Help on Windows Live Mail Problem.......

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Bigbazza, Feb 21, 2010.

  1. Bigbazza

    Bigbazza Guest

    I tried sending this post a couple of weeks back and it just 'disappeared'
    and not show up!..... Later, this message 'popped up' and still keeps
    popping up every time I turn on 'Windows Mail' as I only use Windows Mail
    for reading my newsgroups on....... I know that the old OE newsreader was a
    crappy newsreader, but after I had been using OE for the first couple of
    years of my Newsgroup's use, I got used to it..... And since then, Windows
    Live, followed on by Windows Live Mail has come with the latest versions of
    Windows....At present I use Windows 7 Professional I think..... I have tried
    to use a couple more newsreaders like for instance, Thunderbird, and can't
    seem to like it as it is so different from what I am used to....

    But now, I have this annoying problem with this old unsent Email keep
    popping up!......

    It does say that my System time/date were out, but they weren't when I
    checked them...... Does anyone have an answer to fix this problem?..... I do
    have one more problem that I can't solve, but will ask that later!.... Many
    thanks to the person who can assist with this.....

    This notice below is what always appears!!

    Unable to send or receive messages for the News.individual.de account.
    Windows Live Mail could not post your message.

    Subject 'Re: The title " Virgin Mary " is not found in Holy Scripture...
    calling her that is simply goddess worship...'
    Server Error: 441
    Server Response: 441 437 YOUR SYSTEM DATE IS WRONG! Too old -- "Sun, 7 Feb
    2010 17:26:08 +1100"
    Server: 'News.individual.de'
    Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCCA9
    Protocol: NNTP
    Port: 119
    Secure(SSL): No

    --
    Bigbazza (Barry) Oz

    "Happiness is never an accident. It is the prize we get when we choose
    wisely from life's great stores"

    Bigbazza, Feb 21, 2010

  2. Bigbazza

    Mike Easter Guest

    Bigbazza wrote:
    > I tried sending this post a couple of weeks back and it just
    > 'disappeared' and not show up!.....

    It is in your outbox and is causing trouble there. You should go into
    the outbox and delete it. If you still want to post the same message
    which is likely no longer timely at this late date, you should create a
    new message.

    > Later, this message 'popped up' and
    > still keeps popping up every time I turn on 'Windows Mail' as I only use
    > Windows Mail for reading my newsgroups on.......

    The error message is caused by the message in your outbox trying to go
    out and it is not acceptable because the date on the message is outawhack.

    <snip OE mini-rant>

    windowsmail WM and windowslivemail WLM are pretty similar to OE.

    > But now, I have this annoying problem with this old unsent Email keep
    > popping up!......

    Not email. news.individual.de is a newsserver answering on port 119.
    The one I use is news.individual.net. They have different IP addresses,
    130.133.4.10 and .11.

    > It does say that my System time/date were out, but they weren't when I
    > checked them......

    The time/date problem refers to the date stamp on the old message that
    is still in your outbox, not to your computers clock.

    > Does anyone have an answer to fix this problem?.....

    Go to your outbox and delete the offending message.

    --
    Mike Easter

    Mike Easter, Feb 21, 2010

  3. Bigbazza

    VanguardLH Guest

    Bigbazza wrote:

    > I tried sending this post a couple of weeks back and it just 'disappeared'
    > and not show up!..... Later, this message 'popped up' and still keeps
    > popping up every time I turn on 'Windows Mail' as I only use Windows Mail
    > for reading my newsgroups on....... I know that the old OE newsreader was
    > a crappy newsreader, but after I had been using OE for the first couple
    > of years of my Newsgroup's use, I got used to it..... And since then,
    > Windows Live, followed on by Windows Live Mail has come with the latest
    > versions of Windows....At present I use Windows 7 Professional I
    > think.....

    You think? You don't know the OS that you use? You are using someone
    else's computer (but still don't know what's on it)?

    > I have tried to use a couple more newsreaders like for instance,
    > Thunderbird, and can't seem to like it as it is so different from what I
    > am used to....

    Geez, all that wasted space going nowhere. Just rambling.

    > But now, I have this annoying problem with this old unsent Email keep
    > popping up!......

    But as shown below in the error message, it wasn't an *e-mail* problem but
    instead with your post submitted to their server.

    > It does say that my System time/date were out,

    What does "out" mean? They went on a date and haven't come back before
    curfew?

    > but they weren't when I
    > checked them...... Does anyone have an answer to fix this problem?..... I do
    > have one more problem that I can't solve, but will ask that later!.... Many
    > thanks to the person who can assist with this.....
    >
    > This notice below is what always appears!!
    >
    > Unable to send or receive messages for the News.individual.de account.
    > Windows Live Mail could not post your message.
    >
    > Subject 'Re: The title " Virgin Mary " is not found in Holy Scripture...
    > calling her that is simply goddess worship...'
    > Server Error: 441
    > Server Response: 441 437 YOUR SYSTEM DATE IS WRONG! Too old -- "Sun, 7 Feb
    > 2010 17:26:08 +1100"
    > Server: 'News.individual.de'
    > Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCCA9
    > Protocol: NNTP
    > Port: 119
    > Secure(SSL): No

    Well, the 7th was 13 days ago so, yeah, you are trying to post with an old
    datestamp. Or you're showing the error for your 2-week old problem that
    isn't a problem now.

    You claim that you cannot post to individual.net using Windows Live Mail but
    that's just what you did here. The headers from your post show you used
    Windows Live Mail and individual.net to post here. So whatever problem you
    had a couple weeks ago (13 days) isn't a problem now.

    If the problem is not that you cannot post but that you keep getting some
    error in WLM about trying to submit an old post, delete that old post from
    your Outbox folder.

    VanguardLH, Feb 21, 2010
  4. Bigbazza

    Bigbazza Guest

    "Mike Easter" <> wrote in message
    > Bigbazza wrote:
    >> I tried sending this post a couple of weeks back and it just
    >> 'disappeared' and not show up!.....

    > It is in your outbox and is causing trouble there. You should go into the
    > outbox and delete it. If you still want to post the same message which is
    > likely no longer timely at this late date, you should create a new
    > message.
    >
    >> Later, this message 'popped up' and still keeps popping up every time I
    >> turn on 'Windows Mail' as I only use Windows Mail for reading my
    >> newsgroups on.......

    > The error message is caused by the message in your outbox trying to go out
    > and it is not acceptable because the date on the message is outawhack.
    >
    > <snip OE mini-rant>
    >
    > windowsmail WM and windowslivemail WLM are pretty similar to OE.
    >
    >> But now, I have this annoying problem with this old unsent Email keep
    >> popping up!......

    > Not email. news.individual.de is a newsserver answering on port 119. The
    > one I use is news.individual.net. They have different IP addresses,
    > 130.133.4.10 and .11.
    >
    >> It does say that my System time/date were out, but they weren't when I
    >> checked them......

    > The time/date problem refers to the date stamp on the old message that is
    > still in your outbox, not to your computers clock.
    >
    >> Does anyone have an answer to fix this problem?.....

    > Go to your outbox and delete the offending message.
    >

    > --
    > Mike Easter

    Mike....I never thought of that as the 'Outlook Outbox is not immediately
    visible..... Thanks again from this 'Old Fella'

    Bigbazza, Feb 21, 2010
  5. Bigbazza

    Bigbazza Guest

    "VanguardLH" <> wrote in message
    > Bigbazza wrote:
    >
    >> I tried sending this post a couple of weeks back and it just
    >> 'disappeared'
    >> and not show up!..... Later, this message 'popped up' and still keeps
    >> popping up every time I turn on 'Windows Mail' as I only use Windows Mail
    >> for reading my newsgroups on....... I know that the old OE newsreader was
    >> a crappy newsreader, but after I had been using OE for the first couple
    >> of years of my Newsgroup's use, I got used to it..... And since then,
    >> Windows Live, followed on by Windows Live Mail has come with the latest
    >> versions of Windows....At present I use Windows 7 Professional I
    >> think.....

    > You think? You don't know the OS that you use? You are using someone
    > else's computer (but still don't know what's on it)?

    When I say I don't know which version of Windows 7 I am using, I obviously
    mean whether it is 'Ultimate' Version, or 'Professional' Version, or even
    'Home' Version, NOT what OS I am using!!

    I am using my own computer, not anyone else's..... I share it with my 27
    year old son who is away at present.... He is the one that puts new software
    on my computer... We always run the top version of the Windows OS...usually
    'Ultimate' versions, but this time, for some reasons, he has installed below
    that version....... I could have checked the specifications I suppose, and
    said exactly what version I was running, but it is immaterial to the problem
    I had....As I never clicked on to using Windows Live Mail, as my Email
    Reader....That is why I didn't see that the old post was in the outbox, as
    outbox file is in the Email side of the program......

    Also, being 70 does not help me to be as smart (or Smart Arse) like you!....
    Age sometimes creeps up on all of us!

    --
    Bigbazza (Barry) Oz

    Bigbazza, Feb 21, 2010
  6. Bigbazza

    VanguardLH Guest

    Bigbazza wrote:

    > VanguardLH wrote ...
    >
    >> Bigbazza wrote:
    >>
    >>> I tried sending this post a couple of weeks back and it just
    >>> 'disappeared'
    >>> and not show up!..... Later, this message 'popped up' and still keeps
    >>> popping up every time I turn on 'Windows Mail' as I only use Windows Mail
    >>> for reading my newsgroups on....... I know that the old OE newsreader was
    >>> a crappy newsreader, but after I had been using OE for the first couple
    >>> of years of my Newsgroup's use, I got used to it..... And since then,
    >>> Windows Live, followed on by Windows Live Mail has come with the latest
    >>> versions of Windows....At present I use Windows 7 Professional I
    >>> think.....

    >> You think? You don't know the OS that you use? You are using someone
    >> else's computer (but still don't know what's on it)?

    > When I say I don't know which version of Windows 7 I am using, I obviously
    > mean whether it is 'Ultimate' Version, or 'Professional' Version, or even
    > 'Home' Version, NOT what OS I am using!!

    We can only go by what you said, not by what you meant to say. "Windows 7
    Professional" is one identifier, not two. It is THAT which you said you
    didn't know you had or not. I'm still waiting for delivery of the special
    batteries required for my crytal ball.

    > As I never clicked on to using Windows Live Mail, as my Email
    > Reader....That is why I didn't see that the old post was in the outbox, as
    > outbox file is in the Email side of the program......

    The Outbox folder is used for sending any message whether later it be either
    e-mail protocols or NNTP (network news transfer protocol) to transfer the
    message. Which protocol that gets used later on the *send* depends on what
    type of server to which the client connects, and that's done after the item
    has already deposited into the Outbox folder. There is not a separate
    Outbox folder for e-mail and a separate Outbox folder for newsgroups. Just
    one.

    Apparently you realized that after Mike's reply. Since you were so used to
    using OE for many years, it's odd that you never thought about looking
    there.

    > Also, being 70 does not help me to be as smart (or Smart Arse) like you!....
    > Age sometimes creeps up on all of us!

    Age is not an excuse for poor composition. If you were 73 then you wouldn't
    be using the kiddy chatspeak style of inserting "..." where periods belong.
    You actually wrote like that even before personal computers were available
    to you?

    VanguardLH, Feb 21, 2010