Help-Playback Problems

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Kevin Renn, Feb 24, 2006.

  1. Kevin Renn

    Kevin Renn Guest

    I apologize if this is off topic, but I don't know where else to ask. I've
    been googleing quite a bit with no luck.

    I'm having problems playing back about 2/3 of the video files I have on my
    computer. Video's I captured, video's that I've been emailed, view on web
    pages and more. MPG, WMV, AVI, some of each of these files are affected
    but some I can play normally.

    When I play them, the picture is divided in to 4 or 5 rectangular boxes
    with vertical lines separating the boxes. Each picture is a distorted
    portion of the video (At one time I could play these files fine). The
    audio is fine.

    I've tried to take screen shots so I can show what I'm talking about, but
    the picture comes up blank (ALT-PRTSCR). I could use a digital camera and
    take a picture if someone wants to see what it looks like.

    Any idea how to fix this or troubleshoot this issue? If there is a more
    appropriate newsgroup, please let me know.

    Thanks in advance,
    Kevin

    Kevin Renn, Feb 24, 2006

  2. Kevin Renn

    Kevin Renn Guest

    Kevin Renn, Feb 24, 2006

  3. Kevin Renn

    Stan Brown Guest

    Fri, 24 Feb 2006 05:52:59 -0600 from Kevin Renn
    <>:
    > I apologize if this is off topic, but I don't know where else to ask. I've
    > been googleing quite a bit with no luck.
    >
    > I'm having problems playing back about 2/3 of the video files I have on my
    > computer.

    Sorry, but our crystal balls are in the shop. Since you didn't tell
    us your player software and version, or even your operating system,
    it's impossible to direct you to the right newsgroup.

    "How to Ask Questions the Smart Way"

    http://OakRoadSystems.com/

    Stan Brown, Feb 24, 2006
  4. Kevin Renn

    Kevin Renn Guest

    Windows Media Player 10.0 as well as DIVX 6.1.1 both with same results.
    on Windows XP Professional.

    Kevin Renn, Feb 24, 2006
  5. Kevin Renn

    Kevin Renn Guest

    I looks like I fixed it. My video card (Asus ATI AX850Pro extreme) uses a
    Splendid Video Enhancement Technology to "enhance" videos. I got the
    latest drivers and the problem went away.

    Thank you for your help.

    Kevin

    Kevin Renn, Feb 24, 2006
  6. Kevin Renn

    Stan Brown Guest

    Fri, 24 Feb 2006 08:46:18 -0600 from Kevin Renn
    <>:
    > I looks like I fixed it. My video card (Asus ATI AX850Pro extreme) uses a
    > Splendid Video Enhancement Technology to "enhance" videos. I got the
    > latest drivers and the problem went away.
    >
    > Thank you for your help.

    Such as it was. :)

    Thanks for letting us know the fix. When the next person with a
    similar problem searches the archives, she'll find the solution.

    http://OakRoadSystems.com/

    Stan Brown, Feb 24, 2006