    properties of clip. I have real player, quick time, divx, + windows media
    player. It won't play in any player apart from divx and then there is no
    sound....does anyone have any ideas?...thanks in advance

    Snowdog, Jun 30, 2003

  2. Snowdog

    NEMISIES Guest

    On Mon, 30 Jun 2003 01:33:38 +0100, "Snowdog"
    <> wrote:

    >I have a video clip (video compression - divxmpg4 v3)..thats what it says in
    >properties of clip. I have real player, quick time, divx, + windows media
    >player. It won't play in any player apart from divx and then there is no
    >sound....does anyone have any ideas?...thanks in advance

    U Just have to Find the Right CODEC

    NEMISIES, Jun 30, 2003

  3. Snowdog

    john Guest

    i had major problems playing .avi files on my system.
    eventually i came across:
    http://www.k-lite.tk

    Features:

    - BSplayer [version 0.86.494]
    - DivX Pro [version 5.0.5] [Encoding]
    - DivX Pro [version 5.0.5] [Decoding]
    - DivX ;) MPEG-4 Low and Fast motion [version 4.1.0.3927]
    - XviD [Koepi's build 03/May/2003] [Encoding]
    - XviD [Koepi's build 04/Oct/2002] [Decoding]
    - 3ivX [version 4.0.4]
    - Microsoft MPEG-4 (modified) [version: 4.1.0.3927 / 8.0.0.4487]
    - Windows Media 8 & 9
    - Cyberlink DVD decoder [version 4.0.0.2417]
    - Ligos MPEG-2 decoder [version 4.0.77]
    - huffyuv [version 2.1.1]
    - Ligos Indeo XP [version 5.2]
    - WMA Audio [version 8.0.0.4487]
    - AC3 Audio [version 0.68b]
    - Fraunhofer IIS MPEG Layer-3 DirectShow Decoder [version 1.9.0.311]
    - Fraunhofer IIS MPEG Layer-3 ACM Codec [version 1.9.0.305]
    - Fraunhofer IIS MPEG Layer-3 ACM Codec [version 1.2.0.63]
    - Ogg Vorbis DirectShow Filter [version 0.9.9.5]
    - Ogg Vorbis ACM [version 0.0.3.1]
    - TFM Audio Filter [version 1.0b8]
    - Morgan Multimedia Stream Switcher [version 0.9.7]
    - DirectVobSub [version 2.23]
    - DivX Anti-Freeze [version 0.4]
    - FourCC Code Changer
    - GSpot Codec Information Appliance [version 2.1]

    Notes:

    The TFM Audio Filter and the Morgan Multimedia Stream Switcher are not fully
    compatible. It is recommeded to not have both of them installed at the same
    time.

    Morgan Multimedia Stream Switcher can be used to switch between two audio
    streams in a video file that has two audio streams. These types of video
    file are not very common. BSplayer also has this functionality built-in. So
    if you use BSplayer, you don't need to install this.

    TFM Audio Filter can be used to amplify the sound of a video file. It also
    has an equalizer.

    after i installed, the problem cleared up.
    maybe it can help you.

    john, Jun 30, 2003