    Can someone give me a brief instructions on how to set it up?

    Thanks in advance!

    Sam

    Sam Wong, Jan 2, 2004

  2. Sam Wong

    Kurt Jaeger Guest

    Hi!

    >My manager gave me a Cisco ATA 186 and asked me to config it. I've
    >checked on Cisco website and see something called Callmanager. Do I
    >need it? Or I just need to assign an IP, subnet mask and Gateway
    >address to it then it will work?
    >
    >Can someone give me a brief instructions on how to set it up?

    Have a look at

    http://pulver.com/fwd/quick_nat-ata.html

    or

    http://www.vonage.com/installation_troubleshooting_ata186.php

    Hope this helps.

    --
    MfG/Best regards, Kurt Jaeger 16 years to go !
    LF.net GmbH fon +49 711 90074-23

    Kurt Jaeger, Jan 2, 2004

  3. Sam Wong

    Guest

    On 1 Jan 2004 19:57:42 -0800, (Sam Wong) wrote:

    >Hi,
    >
    >My manager gave me a Cisco ATA 186 and asked me to config it. I've
    >checked on Cisco website and see something called Callmanager. Do I
    >need it? Or I just need to assign an IP, subnet mask and Gateway
    >address to it then it will work?
    >
    >Can someone give me a brief instructions on how to set it up?
    >
    >Thanks in advance!
    >
    >Sam

    Depends on how you plan on using it and what you want to talk to. I
    assume you don't already have Call Manager or a router/gateway to get
    to regular phone lines. Call Manager is intended for bigger
    installations.

    Look into Vonage, although they usually provide the equipment.

    Do you have other ATA-186s you want to communicate between? In that
    case, you probably want the SIP firmware and setup a gatekeeper on a
    router or a linux box.

    If you just have two, you could install the H323 software and just
    point the gateway entries at each other. For example, I have a dozen
    of these for alarm panels that all dial a central receiver so I point
    all of their h323 gateways at the receivers ata.

    I giess we need more details since what your boss asked is kinda like,
    "Here's a router - set it up somewhere."

    -Chris

    , Jan 2, 2004
  4. Sam Wong

    Sam Wong Guest

    Thanks gentlemen.

    We have another ATA186 in the indian office. What I think is to link
    up the two. Currently, the signaling image is the MGCP version and I
    would like to download another SI but can't found it on Cisco's
    website.

    http://www.cisco.com/pcgi-bin/tablebuild.pl/ata186

    Sam

    Sam Wong, Jan 5, 2004