    prefer Linux or OS/2 but will work with windows if required.

    Thanks in Advance.

    Donm
    Don Morse, Nov 28, 2004

  2. ~ Cisco newbie. My ZyXel ISDN Prestige 100IH torched a transistor. I
    ~ had both a Cisco 766 and 776 in my possession. Cannot get DSL or
    ~ cable where I live. Best speed is ISDN.
    ~ Cannot get either Cisco to login to ISP. Both will dial, certain
    ~ access numbers report that 64K not capable and attempt at 56K, but
    ~ others connect at 64K. One I'm working with most connects at 64K,
    ~ sits for 15 secs and then issue a "normal" disconnect. Support at ISP
    ~ is useless. I get the scratch of head and puzzled look routine. I've
    ~ had the Zyxel running for the past 8 years with no issues. Also had a
    ~ friends Pipe 75 working fine... cannot get the 776 or 766 to complete
    ~ the login.
    ~ Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. I can work in any OS, I
    ~ prefer Linux or OS/2 but will work with windows if required.
    ~
    ~ Thanks in Advance.
    ~
    ~ Donm
    ~

    Here's a note I wrote on how to configure a 700 to connect to an ISP,
    back before I had forgotten everything I knew about 700s ... if you need
    more info, then you can still find the 700 docs at
    http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/access/acs_fix/750/index.htm .

    Hope this helps,

    Aaron

    ---

    Configuration for IOS-700 in the following scenario:
    - singledestination: will connect to the Internet via an ISP. Will
    use PPP multilink.
    - using using a fixed globally valid IP address from the ISP
    - using PAT to provide access for a hidden internal network (net 10)
    - authenticating via PAP - will authenticate to the ISP but will
    not authenticate the ISP.
    - 4.0(1) or above.

    This system will be called c700, using password FOO on the ISP.
    We'll call the ISP ispnas with IP address of 200.200.200.1.
    c700's globally valid IP address will be 200.200.200.2.

    configure system profile:

    SET SYSTEMNAME c700
    [ set the SWITCH, SPIDs, DIRECTORYNUMBERs as desired ]
    SET IP ROUTING ON
    SET PPP AUTHENTICATION IN PAP
    SET PPP AUTHENTICATION OUT NONE
    SET PPP MULTILINK ON
    SET MULTIDESTINATION OFF
    SET 1 AUTO ON
    SET 2 AUTO ON
    DEMAND 1 THRESHOLD 0
    DEMAND 2 THRESHOLD 48
    DEMAND 1 DURATION 1
    DEMAND 2 DURATION 1

    configure LAN profile:

    CD LAN
    SET IP FRAMING ETHERNET_II
    SET BRIDGING ON
    SET IP ROUTING OFF
    SET IP ADDRESS 0.0.0.0

    configure Internal profile:

    CD Internal
    SET BRIDGING OFF
    SET IP ROUTING ON
    SET IP ADDRESS 10.0.0.1
    SET IP NETMASK 255.255.255.0
    - if you want to run a DHCP server on the local 10.0.0 LAN
    SET DHCP SERVER

    configure WAN profile for ISP

    SET USER ispnas
    SET ACTIVE ispnas
    SET 1 NUMBER 5551234
    SET 2 NUMBER 5551234
    SET PROFILE POWERUP ACTIVE
    SET AUTO ON
    SET IP PAT ON
    SET IP ROUTING ON
    SET ENCAPS PPP
    SET IP FRAMING NONE
    SET IP ADDRESS 200.200.200.2
    SET IP NETMASK 255.255.255.0
    - if using IPCP to get a dynamically assigned IP addr from the ISP,
    - then use SET IP ADDRESS 0.0.0.0
    SET IP ROUTE DESTINATION 0.0.0.0/0 GATEWAY 0.0.0.0
    SET PPP AUTHENTICATION OUT NONE
    SET PPP PASSWORD CLIENT <= SET PPP SECRET CLIENT if using CHAP
    FOO
    FOO
    Aaron Leonard, Nov 29, 2004