    From: Mail Delivery System <>
    To: pfjames@xxxxxxxxxxx
    Subject: Mail delivery failed: returning message to sender
    Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2004 01:45:49 -0700

    recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es)
    failed:

    no such address here

    --

    Peter James
    Change AT to @ and dot to . to reply
    Peter James, Apr 19, 2004

  2. Peter James

    kulm_nd Guest

    Just some spammer using your address in the FROM area, little you can do
    except warn your ISP someone used your address and it was not you. Most
    ISP's can read headers and know the spam was not from you and if you are
    lucky you get a couple dozen bounces and that is it. With one spam run I got
    over 1000 bounces over 2 days.

    g-w

    kulm_nd, Apr 19, 2004

  3. Peter James

    Peter James Guest

    On Mon, 19 Apr 2004 16:00:26 GMT, "kulm_nd" <> wrote:

    >Just some spammer using your address in the FROM area, little you can do
    >except warn your ISP someone used your address and it was not you. Most
    >ISP's can read headers and know the spam was not from you and if you are
    >lucky you get a couple dozen bounces and that is it. With one spam run I got
    >over 1000 bounces over 2 days.

    Thanks. I'll wait and see what happens next. I have advised my ISP.

    Peter James, Apr 19, 2004
  4. Peter James <> wrote in

    > On Mon, 19 Apr 2004 16:00:26 GMT, "kulm_nd" <> wrote:
    >
    >>Just some spammer using your address in the FROM area, little you can
    >>do except warn your ISP someone used your address and it was not you.
    >>Most ISP's can read headers and know the spam was not from you and if
    >>you are lucky you get a couple dozen bounces and that is it. With one
    >>spam run I got over 1000 bounces over 2 days.

    > Thanks. I'll wait and see what happens next. I have advised my ISP.

    not much anyone can do about it.. >;-(

    --
    Secure Lockdown
    CISSP, MCSE, Security+, Linux+