help please: audio synch problems

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Eric, Feb 22, 2006.

  1. Eric

    Eric Guest

    Hi,
    Can anyone please help. I have a number of video - mosly mpeg and a few avi
    files. The play fine on my PC in perfect audio synch. However when I
    concvert them to DVD and burn them the audio goes out of synch especially
    nearer the end of the movie.
    Some conversion tools I have tried:
    dvdsants
    winavi
    avs converter
    imtoo
    winmpg
    tmpg
    Can anyone please help with how to fix it?
    Also, the problem does not appear consistent as some downloaded files work
    fine.
    I have seen a number of guides on this issue(doom9 & videohelp) but my
    problem seems slightly unusual as the files play perfectly on my desktop.
    can anyone recommend a better progam to covert the files to dvd?
    thanking you in advance
    regards.

    Eric, Feb 22, 2006

  2. Eric

    Bratboy Guest

    "Eric" <> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    > Can anyone please help. I have a number of video - mosly mpeg and a few
    > avi files. The play fine on my PC in perfect audio synch. However when I
    > concvert them to DVD and burn them the audio goes out of synch especially
    > nearer the end of the movie.
    > Some conversion tools I have tried:
    > dvdsants
    > winavi
    > avs converter
    > imtoo
    > winmpg
    > tmpg
    > Can anyone please help with how to fix it?
    > Also, the problem does not appear consistent as some downloaded files work
    > fine.
    > I have seen a number of guides on this issue(doom9 & videohelp) but my
    > problem seems slightly unusual as the files play perfectly on my desktop.
    > can anyone recommend a better progam to covert the files to dvd?
    > thanking you in advance
    > regards.

    I've had a few Xvids do what your talking about, usually from Pal sources
    using NVE. Anyway how I got it fixed was to first use Xilsofts Video
    Converter to change just the frame rate to 29.9 on the Xvid's and then DVD's
    made from the converted files stayed in perfect sync. May be easier ways or
    apps but thats what worked for me

    Bratboy, Feb 22, 2006

  3. Eric

    ivan Guest

    you should choose the right frame rate
    maybe you can try DVDSanta,It supports many formats including AVI, WMV,
    MPG, ASF, RealVideo,you can convert your files to DVD with DVDSanta
    i hope it is useful to you :)

    ivan, Feb 23, 2006
  4. Eric

    hanaku

    Joined:
    Mar 22, 2007
    Messages:
    10
    If you use imtoo software, you could sovle this problem by setting the 'Video/Audio Bit rate'
    You can try it, I have had in the same trouble before I send letter to imtoo support

    hanaku, Mar 30, 2007