    Googling has come up with nothing: has anyone come across this?
    TIA for any info
    -P
    Pleb Plebian, Aug 22, 2005

  2. Pleb Plebian

    Mike Dee Guest

    "Pleb Plebian" <> wrote in
    news:1124691250.43030@ftpsrv1:

    > 3-6 months ago, I came across an app that allowed an XP machine to
    > use another PC as an 'extension' 2nd monitor -like this
    > http://www.maxivista.com/how.htm
    > ...but freeware.
    > Of course, not having an XP machine @ work at the time, I lost the
    > link! :-( Googling has come up with nothing: has anyone come
    > across this? TIA for any info

    If you don't have much luck, try asking at <alt.comp.freeware> often
    people will locate the hardest to find freeware in there.

    --
    dee
    Mike Dee, Aug 22, 2005

  3. Pleb Plebian

    Pleb Plebian Guest

    "Mike Dee" <> wrote in message
    > "Pleb Plebian" <> wrote in
    >
    > > 3-6 months ago, I came across an app that allowed an XP machine to
    > > use another PC as an 'extension' 2nd monitor -like this
    > > http://www.maxivista.com/how.htm
    > > ...but freeware.
    > > Of course, not having an XP machine @ work at the time, I lost the
    > > link! :-( Googling has come up with nothing: has anyone come
    > > across this? TIA for any info

    > If you don't have much luck, try asking at <alt.comp.freeware> often
    > people will locate the hardest to find freeware in there.
    >
    > --
    > dee

    Brilliant! Will give that a shot, thanks, Mike :)
    (I'm an idiot-should have tried there without prompting..)
    Pleb Plebian, Aug 23, 2005
  4. Pleb Plebian

    Gordon Guest

    > > If you don't have much luck, try asking at <alt.comp.freeware> often
    > > people will locate the hardest to find freeware in there.

    I looked around as well at first but there seems to be no free
    alternative. Anyway, MaxiVista is really cool and its well worth the
    few bucks.

    Gordon
    Gordon, Aug 24, 2005
  5. Pleb Plebian

    Mike Dee Guest

    "Gordon" <> wrote in

    >> > If you don't have much luck, try asking at <alt.comp.freeware>
    >> > often people will locate the hardest to find freeware in there.

    > I looked around as well at first but there seems to be no free
    > alternative. Anyway, MaxiVista is really cool and its well worth
    > the few bucks.

    The only thing I came across was win2vnc
    <http://sourceforge.net/projects/win2vnc/>
    but is prolly not quite what the OP was after.

    --
    dee
    Mike Dee, Aug 25, 2005