    except number 1.

    Any idea?

    Thank you!

    BarrySDCA, Jan 20, 2005

  2. BarrySDCA

    BarrySDCA Guest

    I should add that no matter what I do, I can't get any other VLAN
    except 1 to come online. It always says it's down.
    3550 with EMI.

    thank you

    BarrySDCA, Jan 20, 2005

  3. BarrySDCA

    Guest

    Have you created them in vlan database

    vlan database
    vlan 16

    or
    config t
    vlan 16

    BarrySDCA wrote:
    > I should add that no matter what I do, I can't get any other VLAN
    > except 1 to come online. It always says it's down.
    > 3550 with EMI.
    >
    > thank you

    , Jan 20, 2005
  4. BarrySDCA

    BarrySDCA Guest

    I'm using the http interface to set it up. Should I do it manually
    through the console?

    BarrySDCA, Jan 20, 2005
  5. BarrySDCA

    BarrySDCA Guest

    vlan
    show

    VLAN ISL Id: 1
    Name: default
    Media Type: Ethernet
    VLAN 802.10 Id: 100001
    State: Operational
    MTU: 1500
    Backup CRF Mode: Disabled
    Remote SPAN VLAN: No

    VLAN ISL Id: 2
    Name: 10-11-11-0
    Media Type: Ethernet
    VLAN 802.10 Id: 100002
    State: Operational
    MTU: 1500
    Backup CRF Mode: Disabled
    Remote SPAN VLAN: No

    BarrySDCA, Jan 20, 2005
  6. BarrySDCA

    Ivan Ostreš Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    > I should add that no matter what I do, I can't get any other VLAN
    > except 1 to come online. It always says it's down.
    > 3550 with EMI

    If you've created VLAN's right and added ports to all VLANs, you would
    need at least one active (up,up) port in each VLAN to get SVI's to be
    up,up.

    --
    -Ivan.

    Ivan Ostreš, Jan 20, 2005
  7. BarrySDCA

    BarrySDCA Guest

    As far as I can tell, I have the VLAN configured properly. But it
    keeps shutting down, which is why it's not working for me. here is
    what I get:

    Line protocol on Interface Vlan2, changed state to down
    Line protocol changd state to down? hu?

    Thank you,

    BarrySDCA, Jan 22, 2005
  9. BarrySDCA

    Steinar Haug Guest

    ["BarrySDCA"]

    | As far as I can tell, I have the VLAN configured properly. But it
    | keeps shutting down, which is why it's not working for me. here is
    | what I get:
    |
    | Line protocol on Interface Vlan2, changed state to down
    | Line protocol changd state to down? hu?

    This normally happens if you have no ports which are members of this
    VLAN.

    Post your configuration, and we might be able to help.

    Steinar Haug, Nethelp consulting,

    Steinar Haug, Jan 22, 2005