    pics, but didn't find an easy way to print them from Gimp. I do have MS
    Publisher, but it's a PITA to have to import & resize files every time.
    Thanks !

    Amamba, Nov 12, 2005

  2. On 12 Nov 2005 13:17:59 -0800, in rec.photo.digital "Amamba"
    <> wrote:

    >Hi,
    >
    >I am looking for a freeware that would allow me to select 3 files to
    >print, designate them as 4 x 6 prints, lay them out to fit on a 8.5 x
    >11 sheet, and control the amount of crop. Windows XP does the first two
    >but doesn't allow to control the amount of crop. I use Gimp to edit
    >pics, but didn't find an easy way to print them from Gimp. I do have MS
    >Publisher, but it's a PITA to have to import & resize files every time.
    >Thanks !

    Not free but Qimage and now Qimage Lite are great printing apps. I'm just a
    long tim satisfied Qimage user.
    http://www.ddisoftware.com/qimage
    --
    Ed Ruf Lifetime AMA# 344007 ()
    See images taken with my CP-990/5700 & D70 at

    Ed Ruf (REPLY to E-MAIL IN SIG!), Nov 12, 2005

  3. Amamba

    Bob Williams Guest

    Amamba wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > I am looking for a freeware that would allow me to select 3 files to
    > print, designate them as 4 x 6 prints, lay them out to fit on a 8.5 x
    > 11 sheet, and control the amount of crop. Windows XP does the first two
    > but doesn't allow to control the amount of crop. I use Gimp to edit
    > pics, but didn't find an easy way to print them from Gimp. I do have MS
    > Publisher, but it's a PITA to have to import & resize files every time.
    > Thanks !

    Try http://www.irfanview.com
    I've not used it myself but it is very popular with members of this NG.
    It is considered very powerful, so I suspect it can handle a basic task
    like you described.
    Bob Williams

    Bob Williams, Nov 13, 2005
  4. Amamba

    Marvin Guest

    Amamba wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I am looking for a freeware that would allow me to select 3 files to
    > print, designate them as 4 x 6 prints, lay them out to fit on a 8.5 x
    > 11 sheet, and control the amount of crop. Windows XP does the first two
    > but doesn't allow to control the amount of crop. I use Gimp to edit
    > pics, but didn't find an easy way to print them from Gimp. I do have MS
    > Publisher, but it's a PITA to have to import & resize files every time.
    > Thanks !

    Kodak Easy Share is free and does this job. Get it from kodak.com.

    Marvin, Nov 13, 2005
  5. Amamba

    Amamba Guest

    Thanks, I tried Kodak. However, it only allows (2) 4 x 6 pictures on a
    sheet of paper, and Win XP lets to fit (3).

    Amamba, Nov 14, 2005