    no physical damage on the camera... It happened after a short trip, all
    of a sudden.

    Any suggestions?

    Laganis, Jan 19, 2006

  2. Laganis

    Mark Guest

    Re: Olympus digital camera beeps, indicators blink, nothing happens

    "Laganis" <> wrote in message
    > Hi to all,
    > Can somebody help me with my Olympus Stylus 400?
    > When I try to turn it on by sliding its front cover, the objective
    > doesn't come out. The red and green indicators start to blink and the
    > camera beeps. The LCD monitor doesn't turn on neither.
    >
    > This happens, when I connect to the PC too - everytime I try to turn it
    > on.
    >
    > The battery seems to be OK, I have recharged it succesfully. There was
    > no physical damage on the camera... It happened after a short trip, all
    > of a sudden.
    >
    > Any suggestions?

    I HATE when my "objective" won't come out......

    Take your Stylus to an Exorcist. If that doesn't resolve the problem drive a
    wooden stake through it's LCD and bury it at least 20 feet under ground.
    Then go to the store and buy yourself a Sony or Canon or Nikon .....etc.,
    and enjoy your 'objective' coming out and retracting on cue.

    Mark, Jan 19, 2006

  3. In article <>,
    "Laganis" <> wrote:

    > Can somebody help me with my Olympus Stylus 400?
    > When I try to turn it on by sliding its front cover, the objective
    > doesn't come out. The red and green indicators start to blink and the
    > camera beeps. The LCD monitor doesn't turn on neither.

    Laganis-

    Something might be causing the lens to jam, keeping it from coming out.
    Can you see under the cover? It might not be opening all the way.

    Try removing the memory card. If it went bad, it might load down the
    battery, causing voltage to be low. Check to see if anything is getting
    extremely hot.

    Try leaving the battery out of the camera long enough for the camera to
    reset itself to default conditions. If the last image is still on the
    memory card, it shouldn't lose count.

    Fred

    Fred McKenzie, Jan 22, 2006
  4. Laganis

    Laganis Guest

    Fred,
    I tried all of these, but the result remains the same...
    I brought it to a service, too. But not even them found the reason of
    the damage or a solution. It should be a problem with the circuits,
    they said.
    The camera definitely has died, RIP :-(
    I have to save money for a new one :-(
    Thank you for your help and patience with my rusty english.

    Laganis, Jan 25, 2006