    what does this mean, I have never had this before and how do I get round it
    to back up the dvd

    Dave

    Dragon, May 28, 2004

  2. Dragon

    Nath Guest

    "Dragon" <> wrote in message
    news:pNLtc.24536$...
    > I am trying to back up Hans Christian Anderson on region 1 disc with
    > decrypter but when it does the css it comes up with this message
    >
    > brute force cracking failed
    >
    > there were no vulnerable blocks
    >
    > what does this mean, I have never had this before and how do I get round

    it
    > to back up the dvd
    >
    > Dave

    Flash your drive to RPC-1, then try again.

    Nath, May 28, 2004

  3. Dragon

    Dragon Guest

    hi Dave

    what does brute force mean and do, do i need it on

    dave

    "Dave" <> wrote in message

    > "Dragon" <> wrote in message
    > > I am trying to back up Hans Christian Anderson on region 1 disc with
    > > decrypter but when it does the css it comes up with this message
    > >
    > > brute force cracking failed
    > >
    > > there were no vulnerable blocks
    > >
    > > what does this mean, I have never had this before and how do I get round

    > it
    > > to back up the dvd
    > >

    > Run dvdregionfree or anydvd in the background, dont use brute force (you

    can

    Dragon, May 28, 2004
  4. Dragon

    Dave Guest

    Dave, May 28, 2004
  5. Dragon

    Tama Mativa Guest

    it still decrypts it , it just runs slower

    your dvdrom player is set to one region and the dvd disk is another region

    Tama Mativa, May 29, 2004
  6. Dragon

    Dave Guest

    "Dragon" <> wrote in message
    > hi Dave
    >
    > what does brute force mean and do, do i need it on

    Turn it off
    Its used if you are trying to rip a dvd which has a region your drive is
    normally unable to read (ie your dvd-rom or writer may normally only read
    region 2 disks, using brute force allows you to scan for the protections
    like css etc on other region dvd disks) generally you dont need to use it,
    it can be buggy and it may be slow, ive only ever seen it have to be used on
    a region locked drive trying to decrypt a RCE region 1 disk.

    Dave, May 29, 2004
  7. Dragon

    Dragon Guest

    I think the disk I am trying to backup is a rce disk region 1

    Dave

    Dragon, May 29, 2004
  8. Dragon

    Dave Guest

    "Dragon" <> wrote in message
    > I think the disk I am trying to backup is a rce disk region 1

    What film is it and what region??? and i will tell you if its RCE protected

    Dave, May 29, 2004
  9. Dragon

    Dragon Guest

    Hans Christian Anderson Danny kaye region 1

    Dragon, May 29, 2004
  10. Dragon

    Dave Guest

    "Dragon" <> wrote in message
    > Hans Christian Anderson Danny kaye region 1

    If its....
    Hans Christian Anderson Danny Kaye 1952
    Then that title does NOT seem to be RCE protected, and should playback on
    any multiregion dvd player :)
    Turn the brute force thing off, and then try... and if it still dont work
    try again with dvdregionfree or anydvd running in the background, or even
    better run clonedvd or dvdshrink with anydvd or dvdregionfree in the
    background, that will almost certainly make a working backup :)

    Dave, May 29, 2004
  11. Dragon

    Dragon Guest

    cheers dave

    Dragon, May 30, 2004
  12. Dragon

    Dave Guest

    "Dragon" <> wrote in message
    > cheers dave

    No problem, hope you have better luck now :))

    Dave, May 30, 2004