    considerable space and every time I try to do something with it Windows
    Explorer gets stuck giving my message that the file is used by another
    program or person (at the same time I make sure nothing's running)?
    ALEVTINA NIKOLAHHINA, Jul 4, 2005

  2. ALEVTINA NIKOLAHHINA

    Toolman Tim Guest

    "ALEVTINA NIKOLAHHINA" <> wrote in message
    > After downloading the file, it is no use for me any more, it takes
    > considerable space and every time I try to do something with it Windows
    > Explorer gets stuck giving my message that the file is used by another
    > program or person (at the same time I make sure nothing's running)?

    Reboot in safe mode, delete file, restart.

    (Safe mode is achieved by press F8 after the BIOS flash screens, before
    Windows actually starts. Timing is critical - so keep banging away over and
    over again at that F8 key when you reboot. Then you should get a boot menu,
    select Safe Mode.)
    Toolman Tim, Jul 4, 2005

  3. Reinstallation of the operating system on a regular basis,in my experience,
    keeps your hard drive in a clean, lean condition.
    That would in your case be a guaranteed solution to your problem.If you wish
    to be talked through this process then I am able for a limited period to
    offer one to one online support.
    HTH

    nevillenevilleson, Jul 4, 2005
  4. ALEVTINA NIKOLAHHINA

    Toolman Tim Guest

    Alevtina, please ignore that clown.

    Neville, keep your silliness in your own threads. Or in your pants.
    Whichever is most appropriate.

    Toolman Tim, Jul 4, 2005
  5. ALEVTINA NIKOLAHHINA

    old jon Guest

    Neville, you couldn`t help a duck paddle across a pond. <g>.

    old jon, Jul 4, 2005
  6. ALEVTINA NIKOLAHHINA

    Toolman Tim Guest

    No, using a shotgun for propulsion assistance is ***NOT*** helpful. Quack!

    Toolman Tim, Jul 4, 2005
  7. As you can see from my thread below, my advice is not only concise and

    nevillenevilleson, Jul 4, 2005
  8. ALEVTINA NIKOLAHHINA

    old jon Guest

    "Toolman Tim" <> wrote in message
    > No, using a shotgun for propulsion assistance is ***NOT*** helpful. Quack!

    Sniggers quietly to self. <g>

    old jon, Jul 4, 2005
  9. Thanks, I did that unfortunatly the same story all over again!!!

    ALEVTINA NIKOLAHHINA, Jul 4, 2005
  10. I think this proves my point.
    Another instance of bad advice on this newsgroup.
    Hang your head in shame Tim.

    nevillenevilleson, Jul 4, 2005
  11. ALEVTINA NIKOLAHHINA

    Toolman Tim Guest

    Okay - despite Neville's attempts at humor and/or expecting myself to feel
    humiliated <grin> that was only the first thing I'd try. Check into this:

    http://www.softwarepatch.com/tips/howto-delete-xp.html

    Lots of tips for deleting files that are stuck.

    Toolman Tim, Jul 4, 2005
  12. Bravo TIM!
    That program did the trick on the reboot.
    U really made my day, thanks!
    ________________________

    Alena NiceGirl, Jul 4, 2005
  13. ALEVTINA NIKOLAHHINA

    Toolman Tim Guest

    Glad I could help - it's realy quite a common issue. One other thing,
    though, and I'm sorry I didn't bring it up sooner...you should change your
    email for Usenet:

    Email Address Munging
    WHY: http://www.private.org.il/harvest.html
    HOW: http://members.aol.com/emailfaq/mungfaq.html
    MORE: http://www.faqs.org/faqs/net-abuse-faq/spam-faq/
    I'd suggest you add a ".invalid" to the end of your new fake email address
    where it's listed in your account settings. In Outlook Express, click on
    Tools, Accounts, then the News Tab. Select your news server, then click on
    Properties. On the General tab, go to the Email address and add the .invalid
    at the end of the address.

    Toolman Tim, Jul 4, 2005
  14. ALEVTINA NIKOLAHHINA

    Guest

    maybe you have installed in your boot disk drive (in the caché level)
    the pagefile.sys taht you can don delete. It is very difficult to
    delete. i had the same problem. maybe you have to utilize de diskpart
    file (to delete the partition in windows 2000/20003 and the problem
    dissapear. If the problem persist..., you maybe need more ram memory
    installed in your computer. If the problem persist meybe you had to
    reset the bios chip in the motherboard and reprograming it. More
    information in www.phoenix.com

    miguel angel
    , Jul 4, 2005
  15. ALEVTINA NIKOLAHHINA

    Guest

    "Alena NiceGirl" <> wrote:

    |>Bravo TIM!
    |>That program did the trick on the reboot.
    |>U really made my day, thanks!

    <self> look's over at nevillenevilleson, Smirks.

    --
    On Thursday, the BOC Ech2o will be put to the test
    in a bid to smash the world fuel efficiency record of
  16. ALEVTINA NIKOLAHHINA

    Toolman Tim Guest

    It's a good thing I don't take him seriously <grin>

    Toolman Tim, Jul 4, 2005
  17. ALEVTINA NIKOLAHHINA

    Plato Guest

    http://www.bootdisk.com/xptop20.htm#8