    programs. I've run 'Ad-aware' without success.

    Can anyone help ?

    Regards, Sam C.
    Sam Caldwell, Sep 28, 2005

  2. Sam Caldwell wrote:
    > Running WinXP, I've become afflicted with a permanent pop-up.
    > On first activation of Internet Explorer the pop-up appears as a
    > double row of buttons above the status bar at the bottom of the
    > screen. I can't collapse it and I can't move it. The buttons take
    > me to the named categories at "Open Search Web",(lop.com/search)
    >
    > When I close I.E. the pop-up stays in place and remains active, even
    > when I fire up things like 'Word' and 'XL'
    > I can't ignore it as it obscures information and controls in other
    > programs. I've run 'Ad-aware' without success.

    Try Windows AntiSpyware
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...A2-6A57-4C57-A8BD-DBF62EDA9671&displaylang=en
    Nathan Mercer, Sep 28, 2005

  3. "Sam Caldwell" <> wrote in message
    > Running WinXP, I've become afflicted with a permanent pop-up.
    > On first activation of Internet Explorer the pop-up appears as a
    > double row of buttons above the status bar at the bottom of the
    > screen. I can't collapse it and I can't move it. The buttons take
    > me to the named categories at "Open Search Web",(lop.com/search)
    >
    > When I close I.E. the pop-up stays in place and remains active, even
    > when I fire up things like 'Word' and 'XL'
    > I can't ignore it as it obscures information and controls in other
    > programs. I've run 'Ad-aware' without success.
    >
    > Can anyone help ?
    >
    > Regards, Sam C.

    A couple of things to try quickly:

    #1 use the Tools / Manage Add-ons option in IE and see if you can locate and
    disable it
    #2 download and run the MSRT

    Brett Roberts
    Microsoft NZ
    Brett Roberts, Sep 28, 2005

    Brett Roberts, Sep 28, 2005
  5. Dave - Dave.net.nz, Sep 28, 2005
  6. Sam Caldwell

    Goalie Guest

    Try Mozilla Firefox which has the popup excluded at the left hand top bar. (MS free)
    >Running WinXP, I've become afflicted with a permanent pop-up.
    >On first activation of Internet Explorer the pop-up appears as a
    >double row of buttons above the status bar at the bottom of the
    >screen. I can't collapse it and I can't move it. The buttons take
    >me to the named categories at "Open Search Web",(lop.com/search)
    >
    >When I close I.E. the pop-up stays in place and remains active, even
    >when I fire up things like 'Word' and 'XL'
    >I can't ignore it as it obscures information and controls in other
    >programs. I've run 'Ad-aware' without success.
    >
    >Can anyone help ?
    >
    >Regards, Sam C.

    Error, no keyboard - press F1 to continue
    Goalie, Sep 28, 2005
  7. Sam Caldwell

    Gordon Guest

    On Wed, 28 Sep 2005 12:07:30 +1200, Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:

    > well done guys. not often you can get help from not one, but two MS
    > employees, in under 10 minutes no less.

    Get used to it the Penguin has made the playing field the ocean and MS has
    just decided to go for a swim/game.

    Competition benefits the "consumer"/consumer. Game on, as Susan Woods
    babbles on in the promo.
    Gordon, Sep 29, 2005
  8. Gordon wrote:
    >>well done guys. not often you can get help from not one, but two MS
    >>employees, in under 10 minutes no less.

    > Get used to it the Penguin has made the playing field the ocean and MS has
    > just decided to go for a swim/game.

    ahh, ok then Gordon... you sound a little creepy when talking about "the
    penguin" et al.

    > Competition benefits the "consumer"/consumer. Game on, as Susan Woods
    > babbles on in the promo.

    Who is Susan Woods?
    Google wasn't much help unless you meant the custom wood fabrication place.

    --
    http://dave.net.nz <- My personal site.
    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Sep 29, 2005
  9. Sam Caldwell

    Mark C Guest

    "Dave - Dave.net.nz" <> wrote in

    > Who is Susan Woods?

    The presenter of TV1's CloseUp program, 7pm weekdays.
    Mark C, Sep 30, 2005
  10. Mark C wrote:
    >>Who is Susan Woods?

    > The presenter of TV1's CloseUp program, 7pm weekdays.

    oh, never heard of it/her.

    --
    http://dave.net.nz <- My personal site.
    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Sep 30, 2005
  11. In article <433c7928$0$18563$>,
    Mark C <> wrote:

    >"Dave - Dave.net.nz" <> wrote in
    >
    >> Who is Susan Woods?

    >The presenter of TV1's CloseUp program, 7pm weekdays.

    You mean Susan Wood?
    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Oct 1, 2005
  12. In article <>,
    Goalie <> wrote:

    >Error, no keyboard - press F1 to continue

    Let me see if I can explain this hilariously popular joke.

    Machine boots up without a functioning keyboard connected. The BIOS is
    normally configured to treat this as an error. So it puts up a message
    saying "no keyboard", and requests the pressing of a key to continue.
    Naturally, this cannot be done without a functioning keyboard connected.

    FIX: find and plug in a working keyboard. Press aforesaid key to confirm
    to BIOS that keyboard is plugged in and working. Boot process continues,
    and both machine and human are happy.

    Very funny, no?
    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Oct 1, 2005
  13. Gordon wrote:
    > On Wed, 28 Sep 2005 12:07:30 +1200, Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:
    >

    >>well done guys. not often you can get help from not one, but two MS
    >>employees, in under 10 minutes no less.

    > Get used to it the Penguin has made the playing field the ocean and MS has
    > just decided to go for a swim/game.

    Can you translate?
    Nathan Mercer, Oct 4, 2005