    the cd. does anyone know why and or how to make it.
    thanks
    --

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2hhcmxlcw==?=, Jul 5, 2005

  2. Charles <> wrote:
    > I have the iso saved onto a cd but everytime i start my cpu it wont
    > boot off the cd. does anyone know why and or how to make it.
    > thanks

    Well, I'm afraid you got it wrong: don't save the iso, burn it... the best
    way is to use a soft like Nero...
    Iso's are made to be burned, not decompressed, not saved...

    Cheers

    --
    Christian Hougardy
    (Ruiselde - Belgium)

    Christian Hougardy, Jul 5, 2005

  3. It is an image you should have burnt to a CD with either NERO or Easy CD
    Creator. You should not have unzipped it. I have experienced problem burning
    images this way.

    Read this:
    http://www.petri.co.il/how_to_write_iso_files_to_cd.htm

    Also check out ISO Recorder:
    http://isorecorder.alexfeinman.com/Beta.htm
    --
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jul 5, 2005
  4. oh im sorry i did burn it to a disc i just wrote saved. i right clicked and
    hit copy image to cd. is that write. i did it with iso recorder. is that ok.
    and if so what do i do now to make it work.
    thanks

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2hhcmxlcw==?=, Jul 5, 2005
  5. =?Utf-8?B?Q2hhcmxlcw==?=

    RonK Guest

    You have to Burn it onto the cd as an Image - you don't just copy it onto
    cd.

    RonK, Jul 5, 2005
  6. i copied the image to the cd. but it still wont work. i used an iso recorder

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2hhcmxlcw==?=, Jul 5, 2005
  7. =?Utf-8?B?Q2hhcmxlcw==?=

    R. C. White Guest

    Hi, Charles.

    You DID set your BIOS to boot from CD, didn't you?

    RC
    --
    R. C. White, CPA
    San Marcos, TX

    Microsoft Windows MVP

    R. C. White, Jul 5, 2005
  8. no
    how do you do this. thanks. i know how to get into my bios but i dont know
    where to go to change it.
    thanks

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2hhcmxlcw==?=, Jul 5, 2005
  9. =?Utf-8?B?Q2hhcmxlcw==?=

    R. C. White Guest

    Hi, Charles.

    Each BIOS is specific to the make and model of the computer (actually the
    motherboard), so we can't answer that for you without knowing about your
    computer - or your motherboard, if it was custom built. But your owner's
    manual should tell you.

    After you press the specific key as your computer starts to boot, you should
    see the first screen for the BIOS setup utility. Probably the first screen
    will show you the time setting and the list of connected hard drives, and
    maybe the CD/DVD drives, too. You may need to go to a second or third page
    to find the place to specify which drive is to be the boot device; most
    BIOSes these days let you specify a second choice in case the first one
    doesn't hold an operating system at boot time, and maybe a third choice.
    When you find this page, set it to boot first from your CD drive. (Most DVD
    drives will work as a CD drive as well.)

    Once you have the BIOS set to boot from CD, put the WinXP CD-ROM into the
    drive and reboot the computer. It should find the startup files on the CD
    and boot into the WinXP Setup program. Setup knows how to partition and
    format your HD, and copy LOTS of files to that drive. Then, after doing
    some preparation, it will automatically reboot. You do NOT want to boot
    from the CD this second time! You want to boot from your HD to load WinXP
    and continue the Setup process. (It will probably tell you that it will
    finish in 39 minutes, but that estimated time is often VERY optimistic.)
    You may need to enter the BIOS a second time before the reboot to change the
    boot device back to your first HD.

    As I said, each BIOS is different. My newest BIOS for this EPoX motherboard
    has a new feature that I've not seen before. I can leave it set to boot
    from HD, but press <Esc> as it starts to boot. This makes it pause after
    detecting the installed devices and present a menu to choose the
    one-time-only boot device. I can pick the CD at this point and boot from CD
    to start WinXP Setup. Then, when it comes to reboot time, it automatically
    reverts to the previous boot device and reboots from my HD to finish Setup.

    If you need further instructions, please tell us the make and model of your
    computer (or mobo) and someone here should be able to give you specific
    advice.

    RC
    --
    R. C. White, CPA
    San Marcos, TX

    Microsoft Windows MVP

    R. C. White, Jul 5, 2005
  10. hey thanks alot man i really apreciate your advice. i will do that. just so
    you know i have a AMD athalon 64 processor and a abit NF8 series mother
    board. i built it myself but i really didnt do to much with the bios. and
    what i did was like back in last oct so i forgot how. thanks again.

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2hhcmxlcw==?=, Jul 5, 2005
  11. http://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000217.htm

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jul 5, 2005
  12. Don't copy to disk like you would when making a cd with your music files.
    Use the function that "burns image file to disc." You do not have to "make
    it bootable." The .iso file is already bootable.

    The traditional BIOS setting for boot order is: Floppy, CD drive, Hard
    Drive. Now that some computers are shipping without floppy drives, you at
    least need the CD drive above the Hard Drive in the boot order. The
    function you are looking for in the BIOS setup should be called "boot order"
    and you are likely to see a PXE NIC in the first position since PC makers
    often use that method to ghost the OS onto the hard drive. You can safely
    move that choice off of the top two.

    Colin Barnhorst, Jul 6, 2005