    If anyone could possibly offer any assistance / direction for these issues I
    am having, I would greatly appreciate.
    BEST REGARDS
    =?Utf-8?B?Um9iIEJyb3du?=, Jun 27, 2006

  2. =?Utf-8?B?Um9iIEJyb3du?=

    Guest

    Can you ping your mail server from your laptop when you are on the
    wireless network?
    Start Menu - Run - cmd click okay,
    Then in DOS box, type in ping mail.server.com or whatever your
    outgoing mail server's adderess is.
    Then see if you can telnet into the port 25 of the mail server.
    Type in at the DOS box telnet mail.server.com 25 see if you come up
    with a prompt.

    Cheers
    Jim

    Rob Brown wrote:
    > I have recently installed a Linksys wireless-G broadband router onto my
    > cable-modem. My Home PC is the main computer in the household. I only use
    > (1) laptop to access the wireless network within my home. My laptop computer
    > has no problems accessing the wireless signal OR accessing the signal if I
    > plug into one of the additional (4) available ports. My laptop has no
    > problems receiving e-mail messages OR accessing the internet. HOWEVER, I am
    > having difficulties attempting to SEND e-mail.
    > I am a frequent business traveler and I DO NOT have these problems at hotels
    > offering wireless hi-speed internet. I have contacted Linksys tech-support
    > and they say that it is due to settings WITHIN Microsoft Outlook 2003.
    > A little background on attempting to SEND e-mail ... I am utilizing
    > Microsoft Outlook 2003 to access a web-based e-mail client (Merak Mail
    > Server). I do not know if that has any bearing?
    > Both my Home PC and laptop are running Windows XP.
    > If anyone could possibly offer any assistance / direction for these issues I
    > am having, I would greatly appreciate.
    > BEST REGARDS
    , Jun 27, 2006

  3. I had a similar problem and it turned out to be the port address for the
    server setting. I was advised by my email provider to change it from 25
    to 110. That fixed MY problem. It may not fix yours but if all else
    fails give it a try.
    Don

    Donald Jacobs, Jun 27, 2006
  4. "Rob Brown" <> wrote in message
    >I have recently installed a Linksys wireless-G broadband router onto my
    > cable-modem. My Home PC is the main computer in the household. I only
    > use
    > (1) laptop to access the wireless network within my home. My laptop
    > computer
    > has no problems accessing the wireless signal OR accessing the signal if I
    > plug into one of the additional (4) available ports. My laptop has no
    > problems receiving e-mail messages OR accessing the internet. HOWEVER, I
    > am
    > having difficulties attempting to SEND e-mail.
    > I am a frequent business traveler and I DO NOT have these problems at
    > hotels
    > offering wireless hi-speed internet. I have contacted Linksys
    > tech-support
    > and they say that it is due to settings WITHIN Microsoft Outlook 2003.
    > A little background on attempting to SEND e-mail ... I am utilizing
    > Microsoft Outlook 2003 to access a web-based e-mail client (Merak Mail
    > Server). I do not know if that has any bearing?
    > Both my Home PC and laptop are running Windows XP.
    > If anyone could possibly offer any assistance / direction for these issues
    > am having, I would greatly appreciate.
    > BEST REGARDS

    Check with your ISP. They may be blocking port 25 past their own POP server.
    Eg, out to Internet. If they are, find out how to enable it. A quick and
    easy way is to logon to your account through a web browser and see if they
    have any security/limitation settings that you can alter.
    Diamontina Cocktail, Jun 28, 2006
  5. JIM,

    I tried your reccomendations and came up with the following ...

    Pinging "mail.server.com" with 32 bytes of data:

    Reply from "mail.server.com": bytes=32 time=31ms TTL=114
    Reply from "mail.server.com": bytes=32 time=30ms TTL=114
    Reply from "mail.server.com": bytes=32 time=28ms TTL=114
    Reply from "mail.server.com": bytes=32 time=30ms TTL=114

    Ping statistics for "mail.server.com":
    Minimum = 28ms, Maximum = 31 ms, Average = 29ms

    When I attempted to telnet into port 25 of the mail.server.com, I received
    the following message...

    Connecting To "mail.server.com"...Could not open connection to the host, on
    port 25: Connect failed

    Any other additional suggestions?
    Thank you in advance and CYA online

    =?Utf-8?B?Um9iIEJyb3du?=, Jun 28, 2006
  6. "Rob Brown" <> wrote in message
    > JIM,
    >
    > I tried your reccomendations and came up with the following ...
    >
    > Pinging "mail.server.com" with 32 bytes of data:
    >
    > Reply from "mail.server.com": bytes=32 time=31ms TTL=114
    > Reply from "mail.server.com": bytes=32 time=30ms TTL=114
    > Reply from "mail.server.com": bytes=32 time=28ms TTL=114
    > Reply from "mail.server.com": bytes=32 time=30ms TTL=114
    >
    > Ping statistics for "mail.server.com":
    > Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
    > Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
    > Minimum = 28ms, Maximum = 31 ms, Average = 29ms
    >
    > When I attempted to telnet into port 25 of the mail.server.com, I received
    > the following message...
    >
    > Connecting To "mail.server.com"...Could not open connection to the host,
    > on
    > port 25: Connect failed
    >
    > Any other additional suggestions?
    > Thank you in advance and CYA online

    Like I said to you before - your ISP is blocking port 25. Either get on to
    their web site and your account under that and unblock it or ring them and
    tell them to do it.
    Diamontina Cocktail, Jun 28, 2006
  7. =?Utf-8?B?Um9iIEJyb3du?=

    Guest

    Yep, I agree Port 25 is getting blocked. Now have you tried plugging
    in your laptop directly into the cable modem via a lan cable and then
    trying to send email?
    If this works, then it is your Linksys Wireless Router blocking port
    25, but if you still cannot send email, then I would be calling the
    ISP.
    Let us know how you go.

    Jim

    , Jun 29, 2006