    I plan to do an MCSD but am totally confused.Any
    advice will be of great help.
    thank u

    pallavi, Jul 28, 2003

  2. pallavi

    Tech Support Guest

    Pallavi,

    Few questiong and answers

    1) VC++ has always demand using MFC / ATL and now with .NET managed code.

    2) If you have web application background or want to go in that area then
    MCAD will be Quick and easy solution. Visual Studio 6.0 exams are going to
    retire next year so its better to start with .NET. As .NET is totally new
    you can start from scratch.

    3) Either go for MCAD in (C# or VB.NET) or MCSD.NET that will have more
    value to u and lots of chances to get jobs with great salary

    4) C++ skills never die. They are always used somewhere in the Developer's
    life.

    5) to start with use MSDN library and following link to get the exams study
    material

    http://www.codeclinic.com/certification.htm

    Thanks.

    Good luck

    Tech Support, Jul 28, 2003

  3. pallavi

    Lucas Guest

    1) It might
    2) No, IMO, I think you should sharpen up on your .NET
    skills and go for that. However, please do not just walk
    into the classroom with not even seeing the IDE. There
    are too many times that I have seen people walk into the
    classroom with no knowledge, and then blame the professor
    for not passing the exams. As you are probably aware, AS
    of June 30, 2004, the VC++ track will no longer be
    available.

    3) Again, IMO, Buy a book on C#, Windows or Web
    development, and go through it. Have fun, do the
    exercises, and see what you think. I have no other
    suggestions.

    Hope this helped

    Lucas, Jul 31, 2003
  4. pallavi

    John S Guest

    You have never worked on a 'great project' if you have never worked in the
    IT industry, so stop lying. There are too many cowboys out their already, so
    you need not apply.

    John S, Aug 3, 2003