    internet connection.

    How can i share the internet connection, so that the other picks it up.

    Thanks

    J, Jul 31, 2004

  2. J

    °Mike° Guest

    °Mike°, Jul 31, 2004

  3. J

    Unk Guest

    On Sat, 31 Jul 2004 17:19:14 +0100, "J" <.> wrote:
    >I have 2 xp machines connected via NWLink, the one machine has a dsl
    >internet connection.
    >
    >How can i share the internet connection, so that the other picks it up.
    >
    >Thanks

    http://www.wown.com/
    http://www.practicallynetworked.com/
    http://www.carricksolutions.com/networking.htm
    http://www.performit.co.uk/network/
    http://smallnetbuilder.com/

    Step-by-Step - Networking for Dummies
    http://www.wown.info/j_helmig/guide.htm

    How-to: Simple 2 Computer Network wo/hub
    http://www.makeitsimple.com/how-to/simple.htm

    How to configure file sharing in Windows XP
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=304040

    The ideal way is to get a router/gateway like D-Link, Belkin, Netgear,
    Linksys, etc.
    Belkin & Netgear are available at any Staples outlet.) It provides a
    firewall on the WAN side to protect your shared files, it will allow you
    to share the internet connection, it will negotiate the PPPoE or other
    type of IP connection automatically (you don't need ANY connection
    software anymore), and doesn't cost much more than a good firewall.

    Unk, Jul 31, 2004
  4. J

    ProfGene Guest

    You would have to put the information that is related to the connection into
    the other computer like primary DNS etc whatever is required by the server
    to put into network connections in control panel.

    ProfGene, Aug 1, 2004
  5. ProfGene wrote:
    > You would have to put the information that is related to the
    > connection into the other computer like primary DNS etc whatever is
    > required by the server to put into network connections in control
    > panel.

    BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!

    Pririg the miasmic, Aug 1, 2004