    messenger without getting an error report. please can somebody give me some
    useful advice in basic terms. i am using windows xp and my computer is a
    packard bell with a celeron(r) processor. thanks in anticipation.

    dave frost, Jun 5, 2007

  2. dave frost

    why? Guest

    On Tue, 05 Jun 2007 20:03:28 GMT, dave frost wrote:

    You need to check and see why your NTL newsserver is converting all your
    text to lower case.

    Oh no not NTL again.

    >every time i try and get on hotmail i get error 12029 and the diagnostic

    That's all of the message? Oh not it's not (you reply and I say so
    anyway) . You think is all that's needed to solve your problem.

    How do you try and get on hotmail, using OE? Guess so, as you didn't
    say.

    See the results for www.google.com

    Web Results 1 - 10 of about 127,000 for

    hotmail error 12029

    .. (0.12 seconds)

    >test that runs says i must check the firewall settings for the http port(80)

    You did or didn't?

    >https port(443) and ftp port(21)!!!! also i cannot log into my instant

    Is that (21)!!!! or just your embellishment?

    >messenger without getting an error report. please can somebody give me some

    You didn't say what IM app either.

    >useful advice in basic terms. i am using windows xp and my computer is a
    >packard bell with a celeron(r) processor. thanks in anticipation.

    Oddly enough another poster a few days ago, missed important stuff and
    thought in a similar case the model/cpu mattered.

    XP may give some clues but forgetting the full error message, the method
    you are trying to connect to hotmail and the name of the IM app is more
    important. After all that's what your query is all about.

    Me

    why?, Jun 6, 2007