    "with CCCleaner every two to three days.
    I would really appreciate your help on this subject.
    Thank you.
    Lethal, Sep 12, 2007

  2. Lethal

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Wed, 12 Sep 2007 18:00:25 GMT, "Lethal" <Moi@no spam.invalide>
    wrote:

    >On my "Windows folder"

    What "Windows Folder"?

    C:\Windows?

    >I have many "text document files",

    What are the names of these "text document files"?

    >would it be safe to delete them?

    Your question lacks sufficient detail to answer that.
    Evan Platt, Sep 12, 2007

  3. Lethal

    dadiOH Guest

    Lethal wrote:
    > On my "Windows folder" I have many "text document files", would it
    > be safe to delete them? are they necessary for the running of my
    > computer ?

    No text files are necessary. There is no reason to delete them though
    as their being there does not affect anything other than storage
    space.
    _______________

    > which is very sluggish even though I do a "clean disk,
    > defrag and registry cleaning "with CCCleaner every two to three
    > days.

    It would most likely have been much less sluggish if you hadn't messed
    with it so much. My suggestion is, stop doing so.

    --

    dadiOH
    ____________________________

    dadiOH's dandies v3.06...
    dadiOH, Sep 12, 2007
  4. Lethal

    ded Guest

    "Lethal" <Moi@no spam.invalide> wrote in message
    > On my "Windows folder" I have many "text document files", would it be safe
    > to delete them?

    What exactly do you mean by "text document files"?
    RIGHT click on one, select "Properties" and post back what it reports.

    > are they necessary for the running of my computer ?which is
    > very sluggish even though I do a "clean disk, defrag and registry cleaning
    > "with CCCleaner every two to three days.

    Every Two to Three days! Then that is obviously not solving the
    sluggishness of your mysterious PC.

    > I would really appreciate your help on this subject.
    > Thank you.

    You are going to have to supply a lot more info.
    ded, Sep 12, 2007
  5. Lethal

    meerkat Guest

    "Lethal" <Moi@no spam.invalide> wrote in message
    > On my "Windows folder" I have many "text document files", would it be safe
    > to delete them? are they necessary for the running of my computer ?which
    > is very sluggish even though I do a "clean disk, defrag and registry
    > cleaning "with CCCleaner every two to three days.
    > I would really appreciate your help on this subject.
    > Thank you.

    It depends a lot what you have `ticked` to clean with CC.
    Is your system full of System Restore files ?
    Do you get any errors ?.
    And anything else you can think of.
    bw..
    meerkat, Sep 12, 2007
  6. Lethal

    who'sthat Guest

    wrote:

    >On my "Windows folder" I have many "text document files", would it be safe
    >to delete them? are they necessary for the running of my computer ?which is
    >very sluggish even though I do a "clean disk, defrag and registry cleaning
    >"with CCCleaner every two to three days.
    >I would really appreciate your help on this subject.
    >Thank you.

    Why do you believe this is the problem?
    who'sthat, Sep 12, 2007
  7. Lethal

    philo Guest

    "Lethal" <Moi@no spam.invalide> wrote in message
    > On my "Windows folder" I have many "text document files", would it be safe
    > to delete them? are they necessary for the running of my computer ?which

    is
    > very sluggish even though I do a "clean disk, defrag and registry cleaning
    > "with CCCleaner every two to three days.
    > I would really appreciate your help on this subject.
    > Thank you.

    although you probably don't need the .txt files...
    deleting them will hardly do anything to improve your machine's performance!
    philo, Sep 13, 2007
  8. Lethal

    Dan C Guest

    On Wed, 12 Sep 2007 18:00:25 +0000, Lethal wrote:

    > On my "Windows folder" I have many "text document files", would it be
    > safe to delete them?

    Yes, completely safe. Delete them all.

    > are they necessary for the running of my computer ?

    Not at all. In fact, many of them are probably viruses in disguise, and
    are just waiting for the right moment to infect your computer and make it
    slower.

    > which is very sluggish even though I do a "clean disk, defrag and
    > registry cleaning "with CCCleaner every two to three days.

    See what I mean? I'd say you should probably do the cleaning more like
    2-3 times per day. That should get your speed back up within a week or
    maybe 10 days.

    > I would really appreciate your help on this subject. Thank you.

    No problem, hope this helps. Let us know how you make out.

    Dan C, Sep 13, 2007
  9. Lethal

    Lethal Guest

    "Evan Platt" <> wrote in message
    > On Wed, 12 Sep 2007 18:00:25 GMT, "Lethal" <Moi@no spam.invalide>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>On my "Windows folder"

    > What "Windows Folder"?
    >
    > C:\Windows?
    >
    >>I have many "text document files",

    > What are the names of these "text document files"?
    >
    >>would it be safe to delete them?

    > Your question lacks sufficient detail to answer that.

    Thanks for answering so fast, I guess I was not clear with my question, but
    I am not very savvy with computers, so I will try to give you more
    information: It is in the C: Windows folder and the files are text document
    notepads.

    My computer is a Untel Pentium 4, WINDOWS XP HOME EDITION, Service pack 2,
    CPU 3.20 GB, 512 Ram and 83% free space.
    Thanks again
    Lethal, Sep 13, 2007
  10. Lethal

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Thu, 13 Sep 2007 01:55:07 GMT, "Lethal" <Moi@no spam.invalide>
    wrote:

    >>>I have many "text document files",

    >> What are the names of these "text document files"?
    >>
    >>>would it be safe to delete them?

    >> Your question lacks sufficient detail to answer that.
    >> --
    >> To reply via e-mail, remove The Obvious from my e-mail address.

    >Thanks for answering so fast, I guess I was not clear with my question, but
    >I am not very savvy with computers, so I will try to give you more
    >information: It is in the C: Windows folder and the files are text document
    >notepads.
    >
    >My computer is a Untel Pentium 4, WINDOWS XP HOME EDITION, Service pack 2,
    >CPU 3.20 GB, 512 Ram and 83% free space.
    >Thanks again

    Ok, that's great. Now re-read my question, specifically, "What are the
    names of these "text document files"?
    Evan Platt, Sep 13, 2007
  11. Evan Platt wrote:

    >>> What are the names of these "text document files"?

    >>> Your question lacks sufficient detail to answer that.
    >>> --
    >>> To reply via e-mail, remove The Obvious from my e-mail address.

    >>Thanks for answering so fast, I guess I was not clear with my question, but
    >>I am not very savvy with computers, so I will try to give you more
    >>information: It is in the C: Windows folder and the files are text document
    >>notepads.
    >>
    >>My computer is a Untel Pentium 4, WINDOWS XP HOME EDITION, Service pack 2,
    >>CPU 3.20 GB, 512 Ram and 83% free space.
    >>Thanks again

    > Ok, that's great. Now re-read my question, specifically, "What are the
    > names of these "text document files"?

    Methinks he's sliding backwards into the bog with "text document notepads"...

    --
    Blinky RLU 297263
    Killing all posts from Google Groups
    Blinky the Shark, Sep 13, 2007
  12. Lethal

    Lethal Guest

    "Evan Platt" <> wrote in message

    >>> What are the names of these "text document files"?

    >>> Your question lacks sufficient detail to answer that.
    >>> --
    >>> To reply via e-mail, remove The Obvious from my e-mail address.

    >>Thanks for answering so fast, I guess I was not clear with my question,
    >>but
    >>I am not very savvy with computers, so I will try to give you more
    >>information: It is in the C: Windows folder and the files are text
    >>document
    >>notepads.
    >>
    >>My computer is a Untel Pentium 4, WINDOWS XP HOME EDITION, Service pack 2,
    >>CPU 3.20 GB, 512 Ram and 83% free space.
    >>Thanks again

    > Ok, that's great. Now re-read my question, specifically, "What are the
    > names of these "text document files"?

    Thanks but I said they were "notepads," should I delete them? will it speed
    up ,y computer?
    Lethal, Sep 13, 2007
  13. Lethal

    Dan C Guest

    On Thu, 13 Sep 2007 03:46:11 +0000, Lethal wrote:

    >> Ok, that's great. Now re-read my question, specifically, "What are the
    >> names of these "text document files"?

    > Thanks but I said they were "notepads," should I delete them? will it speed
    > up ,y computer?

    OK, you're either retarded, stupid beyond belief, or a troll.

    In any case, just bugger off, moron.

    Dan C, Sep 13, 2007
  14. Lethal wrote:

    > "Evan Platt" <> wrote in message

    >>>Thanks for answering so fast, I guess I was not clear with my question,
    >>>but
    >>>I am not very savvy with computers, so I will try to give you more
    >>>information: It is in the C: Windows folder and the files are text
    >>>document
    >>>notepads.
    >>>
    >>>My computer is a Untel Pentium 4, WINDOWS XP HOME EDITION, Service pack 2,
    >>>CPU 3.20 GB, 512 Ram and 83% free space.
    >>>Thanks again

    >> Ok, that's great. Now re-read my question, specifically, "What are the
    >> names of these "text document files"?

    > Thanks but I said they were "notepads," should I delete them? will it speed
    > up ,y computer?

    I'll type slowly for you.

    T h e r e a r e n o " n o t e p a d s " .

    " N o t e p a d " is a p r o g r a m .

    Blinky the Shark, Sep 13, 2007
  15. Lethal

    Evan Platt Guest

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKwGG-miImQ
    Evan Platt, Sep 13, 2007
  16. Lethal

    Rectum Burn Guest

    "Lethal" <Moi@no spam.invalide> said in

    > "Evan Platt" <> wrote in message
    >> On Wed, 12 Sep 2007 18:00:25 GMT, "Lethal" <Moi@no spam.invalide>
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >>>On my "Windows folder"

    >> What "Windows Folder"?
    >>
    >> C:\Windows?
    >>
    >>>I have many "text document files",

    >> What are the names of these "text document files"?
    >>
    >>>would it be safe to delete them?

    >> Your question lacks sufficient detail to answer that.
    >> --
    >> To reply via e-mail, remove The Obvious from my e-mail address.

    > Thanks for answering so fast, I guess I was not clear with my
    > question, but I am not very savvy with computers, so I will try to
    > give you more information: It is in the C: Windows folder and the
    > files are text document notepads.
    >
    > My computer is a Untel Pentium 4, WINDOWS XP HOME EDITION, Service
    > pack 2, CPU 3.20 GB, 512 Ram and 83% free space.
    > Thanks again

    Untel? Freudian slip, maybe? Hehehe.

    Rectum Burrrrrrrn
    Rectum Burn, Sep 13, 2007
  17. Lethal

    Mitch Guest

    In article <7o2Gi.167349$rX4.115381@pd7urf2no>, Lethal <Moi@no> wrote:

    > Thanks but I said they were "notepads," should I delete them? will it speed
    > up ,y computer?

    Wow--
    Even if they are 'notepads,' they have names, right?
    You were just asked what those names were.

    Why in the world would you imagine that removing a few text files would
    speed up your computer?
    Why would you EVER guess that removing content you don't understand
    from the Windows folder would be a good idea?
    Mitch, Sep 13, 2007
  18. Lethal

    who'sthat Guest

    On Wed, 12 Sep 2007 22:04:45 -0700, Evan Platt
    <> wrote:

    >On Thu, 13 Sep 2007 03:46:11 GMT, "Lethal" <Moi@no spam.invalide>
    >wrote:
    >
    >>> Ok, that's great. Now re-read my question, specifically, "What are the
    >>> names of these "text document files"?

    >> To reply via e-mail, remove The Obvious from my e-mail address.
    >>

    >> Thanks but I said they were "notepads," should I delete them? will it speed
    >>up ,y computer?

    >http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKwGG-miImQ

    AHAHHAHHAH
    who'sthat, Sep 13, 2007