    the only new thing i have installed is ICQ but i have gone back to an earlier restore point to overcome that problem with no success
    thx 4 reading this prob ......
    Cover_Collector

    cover_collector, Sep 5, 2003

  2. cover_collector wrote:
    >> hi elier today all my desktop items dissappeared , i have tried
    >> the obvious like restore point and turning of & rebooting they are
    >> all in the correct folder ie C:\Documents and Settings\jason
    >> fairchild\Desktop i don't know what else i can do... to restore
    >> them ... i can't add any new ones either well i can but they don't
    >> show on the desktop either any help offered will be appreciated
    >> immensly i run WIN XP PRO on an athlon thunderbird 850mhz chip the
    >> only new thing i have installed is ICQ but i have gone back to an
    >> earlier restore point to overcome that problem with no success thx
    >> 4 reading this prob ...... Cover_Collector

    right click your desktop and select properties\Web\
    & take any tick out of: "view my active desktop as a WebPage"

    (just in case you put a tick in it or someone else did !)

    because if you have also got the option selected to:
    hide my Desktop Icons when viewed as a webPage

    selected else where, then all your Icons will disappear !!!

    (Im on Windows98 myself)
    so it maybe a different path to your options ?
    Mines titled: Display Properties

    If it turns out to be that simple you'll be laughing soon.

    If not I wish you luck...

    \(\(\(\(\(\(\(\(\(\(0\)\)\)\)\)\)\)\)\)\), Sep 5, 2003

  3. cover_collector

    Boomer Guest

    Change your posting name. That one is giving me a fucking headache.

    Boomer, Sep 5, 2003
  4. Boomer wrote:
    >> ((((((((((0)))))))))) wrote:
    >>
    >> Change your posting name. That one is giving me a fucking headache.

    That's what the aspirin's in the middle !!!

  5. cover_collector

    Liz Guest

    > Boomer wrote:
    > >>
    > >> Change your posting name. That one is giving me a fucking headache.

    > That's what the aspirin's in the middle !!!

    You should always take two, that *one* is for the feet.

    Liz, Sep 5, 2003