    Can anyone comment on what may be wrong?
    Any guesses as to what HP would charge for out of warranty repair on this?

    TIA
    Andrew Tang, Sep 28, 2004

  2. Andrew Tang

    AG Guest

    "Andrew Tang" <> wrote in message
    news:qbh6d.124459$MQ5.64437@attbi_s52...
    > I have a customer who I sold a LaserJet 1000 to over a year ago and the
    > print is really faint. It was an ongoing problem and changing the

    cartridge
    > did not improve anything. A picture of the printout is at:
    >
    > http://home.mchsi.com/~a.tang/pix/printout.jpg
    >
    > Can anyone comment on what may be wrong?
    > Any guesses as to what HP would charge for out of warranty repair on this?
    >
    > TIA

    I know this will sound strange but try different paper or even turn the
    paper over. Some finishes don't take toner well. I've seen it make all the
    difference.

    AG
    AG, Sep 28, 2004

  3. Andrew Tang

    AG Guest

    "Barry Watzman" <> wrote in message
    > Best guess, high voltage power supply or transfer roller (if this model
    > uses one). The cost to repair will probably be high relative to the
    > value of the printer.

    Isn't the transfer roller a part of the cartridge on those? It is on most
    of them.
    AG

    AG, Sep 30, 2004
  4. Andrew Tang

    Andrew Tang Guest

    "AG" <> wrote in message

    > "Barry Watzman" <> wrote in message
    > > Best guess, high voltage power supply or transfer roller (if this model
    > > uses one). The cost to repair will probably be high relative to the
    > > value of the printer.
    > >

    > Isn't the transfer roller a part of the cartridge on those? It is on most
    > of them.
    > AG

    The transfer roller appears not to be a part of the cartridge as listed
    here:

    http://sparepartswarehouse.com/rwm/HP/2080/2963/Laserjet-1000-Q1342A.asp

    Following up:
    I eventually got a laser/scanner assembly failure message within Windows.
    Consider the cost of that part and not being sure about complications, I am
    not going to try to repair it.

    Thanks for the replies.

    Andy

    Andrew Tang, Oct 1, 2004