Help on USB TV tuner

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by 418928@cepsz.unizar.es, Aug 25, 2006.

  1. Guest

    Hi everybody,

    I'd like to buy a TV tuner for my portable computer. I was thinking of
    one hybrid (digital+analog tv) from Zaapa (USB key). Do you have any
    advice on this? I'd be glad of any recommendations and suggestions. I'd
    like it to be small, with a good reception and for both
    digital/analogic TV. If it can automatically compress video, that would
    be
    nice too.

    I don't know much about these devices, so I appreciate any comment or
    web
    pages. Also: is the built-in antenna that some of these devices carry
    enough to see tv even in the absence of a fixed tv connector? or is it
    possible to connect a portable antenna? (would it be possible to use
    them without a wired antenna connection?). Another question: are these
    devices to tune digital tv without any other requirements (like an
    antenna connection with digital tv)?

    Another thing that I would like to know is if some of these USB tuners
    could also be used to tune satellite tv. Or, on the contrary, would it
    be possible to connect my tv tuner to my satellite receiver in order to
    see and record some programs? In that case, what do I need? (is it a
    RGB input enough or do I need some kind of audio input too? Can I use
    the satellite receiver in order to see a program in my computer while
    the (main) TV is used to see anything else?

    Thanks in advance for any clarification,

    Sergio
    , Aug 25, 2006

  2. Travis Guest

    Why waste your money on a TV tuner to watch TV on your computer? What's
    wrong with television? You should use your money to get a really good
    nVidia card and some more RAM then get a bunch of video games instead!

    Travis, Aug 25, 2006