >>
    >> ~ david ~

    > bump

    Yeah we all saw it the first time you impatient twat.
    The problem is with hotmail. They often clear the list of "safe" messages
    you have previously "mark as safe" so that you have to check the "junk"
    folder to see that....amazingly...and yet again...the message from sender
    X is now marked as junk...again.
    But its free...so we cant bitch now can we?
    :)

    http://www.peevish.co.uk/slang/index.htm

    §ñühwØ£f, Nov 12, 2008
  8. Re: HELP.... Problems between G-mail <---> Hotmail...???

    §ñühw¤£f configured his own wind-up nipple clamps and shrieked:

    > Bucky Breeder <>
    > wrote in news:Xns9B5372FB4A9CDBuckyGram@216.151.153.14:
    >>
    >> §ñühw¤£f configured his own wind-up nipple clamps and shrieked:
    >>>
    >>> Gee, wots my score?

    >> Permanently retarded!
    >>
    >> Go fetch, Snuhtard, good ghay-wolfus...

    > BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZT!

    You are retarded.

    Go fetch, you st00pid doggie.

    --

    I'm Bucky Breeder, (*(^; , & I got the key to your brand new rollerskates.

    [Your link(s) here - reasonable prices - current FX rates]

    http://www.theonion.com/content/whitehousewar/campaignnews/1

    Bucky Breeder, Nov 12, 2008