    thanks for your help
    regards
    serge

    =?Utf-8?B?c2VyZ2UgY2FsZGVyYXJh?=, Nov 24, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?c2VyZ2UgY2FsZGVyYXJh?=

    Pavel A. Guest

    "serge calderara" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Dear all,
    >
    > I am using a US robotics Wifi PCI card on an Xp machine.
    > Is there a way to automatically desactivate the Wifi card jsut before a
    > windows shutdown ?

    The driver of this card should take care of this.
    So this happens, er... automatically. Do you have any problem with it?

    --PA

    Pavel A., Nov 25, 2005

  3. Yes I have problem with it during shtdown procedure.
    What it does is that if I shutdown Windows while Wifi is activated, windows
    start a shutdown process and then after a while I have a blue screen with
    parity error.

    If I switch off manually tzhe Wifi before shutdown then this erro do not come.
    I have update my card with latest driver of US robotics, then I have made a
    rollback and even with old driver I still have same trouble.

    Except that, the card works really well.

    Any ideas ? Could it be a irq trouble ?
    should I reserve a dedicated PCI irq fro my card ?

    thnaks for your help
    regards
    serge

    =?Utf-8?B?c2VyZ2UgY2FsZGVyYXJh?=, Nov 25, 2005
  4. =?Utf-8?B?c2VyZ2UgY2FsZGVyYXJh?=

    Ryan Younger Guest

    Firstly, are you using Windows XP Service Pack 2 with all the latest
    hotfixes installed. Do you also have the latest drivers installed for your
    wireless adapter? If not, then please address this first.

    If you have addressed the above and this error is still occuring please
    provide the specific error message you receive including the error code.

    --
    All the best,

    Ryan Younger.
    Networking Weblog