    black and white, but the rolling stopped... unlike on my t.v.
    if i buy a dvd player like the cyberhome 300, will it stop both the
    black and white picture and the rolling effect on my t.v.?

    userabuser333, May 31, 2004

  2. userabuser333

    Haans Guest

    "userabuser333" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > ok, i'm dumb.
    > i was using a pioneer dv-353.
    > obviously this dvd is pal formatted.
    > ok, i tried hooking it up to my friends t.v. and it still came in
    > black and white, but the rolling stopped... unlike on my t.v.
    > if i buy a dvd player like the cyberhome 300, will it stop both the
    > black and white picture and the rolling effect on my t.v.?

    Did you check for a PAL-NTSC switch on the back of your Pioneer? If it's
    there, make sure it's set to NTSC.

    Haans, May 31, 2004

  3. "Haans" <> wrote in message news:<40bb73a2$>...
    > "userabuser333" <> wrote in message
    > > ok, i'm dumb.
    > > i was using a pioneer dv-353.
    > > obviously this dvd is pal formatted.
    > > ok, i tried hooking it up to my friends t.v. and it still came in
    > > black and white, but the rolling stopped... unlike on my t.v.
    > > if i buy a dvd player like the cyberhome 300, will it stop both the
    > > black and white picture and the rolling effect on my t.v.?

    > Did you check for a PAL-NTSC switch on the back of your Pioneer? If it's
    > there, make sure it's set to NTSC.

    no, there is no switch on this model dvd player (or at least i haven't
    found one). if there was, wouldn't i want to set it to the pal setting
    since i believe it is a pal dvd?

    i thought it was strange when i hooked it up to my friends t.v. and
    the rolling stopped. will purchasing a pal dvd player then hooking it
    up to my t.v. make the rolling stop as well as give me a color
    picture? i've heard that some t.v.'s require some sort of an adapter.
    how much would one of these adapters cost? i've heard that dvd players
    like the cyberhome 300 have a built-in adapter and should readily play
    whatever dvd on any american t.v., is that true?

    thanks for the help here people!

    p.s. i have more than one of these dvd's, something like a dozen
    actually. they all say "all regions" on them.

    userabuser333, Jun 1, 2004
  4. userabuser333

    Oldus Fartus Guest

    > > "userabuser333" <> wrote in message
    > > > ok, i'm dumb.
    > > > i was using a pioneer dv-353.
    > > > obviously this dvd is pal formatted.
    > > > ok, i tried hooking it up to my friends t.v. and it still came in
    > > > black and white, but the rolling stopped... unlike on my t.v.
    > > > if i buy a dvd player like the cyberhome 300, will it stop both the
    > > > black and white picture and the rolling effect on my t.v.?

    > > Did you check for a PAL-NTSC switch on the back of your Pioneer? If it's
    > > there, make sure it's set to NTSC.

    > no, there is no switch on this model dvd player (or at least i haven't
    > found one). if there was, wouldn't i want to set it to the pal setting
    > since i believe it is a pal dvd?

    It sounds like your DVD player is outputting a PAL signal, and your TV is
    NTSC only. Try the advice and see if you can set the output to NTSC or
    AUTO via the menus.

    > i thought it was strange when i hooked it up to my friends t.v. and
    > the rolling stopped. will purchasing a pal dvd player then hooking it
    > up to my t.v. make the rolling stop as well as give me a color
    > picture? i've heard that some t.v.'s require some sort of an adapter.
    > how much would one of these adapters cost? i've heard that dvd players
    > like the cyberhome 300 have a built-in adapter and should readily play
    > whatever dvd on any american t.v., is that true?

    I am fairly confident the problem lies in your TV, not your DVD player.

    I> p.s. i have more than one of these dvd's, something like a dozen
    > actually. they all say "all regions" on them.

    Oh dear. Buying bootlegs are we?

    --
    Cheers
    Oldus Fartus

    Oldus Fartus, Jun 1, 2004
  5. "Oldus Fartus" <> wrote in message news:<40bbd3c5$0$8126$>...
    > "userabuser333" <> wrote in message
    > > "Haans" <> wrote in message

    > > > "userabuser333" <> wrote in message
    > > >
    > > > Did you check for a PAL-NTSC switch on the back of your Pioneer? If it's
    > > > there, make sure it's set to NTSC.

    > > no, there is no switch on this model dvd player (or at least i haven't
    > > found one). if there was, wouldn't i want to set it to the pal setting
    > > since i believe it is a pal dvd?
    > >

    > It sounds like your DVD player is outputting a PAL signal, and your TV is
    > NTSC only. Try the advice and see if you can set the output to NTSC or
    > AUTO via the menus.
    >
    > > i thought it was strange when i hooked it up to my friends t.v. and
    > > the rolling stopped. will purchasing a pal dvd player then hooking it
    > > up to my t.v. make the rolling stop as well as give me a color
    > > picture? i've heard that some t.v.'s require some sort of an adapter.
    > > how much would one of these adapters cost? i've heard that dvd players
    > > like the cyberhome 300 have a built-in adapter and should readily play
    > > whatever dvd on any american t.v., is that true?
    > >

    > I am fairly confident the problem lies in your TV, not your DVD player.
    >
    > I> p.s. i have more than one of these dvd's, something like a dozen
    > > actually. they all say "all regions" on them.

    > Oh dear. Buying bootlegs are we?

    actually, it's my ntsc dvd's that are bootleg. this dvd i bought online retail.

    userabuser333, Jun 2, 2004