    there some sort off codec or something I can use or download so I can view
    these post.

    Andy
    Andrew, Jan 28, 2006

  2. Andrew

    Gordon Guest

    Andrew wrote:
    > Hey out there, I`m a new user. I`m having problems with viewing
    > posts that contain videos. It almost looks like I`m viewing
    > hieroglyphics. is there some sort off codec or something I can use or
    > download so I can view these post.
    >
    > Andy

    Check out "Combine and decode" in OE Help.
    Gordon, Jan 28, 2006

  3. Andrew

    philo Guest

    Gordon wrote:
    > Andrew wrote:
    >
    >> Hey out there, I`m a new user. I`m having problems with viewing
    >>posts that contain videos. It almost looks like I`m viewing
    >>hieroglyphics. is there some sort off codec or something I can use or
    >>download so I can view these post.
    >>
    >> Andy

    > Check out "Combine and decode" in OE Help.

    That's good advice...
    otherwise you'd have to learn ancient Egyptian!!!!
    philo, Jan 28, 2006
  4. Andrew

    Gordon Guest

    philo wrote:
    > Gordon wrote:
    >> Andrew wrote:
    >>
    >>> Hey out there, I`m a new user. I`m having problems with viewing
    >>> posts that contain videos. It almost looks like I`m viewing
    >>> hieroglyphics. is there some sort off codec or something I can use
    >>> or download so I can view these post.
    >>>
    >>> Andy

    >> Check out "Combine and decode" in OE Help.
    >>

    > That's good advice...
    > otherwise you'd have to learn ancient Egyptian!!!!

    ROTFL!
    Gordon, Jan 28, 2006
  5. On Sat, 28 Jan 2006 12:25:28 -0600, philo wrote:

    > Gordon wrote:
    >> Andrew wrote:
    >>
    >>> Hey out there, I`m a new user. I`m having problems with viewing
    >>>posts that contain videos. It almost looks like I`m viewing
    >>>hieroglyphics. is there some sort off codec or something I can use or
    >>>download so I can view these post.
    >>>
    >>> Andy

    >> Check out "Combine and decode" in OE Help.
    >>

    > That's good advice...
    > otherwise you'd have to learn ancient Egyptian!!!!

    So *that's* how they're encoding those. Well, that's a start... :)

    --
    Blinky
    Killing all posts from Google Groups
    Blinky the Shark, Jan 28, 2006
  6. Andrew wrote:

    > Hey out there, I`m a new user. I`m having problems with viewing posts
    > that contain videos. It almost looks like I`m viewing hieroglyphics. is
    > there some sort off codec or something I can use or download so I can view
    > these post.

    Most binaries these days ar posted as yenc'd stuff. OE cannot do much with
    them, you rather want (free) agent or xnews or pan for linux.

    Btw., you (NNTP-Posting-Host: 70.160.170.154
  7. Andrew

    Tony Guest

    "Andrew" <> wrote in message
    > Hey out there, I`m a new user. I`m having problems with viewing posts
    > that contain videos. It almost looks like I`m viewing hieroglyphics. is
    > there some sort off codec or something I can use or download so I can view
    > these post.
    >
    > Andy

    Some are encoded with yEnc as well and you will need to download a program
    to combine and decode them such as http://www.yenc32.com/ unless you want to
    use a newsreader like PAN which will do it for you (I'm sure others will but
    I use PAN on my Linux box and I'm pretty sure the windows version works the
    same)
    Tony, Jan 28, 2006
  8. On Sat, 28 Jan 2006 20:11:19 +0000, Tony wrote:

    > "Andrew" <> wrote in message
    >> Hey out there, I`m a new user. I`m having problems with viewing
    >> posts
    >> that contain videos. It almost looks like I`m viewing hieroglyphics. is
    >> there some sort off codec or something I can use or download so I can
    >> view these post.
    >>
    >> Andy

    > Some are encoded with yEnc as well and you will need to download a program
    > to combine and decode them such as http://www.yenc32.com/ unless you want
    > to use a newsreader like PAN which will do it for you (I'm sure others
    > will but I use PAN on my Linux box and I'm pretty sure the windows version
    > works the same)

    I think Xnews does, too. Best resource: news.software.readers. Good
    group.

    Blinky the Shark, Jan 28, 2006
  9. Andrew

    tinytim Guest

    "Andrew" <> wrote in message
    > Hey out there, I`m a new user. I`m having problems with viewing posts
    > that contain videos. It almost looks like I`m viewing hieroglyphics. is
    > there some sort off codec or something I can use or download so I can view
    > these post.
    >
    > Andy

    ok
    tinytim, Jan 28, 2006
  10. Andrew

    Andrew Guest

    Thanx for the help. You guys have been great thanx again...

    Andrew, Jan 29, 2006

    Liza Smorgaborgsson, Jan 30, 2006
  12. Re: Re: help pls

    philo wrote:

    Gordon wrote:
    >That's good advice...
    >otherwise you'd have to learn ancient Egyptian!!!!

    We were discussing you -- not me.
    Liza Smorgaborgsson, Jan 30, 2006
  13. Re: Re: help pls

    Gordon wrote:

    philo wrote:

    >ROTFL!

    Please go on.
    Liza Smorgaborgsson, Jan 30, 2006
  14. Re: Re: help pls

    Blinky the Shark wrote:

    On Sat, 28 Jan 2006 20:11:19 +0000, Tony wrote:

    >I think Xnews does, too. Best resource: news.software.readers. Good
    >group.

    That's quite interesting.
    Liza Smorgaborgsson, Jan 30, 2006