    am terrified that he is framing me in some way as we are also fighting
    for custody of my two girls. Please can somebody help?

    , Mar 3, 2007

  2. thanatoid Guest

    wrote in
    news::

    > Am involved in a difficult separation, and I am worried
    > that my laptop has been tampered with, and is no longer
    > secure. I have found strange hidden shortcuts to drive C on
    > on a limited account that isn't passworded, as well as many
    > other queries, How do I find out whats been done? My ex
    > also sent me an email that when opened was an internet site
    > ...page cannot be displayed..but it had my documents and
    > settings pc name in the long internet address, what does
    > this mean? I am terrified that he is framing me in some way
    > as we are also fighting for custody of my two girls. Please
    > can somebody help?

    You need a lawyer who can recommend a computer expert who has
    worked on this kind of sabotage before. There is a large variety
    of nasty things that can theoretically be done, so I would
    tackle this ASAP. It is quite possible that he is just using
    some simple tricks to scare the crap out of you, but it is also
    possible he IS up to something serious. Good luck.

    thanatoid, Mar 3, 2007

  3. In news:,
    <> after much
    thought,came up with this jewel:
    > Am involved in a difficult separation, and I am worried that my laptop
    > has been tampered with, and is no longer secure. I have found strange
    > hidden shortcuts to drive C on on a limited account that isn't
    > passworded, as well as many other queries, How do I find out whats
    > been done? My ex also sent me an email that when opened was an
    > internet site ...page cannot be displayed..but it had my documents and
    > settings pc name in the long internet address, what does this mean? I
    > am terrified that he is framing me in some way as we are also fighting
    > for custody of my two girls. Please can somebody help?

    Copy any documents you want to keep on a USB pen drive. Find your
    install disks that came with your laptop. Format and do a clean install.
    Keep ex away. :) Use passworded logon. Get a new e-mail account.
    good luck

    max
    --
    Playing Nice on Usenet:
    My Pages:

    What's in a Name?, Mar 3, 2007
  4. On Sat, 03 Mar 2007 06:33:22 +0000, What's in a Name? wrote:

    > Copy any documents you want to keep on a USB pen drive. Find your
    > install disks that came with your laptop. Format and do a clean install.
    > Keep ex away. :) Use passworded logon. Get a new e-mail account.
    > good luck

    Also use a firewall
    http://www.simtel.net/product.download.mirrors.php?id=53687

    , an antivirus
    program

    http://free.grisoft.com/freeweb.php/doc/2/

    and a spyware program.
    http://www.download.com/HijackThis/3000-8022_4-10379544.html?tag=lst-3-3

    You could
    also try installing ubuntu linux http://ubuntu.com or for an older
    computer xubuntu http://xubuntu.org.

    --
    Brian (not wanting to be a messiah): "You are all individuals..."
    Crowd (in unison): "We are all individuals..."

    noalternative, Mar 3, 2007
  5. philo Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > Am involved in a difficult separation, and I am worried that my laptop
    > has been tampered with, and is no longer secure. I have found strange
    > hidden shortcuts to drive C on on a limited account that isn't
    > passworded, as well as many other queries, How do I find out whats
    > been done? My ex also sent me an email that when opened was an
    > internet site ...page cannot be displayed..but it had my documents and
    > settings pc name in the long internet address, what does this mean? I
    > am terrified that he is framing me in some way as we are also fighting
    > for custody of my two girls. Please can somebody help?

    You need to get to the real root of the problem and convince him that the
    two of you must do *nothing* to
    jeopardize the well being of your children.
    Unless the guy as a pervert or dangerous...it is best to work out some sort
    of joint-custody agreement.

    It normally takes about 6 months after a separation for the both of you to
    think clearly.

    If, the guy cannot remain rational...
    then you are going to have to find the best lawyer/barrister you can
    possibly hire.

    Should the two of you...on your own...eventually work out an agreement...
    a fortune in legal expenses can be spared!

    philo, Mar 3, 2007
  6. Frosty Guest

    On 2 Mar 2007 21:28:07 -0800 in 24hoursupport.helpdesk
    , intended to write something intelligible,
    but instead wrote :

    >Am involved in a difficult separation, and I am worried that my laptop
    >has been tampered with, and is no longer secure. I have found strange
    >hidden shortcuts to drive C on on a limited account that isn't
    >passworded, as well as many other queries, How do I find out whats
    >been done? My ex also sent me an email that when opened was an
    >internet site ...page cannot be displayed..but it had my documents and
    >settings pc name in the long internet address, what does this mean?

    Is this the link?
    file://C:/

    Frosty, Mar 3, 2007
  7. Guest

    wrote:

    >Am involved in a difficult separation, and I am worried that my laptop
    >has been tampered with, and is no longer secure. I have found strange
    >hidden shortcuts to drive C on on a limited account that isn't
    >passworded, as well as many other queries, How do I find out whats
    >been done? My ex also sent me an email that when opened was an
    >internet site ...page cannot be displayed..but it had my documents and
    >settings pc name in the long internet address, what does this mean? I
    >am terrified that he is framing me in some way as we are also fighting
    >for custody of my two girls. Please can somebody help?

    You need to start encrypting your stuff, Docs, text or any
    communications. (old and new)
    GnuPG has been suggested as a secure free option
    http://www.gnupg.org/download/

    Read the docs listed on the left of the link.

    Use TCPview
    http://www.microsoft.com/technet/sysinternals/utilities/TcpView.mspx
    for anything outhgoing that shouldn't be (key logger)

    Change and use a BIOS password and a Windows Password.

    --
    The Logical Song
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=eqwli6-RRf4

    , Mar 3, 2007
  8. Guest

    , Mar 3, 2007
  9. Guest

    On Mar 3, 6:33 am, "What's in a Name?" <>
    wrote:
    > Innews:,
    > <> after much
    > thought,came up with this jewel:
    >
    > > Am involved in a difficult separation, and I am worried that my laptop
    > > has been tampered with, and is no longer secure. I have found strange
    > > hidden shortcuts to drive C on on a limited account that isn't
    > > passworded, as well as many other queries, How do I find out whats
    > > been done? My ex also sent me an email that when opened was an
    > > internet site ...page cannot be displayed..but it had my documents and
    > > settings pc name in the long internet address, what does this mean? I
    > > am terrified that he is framing me in some way as we are also fighting
    > > for custody of my two girls. Please can somebody help?

    > Copy any documents you want to keep on a USB pen drive. Find your
    > install disks that came with your laptop. Format and do a clean install.
    > Keep ex away. :) Use passworded logon. Get a new e-mail account.
    > good luck
    >
    > max
    > --
    > Playing Nice on Usenet:http://oakroadsystems.com/genl/unice.htm#xpost
    > My Pages:
    > Virus Removal Instructionshttp://home.neo.rr.com/manna4u/
    > Keeping Windows Cleanhttp://home.neo.rr.com/manna4u/keepingclean.html
    > Windows Help and Toolshttp://home.neo.rr.com/manna4u/tools.html
    > Change nomail.afraid.org to gmail.com to reply.
    > nomail.afraid.org is setup specifically for use in USENET
    > Feel free to use it yourself.

    Thanks, it was my first thought and have started saving all files
    already, but I need some answers before I delete all info and if I am
    a target I might inadvertantly delete the only info that could clear
    me.
    information that could indicate the PC was accessed by another.

    , Mar 5, 2007
  10. Guest

    On Mar 3, 6:13 pm, Frosty < > wrote:
    > On 2 Mar 2007 21:28:07 -0800 in 24hoursupport.helpdesk
    > , intended to write something intelligible,
    > but instead wrote :
    >
    > >Am involved in a difficult separation, and I am worried that my laptop
    > >has been tampered with, and is no longer secure. I have found strange
    > >hidden shortcuts to drive C on on a limited account that isn't
    > >passworded, as well as many other queries, How do I find out whats
    > >been done? My ex also sent me an email that when opened was an
    > >internet site ...page cannot be displayed..but it had my documents and
    > >settings pc name in the long internet address, what does this mean?

    > Is this the link?
    > file://C:/

    > >am terrified that he is framing me in some way as we are also fighting
    > >for custody of my two girls. Please can somebody help?- Hide quoted text -

    C:/docs.&sett/myname/desktop/mydocs/temp intfiles/content/
    IE5/4PAVODEF/, I just rechecked it and the last letters are diff or I
    am far too tired they now read TANWT23/.mht This is greek to me, I
    found in he windows media player options settings allow download video
    streaming in the background. and the saved file directory is
    Transcoded files cache. but I cannot open any of them.Does this make
    any sense to you?

    , Mar 5, 2007
  11. Frosty Guest

    On 4 Mar 2007 16:46:54 -0800 in 24hoursupport.helpdesk
    but instead wrote :

    >On Mar 3, 6:13 pm, Frosty < > wrote:
    >> On 2 Mar 2007 21:28:07 -0800 in 24hoursupport.helpdesk
    >> , intended to write something intelligible,
    >> but instead wrote :
    >>
    >> >Am involved in a difficult separation, and I am worried that my laptop
    >> >has been tampered with, and is no longer secure. I have found strange
    >> >hidden shortcuts to drive C on on a limited account that isn't
    >> >passworded, as well as many other queries, How do I find out whats
    >> >been done? My ex also sent me an email that when opened was an
    >> >internet site ...page cannot be displayed..but it had my documents and
    >> >settings pc name in the long internet address, what does this mean?

    >> Is this the link?
    >> file://C:/

    >> >am terrified that he is framing me in some way as we are also fighting
    >> >for custody of my two girls. Please can somebody help?- Hide quoted text -

    >C:/docs.&sett/myname/desktop/mydocs/temp intfiles/content/
    >IE5/4PAVODEF/, I just rechecked it and the last letters are diff or I
    >am far too tired they now read TANWT23/.mht This is greek to me, I
    >found in he windows media player options settings allow download video
    >streaming in the background. and the saved file directory is
    >Transcoded files cache. but I cannot open any of them.Does this make
    >any sense to you?

    Not to me, but that's not sayin' much...
    Maybe someone smart will chime in.
    You REALLY need a lawyer like someone else suggested.

    Frosty, Mar 5, 2007