    program without finding any!

    Is there anyone having the same problem, or better - do anyone have some
    suggestions about what to do?
    HB, Aug 2, 2003

  2. HB

    Spam Buster Guest

    "HB" <> wrote in message
    news:IDRWa.17537$...
    | I have just bought a Philips DVDR 990. It plays DVD alright but the
    problem
    | is finding the tv-channles using the DVD-player/recorder:
    |
    | I have a Pioneer digital satelite recierver (approx 2 - 3 yers old). I am
    | using scart cabels from the DVD to the TV and from the DVD to the satelite
    | recierver. But when I ask the DVD to install channels it runs trough the
    | program without finding any!
    |
    | Is there anyone having the same problem, or better - do anyone have some
    | suggestions about what to do?

    "install channels" tries to find channels on the antenna-in. as you have a
    scart connection to your satelite box, there is no signal on the antenna-in.
    You can simply record DVDs by recording from the Video-port that corresponds
    with the scart connector that is connected to your satelite box. Channel
    selection should be done on your satelite box. You may not be able to do
    timed recordings. Some VCRs have a little gismo that you put in front of the
    IR eye of the satelite box to change the channels, the Philips DVD recorder
    doesn't have this.

    SB
    Spam Buster, Aug 3, 2003