    or
    Do I have to forgo all these quals now and resit the MCSE2003 track

    TIA

    Steve Ray, May 3, 2007

  2. You may finish the 2000 track up untill early next year.

    --
    ..rev

    accepting it"
    ~Aristotle
    ..

    The Rev [MCT], May 3, 2007

  3. Steve Ray

    Steve Ray Guest

    > You may finish the 2000 track up untill early next year.

    And can I then complete the conversation exam ?

    Steve Ray, May 3, 2007
  4. Steve Ray

    Frisbee® Guest

    "Steve Ray" <> wrote in message
    >> You may finish the 2000 track up untill early next year.

    > And can I then complete the conversation exam ?

    Would you then become a certified speaker?

    Frisbee®, May 3, 2007
  5. "Steve Ray" <> wrote in

    >> You may finish the 2000 track up untill early next year.

    > And can I then complete the conversation exam ?

    Both the upgrade exams from 2000 to 2003 and the standard 2000 exams
    will be retired at the same time. So get cranking, I believe the testes
    retire in April 2008. But that is based on what I've read here. You can
    find a better timeline on the MS web site I'm sure.

    Oh, and I tried talking to the girl running the front desk at the test
    center. She told me she wouldn't go out with me because she has a
    boyfriend. Thus I FAILED the "conversation" exam!

    Red Swingline Stapler, May 3, 2007
  6. Steve Ray

    Steve Ray Guest

    > Would you then become a certified speaker?

    Bugga... Bloody spell checkers !

    It should of course said Convertion exam

    Steve

    Steve Ray, May 3, 2007
  7. Steve Ray

    catwalker63 Guest

    Red Swingline Stapler piffled away vaguely:

    > Oh, and I tried talking to the girl running the front desk at the test
    > center. She told me she wouldn't go out with me because she has a
    > boyfriend. Thus I FAILED the "conversation" exam!

    TMML

    --

    Catwalker
    MCNGP #43

    catwalker63, May 3, 2007
  8. Steve Ray

    catwalker63 Guest

    Steve Ray piffled away vaguely:

    >> Would you then become a certified speaker?

    > Bugga... Bloody spell checkers !
    >
    > It should of course said Convertion exam

    Change that to conversion (or upgrade, that's easier). No need to
    capitalize it either. <eg>

    catwalker63, May 3, 2007
  9. Steve Ray

    Frisbee® Guest

    "catwalker63" <> wrote in message
    > Steve Ray piffled away vaguely:
    >

    >>> Would you then become a certified speaker?

    >> Bugga... Bloody spell checkers !
    >>
    >> It should of course said Convertion exam
    >>

    > Change that to conversion (or upgrade, that's easier). No need to
    > capitalize it either. <eg>

    You're conversing with a Brit, so it should perhaps be "capitalise."

    Frisbee®, May 3, 2007
  10. Steve Ray

    catwalker63 Guest

    Frisbee® piffled away vaguely:

    > "catwalker63" <> wrote in message
    >> Steve Ray piffled away vaguely:
    >> Change that to conversion (or upgrade, that's easier). No need to
    >> capitalize it either. <eg>

    > You're conversing with a Brit, so it should perhaps be "capitalise."

    Perhaps the Brits should learn to spell?

    Did I say that out loud?

    catwalker63, May 3, 2007
  11. Steve Ray

    JaR Guest

    Red Swingline Stapler <> wrote in

    > Oh, and I tried talking to the girl running the front desk at the test
    > center. She told me she wouldn't go out with me because she has a
    > boyfriend. Thus I FAILED the "conversation" exam!

    Bummer.

    --
    JaR
    Never a Dell moment

    JaR, May 3, 2007
  12. Steve Ray

    Cerebrus Guest

    On May 3, 8:18 pm, Red Swingline Stapler <> wrote:
    > So get cranking, I believe the testes
    > retire in April 2008.

    The testes will *never* retire ! Hear that ? NEVER !

    Cerebrus, May 4, 2007
  13. Cerebrus <> wrote in news:1178236071.103318.39430
    @n59g2000hsh.googlegroups.com:

    > On May 3, 8:18 pm, Red Swingline Stapler <> wrote:
    >> So get cranking, I believe the testes
    >> retire in April 2008.

    > The testes will *never* retire ! Hear that ? NEVER !

    I certainly hope not, but my grandpa might disagree... Coincidentally his
    testes expire April 2008 as well.

    Red Swingline Stapler, May 4, 2007
  14. Steve Ray

    Briscobar Guest

    "Red Swingline Stapler" <> wrote in message

    > I certainly hope not, but my grandpa might disagree... Coincidentally his
    > testes expire April 2008 as well.

    I want to know, but I don't at the same time...but when and why were you
    ever close enough to read the expiration date?

    Briscobar, May 4, 2007
  15. Steve Ray

    Frisbee® Guest

    "Briscobar" <> wrote in message

    > "Red Swingline Stapler" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> I certainly hope not, but my grandpa might disagree... Coincidentally his
    >> testes expire April 2008 as well.

    > I want to know, but I don't at the same time...but when and why were you
    > ever close enough to read the expiration date?

    And... was it a bar-code tatoo?

    Frisbee®, May 4, 2007
  16. As far as I know 292 ans 296 will also expire as upgrade options when the
    200 track expires.....But I will double check this information and get back
    to you.

    --
    ..rev

    accepting it"
    ~Aristotle
    ..

    The Rev [MCT], May 4, 2007
  17. Steve Ray

    catwalker63 Guest

    Frisbee® piffled away vaguely:

    > "Briscobar" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "Red Swingline Stapler" <> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> I certainly hope not, but my grandpa might disagree... Coincidentally his
    >>> testes expire April 2008 as well.

    >> I want to know, but I don't at the same time...but when and why were you
    >> ever close enough to read the expiration date?

    > And... was it a bar-code tatoo?

    Why? You trying to find out how to read yours? <eg>

    catwalker63, May 4, 2007
  18. Steve Ray

    Briscobar Guest

    >> And... was it a bar-code tatoo?
    >>

    > Why? You trying to find out how to read yours? <eg>

    I heard Red Swingline Stapler has a bar code scanner that works on the
    rounded-yet-misshapen, hairy, saggy surface that is old man ball.

    Briscobar, May 4, 2007
  19. "Briscobar" <> wrote in news:OzemAzojHHA.1220
    @TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl:

    > "catwalker63" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >>> And... was it a bar-code tatoo?
    >>>

    >> Why? You trying to find out how to read yours? <eg>

    > I heard Red Swingline Stapler has a bar code scanner that works on the
    > rounded-yet-misshapen, hairy, saggy surface that is old man ball.

    My grandfather is a Preist. Need I say more?

    Red Swingline Stapler, May 4, 2007
  20. Steve Ray

    John R Guest

    "Red Swingline Stapler" <> wrote in message

    > "Steve Ray" <> wrote in
    >
    >>> You may finish the 2000 track up untill early next year.

    >> And can I then complete the conversation exam ?
    >>

    > Both the upgrade exams from 2000 to 2003 and the standard 2000 exams
    > will be retired at the same time. So get cranking, I believe the testes
    > retire in April 2008. But that is based on what I've read here. You can
    > find a better timeline on the MS web site I'm sure.
    >
    > Oh, and I tried talking to the girl running the front desk at the test
    > center. She told me she wouldn't go out with me because she has a
    > boyfriend. Thus I FAILED the "conversation" exam!

    You aren't in that bad of shape actually. If I read it right, you have
    everything you need except the design exam. The design exams for 2000 will
    expire in 2008, however you can take 297 or 298 if you don't get one of the
    others in by then. Those two exams will be around for a while yet since
    they are based on 2003. And I believe (and someone here WILL correct me if
    I am wrong), even though the exams retire, the certs don't. As long as you
    can finish in your own good time by passing tests that are still active, you
    can still earn the certs.

    However,
    Red is correct in that the 292 and 296 exams will expire in April/2008. So,
    if you want to do the short path upgrade, you'll have to do these exams by
    then. All is not lost however. You will still be able to take 290 and 291
    (instead of 292) and/or 293 and 294 (instead of 296) and upgrade to MCSE
    2003 well into the future.

    John

    John R, May 5, 2007