    (netBIOS Name) from -IP ADDRESS- (UDP Port ****) What should I do? It means
    my firewall is working but I find it alarming that People are constantly
    trying to access my machine. What should I do?

    Adam, May 4, 2004

  2. Adam

    zz Guest

    Adam wrote:
    > Hi, I just got Zone Alarm 4.5 for Xp Home. Every so often it comes up and
    > says that "the firewall has blocked internet access to your computer
    > (netBIOS Name) from -IP ADDRESS- (UDP Port ****) What should I do? It means
    > my firewall is working but I find it alarming that People are constantly
    > trying to access my machine. What should I do?

    Since you have the Pro version you can see the Hacker ID and see where
    they are located and contact their ISP if you want to, they probably
    have an infected machine and do not know it. You will get tired of
    clueless people who allow their system to get infected so you will
    eventually give up on reporting them. I turn off the alerts and just
    look at the log now and then.

    g-w

    zz, May 4, 2004

  3. Adam wrote:

    >Hi, I just got Zone Alarm 4.5 for Xp Home. Every so often it comes up and
    >says that "the firewall has blocked internet access to your computer
    >(netBIOS Name) from -IP ADDRESS- (UDP Port ****) What should I do? It means
    >my firewall is working but I find it alarming that People are constantly
    >trying to access my machine. What should I do?

    Quit reading your logs.

    Micheal Robert Zium, May 4, 2004
  4. >It means
    >my firewall is working but I find it alarming that People are constantly
    >trying to access my machine. What should I do?

    Smile. Be happy. Turn off the alarms that disturb your serenity. They tell you
    nothing and only serve as self promoting propaganda for ZoneAlarm.
    ?subject=Techtalk (Do not alter!)
    http://lists.gpick.com

    \Crash\ Dummy, May 4, 2004
  5. Adam

    Billy K Guest

    I like that response... I tend to agree...

    Billy K, May 5, 2004
  6. In article <HsPlc.2964$>,
    says...
    > Hi, I just got Zone Alarm 4.5 for Xp Home. Every so often it comes up and
    > says that "the firewall has blocked internet access to your computer
    > (netBIOS Name) from -IP ADDRESS- (UDP Port ****) What should I do? It means
    > my firewall is working but I find it alarming that People are constantly
    > trying to access my machine. What should I do?

    As others have pointed out, shut off the alerts. Worms, viruses, subnet
    scans and loads of other things that will generate alerts are very
    prevalent on the net. There is no need to be concerned with them when
    you are taking the proper precautions to protect yourself. Worrying
    about what mailicious activity is getting blocked is a waste of time,
    worry about what isn't getting blocked and just make sure you stay up to
    date on patches, virus defs, etc. even though you have a firewall.

    /steve
    --
    Protect yourself on-line. Hide your identifying details in e-mail,
    usenet, and more. A privacy service like no other.

    Stephen K. Gielda, May 5, 2004