Help! Novice Can't Download Adobe Reader

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by Starcap 50, Nov 8, 2003.

  1. Starcap 50

    Starcap 50 Guest

    Help!

    I have been trying to download the Adobe Reader.

    Here is the web page I am trying to download from:

    However, something seems to be wrong with this web page on my computer. It
    looks like this web page is too large for my computer screen.

    When I scroll down, the last bit of information that I see is where it says:

    "Connection Speed."

    This is after I type in the "Language" and the "Platform."

    I am unable to scroll down further past this point. Therefore, I am unable to
    type in my Connection Speed.

    Therefore, I am unable to finish filling out this form so I can download Adobe
    Reader.

    I've tried everything I can think of, moving this window up, down, left, right,
    every which way, but I can't get it to scroll down any lower.

    I do a lot of web surfing, and I can't recall ever encountering this problem
    before.

    I get the feeling there's something stupid I am either doing or not doing.

    Any assistance would be deeply appreciated. Thanks in advance.

    Dennis
    Starcap 50, Nov 8, 2003

  2. Starcap 50

    Guest

    It *IS* a goofy page. I get small type with rows overlapping. I am
    using Netscape 7.1.

    If you are using netscape 4.x, it's time to upgrade. Lots of people no
    longer support it.

    On 08 Nov 2003 09:53:50 GMT, (Starcap 50) wrote:

    >Help!
    >
    >I have been trying to download the Adobe Reader.
    >
    >Here is the web page I am trying to download from:
    >
    >http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html
    >
    >However, something seems to be wrong with this web page on my computer. It
    >looks like this web page is too large for my computer screen.
    >
    >When I scroll down, the last bit of information that I see is where it says:
    >
    >"Connection Speed."
    >
    >This is after I type in the "Language" and the "Platform."
    >
    >I am unable to scroll down further past this point. Therefore, I am unable to
    >type in my Connection Speed.
    >
    >Therefore, I am unable to finish filling out this form so I can download Adobe
    >Reader.
    >
    >I've tried everything I can think of, moving this window up, down, left, right,
    >every which way, but I can't get it to scroll down any lower.
    >
    >I do a lot of web surfing, and I can't recall ever encountering this problem
    >before.
    >
    >I get the feeling there's something stupid I am either doing or not doing.
    >
    >Any assistance would be deeply appreciated. Thanks in advance.
    >
    >Dennis

    Roy - Carpe Noctem
    , Nov 8, 2003

  3. Starcap 50

    Starcap 50 Guest

    From: :

    >>It *IS* a goofy page. I get small type with rows overlapping. I am using

    Netscape 7.1.<<

    Ah hah!

    When I came back to this newsgroup and tried the link contained within my
    message, the page came out normal and fine.

    I was able to complete all of the desired information. The Adobe Reader is
    now downloading at this very instant.

    Apparently, the link that said "Get Adobe Reader Now" from the web site I got
    it from was fouled up.

    But when I accessed the link from the message I posted, it came out fine.

    I'm curious. Why does this happen?

    >>If you are using netscape 4.x, it's time to upgrade. Lots of people no longer

    support it.<<

    Thanks for the information and tip.

    Dennis
    Starcap 50, Nov 8, 2003
  4. Starcap 50

    Guest

    On 08 Nov 2003 10:35:08 GMT, (Starcap 50) wrote:

    >Why does this happen?

    Magic!

    If you really want to test your browser, go to USA web pages presented
    by Japanese car manufacturers.

    Roy - Carpe Noctem
    , Nov 8, 2003