help on Cisco 4948 switch's managment port config

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by wookie, Jan 7, 2009.

  1. wookie

    wookie

    Joined:
    May 21, 2008
    Messages:
    8
    All,

    I configurated the cisco 4948 management port with the following setting. Let assume the IP is real IP.

    interface FastEthernet1
    ip vrf forwarding mgmtVrf
    ip address 192.168.1.100 255.255.252.0
    speed auto
    duplex auto

    ip route vrf mgmtVrf 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 192.168.1.1
    ip http server

    ip default-gateway 192.168.1.1

    From All network outside the switch, I can telnet into the switch but no luck with http access. From the switch, I can do
    ping vrf mgmtVrf 192.168.x.y
    traceroute vrf mgmtVrf 192.168.x.y
    but not anything else like
    copy tftp://192.168.2.100/filename bootflash:

    I think this has something do with the vrf stuff? Any suggestions since I am not familiar with the vrf? I need to get this work so that I can upgrade the IOS remotely.
    Thanks in advance.

    wookie, Jan 7, 2009

  2. wookie

    owczi

    Joined:
    Apr 16, 2009
    Messages:
    1
    Hi Wookie,

    You can use ftp, tftp, snmp, syslog and so on with your management interface, all you need to do is configure your mgmt ethernet interface as source for the protocols you need:

    ip ftp source-interface fa1
    ip tftp source-interface fa1

    etc.

    Regards,
    owczi

    owczi, Apr 16, 2009

  3. wookie

    Rollodu

    Joined:
    Jun 22, 2012
    Messages:
    2
    4948 Fa1 port settgins

    How did you configured the interface FastEthernet1?
    Sounds silly but on my 4948 can't go on interface configuration mode on that interface.
    Thank you

    Rollodu, Jun 22, 2012