Help, No Sound

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Paul Carter, Dec 22, 2008.

  1. Paul Carter

    Paul Carter Guest

    Good Morning,

    I've got a problem I'd welcome some help with.

    I'm rebuilding an old comp and can't get any sound out of the damn
    thing. It's about seven year sold, used to run just fine, was my
    machine. I've upgraded to something a bit quicker, so my daughter is
    going to get this one.

    The machine is an ordinary PC clone,Athlon1100 chip, MSI MS-6390
    motherboard with on board sound. Fresh install of XP Home SP3.

    Everything went fine apart from the sound. I've loaded the drivers
    for the on board sound, enabled the board in the BIOS, everything
    looks OK in the Device Manager, there are no yellow exclamation signs.
    However it wont make a sound. I've tried playing MP3s and audio CD
    tracks in WMP, it looks fine, the progress bar moves along the bottom
    just as it should, but no noise. If I go to the Sounds tab in "Sounds
    and Audio Devices" and play some of the different sounds one can
    select for various events I can't hear those either.

    I've checked what I hope are all the obvious things, nothing is muted
    on the Volume control, and the speakers that are plugged in do work.

    I also have a PCI sound card, so I installed that and, disabled the
    onboard sound. XP recognised the card fine, but still no noise!

    Help, any ideas welcome, as the machine is supposed to be for Xmas.

    Regards

    Paul

    Paul Carter, Dec 22, 2008

  2. Paul Carter

    Enkidu Guest

    Paul Carter wrote:
    > Good Morning,
    >
    > I've got a problem I'd welcome some help with.
    >
    > I'm rebuilding an old comp and can't get any sound out of the damn
    > thing. It's about seven year sold, used to run just fine, was my
    > machine. I've upgraded to something a bit quicker, so my daughter is
    > going to get this one.
    >
    > The machine is an ordinary PC clone,Athlon1100 chip, MSI MS-6390
    > motherboard with on board sound. Fresh install of XP Home SP3.
    >
    > Everything went fine apart from the sound. I've loaded the drivers
    > for the on board sound, enabled the board in the BIOS, everything
    > looks OK in the Device Manager, there are no yellow exclamation
    > signs. However it wont make a sound. I've tried playing MP3s and
    > audio CD tracks in WMP, it looks fine, the progress bar moves along
    > the bottom just as it should, but no noise. If I go to the Sounds
    > tab in "Sounds and Audio Devices" and play some of the different
    > sounds one can select for various events I can't hear those either.
    >
    > I've checked what I hope are all the obvious things, nothing is muted
    > on the Volume control, and the speakers that are plugged in do work.
    >

    > I also have a PCI sound card, so I installed that and, disabled the
    > onboard sound. XP recognised the card fine, but still no noise!
    >
    > Help, any ideas welcome, as the machine is supposed to be for Xmas.

    Maybe the onboard chip is what is technically known as 'buggered'. Get a
    cheap PCI sound card.

    Cheers,

    Cliff

    --

    Tax is not theft.

    Enkidu, Dec 22, 2008

  3. Paul Carter

    Bobs Guest

    On Dec 23, 8:47 am, Paul Carter <> wrote:
    > Good Morning,
    >
    > I've got a problem I'd welcome some help with.
    >
    > I'm rebuilding an old comp and can't get any sound out of the damn
    > thing.  It's about seven year sold, used to run just fine, was my
    > machine.  I've upgraded to something a bit quicker, so my daughter is
    > going to get this one.
    >
    > The machine is an ordinary PC clone,Athlon1100 chip,  MSI MS-6390
    > motherboard with on board sound.  Fresh install of XP Home SP3.
    >
    > Everything went fine apart from the sound.  I've loaded the drivers
    > for the on board sound, enabled the board in the BIOS, everything
    > looks OK in the Device Manager, there are no yellow exclamation signs.
    > However it wont make a sound.  I've tried playing MP3s and audio CD
    > tracks in WMP, it looks fine, the progress bar moves along the bottom
    > just as it should, but no noise.  If I go to the Sounds tab in "Sounds
    > and Audio Devices" and play some of the different sounds one can
    > select for various events I can't hear those either.
    >
    > I've checked what I hope are all the obvious things, nothing is muted
    > on the Volume control, and the speakers that are plugged in do work.
    >
    > I also have a PCI sound card, so I installed that and, disabled the
    > onboard sound.  XP recognised the card fine, but still no noise!
    >
    > Help, any ideas welcome, as the machine is supposed to be for Xmas.
    >
    > Regards
    >
    > Paul

    You certain you got the correct drivers? I'd look for an updated
    version of the driver. That's an old motherboard that was probably
    made when XP was only SP1.

    I would also go Start - Run type in "dxdiag" and then run the sound
    tests there as SP3 has DirectX 10 and your onboard sound card may not
    like the new versions of DirectSound.

    Bobs, Dec 22, 2008
  4. Paul Carter

    Paul Carter Guest

    On Tue, 23 Dec 2008 09:31:45 +1300, Enkidu <>
    wrote:

    >Paul Carter wrote:
    >> Good Morning,
    >>
    >> I've got a problem I'd welcome some help with.
    >>
    >> I'm rebuilding an old comp and can't get any sound out of the damn
    >> thing. It's about seven year sold, used to run just fine, was my
    >> machine. I've upgraded to something a bit quicker, so my daughter is
    >> going to get this one.
    >>
    >> The machine is an ordinary PC clone,Athlon1100 chip, MSI MS-6390
    >> motherboard with on board sound. Fresh install of XP Home SP3.
    >>
    >> Everything went fine apart from the sound. I've loaded the drivers
    >> for the on board sound, enabled the board in the BIOS, everything
    >> looks OK in the Device Manager, there are no yellow exclamation
    >> signs. However it wont make a sound. I've tried playing MP3s and
    >> audio CD tracks in WMP, it looks fine, the progress bar moves along
    >> the bottom just as it should, but no noise. If I go to the Sounds
    >> tab in "Sounds and Audio Devices" and play some of the different
    >> sounds one can select for various events I can't hear those either.
    >>
    >> I've checked what I hope are all the obvious things, nothing is muted
    >> on the Volume control, and the speakers that are plugged in do work.
    >>

    >> I also have a PCI sound card, so I installed that and, disabled the
    >> onboard sound. XP recognised the card fine, but still no noise!
    >>
    >> Help, any ideas welcome, as the machine is supposed to be for Xmas.
    >>

    >Maybe the onboard chip is what is technically known as 'buggered'. Get a
    >cheap PCI sound card.
    >
    >Cheers,
    >
    >Cliff

    It may indeed be bugered, but if you read 10 lines above here, you'll
    see I've already done that.

    Thanks.

    Paul

    Paul Carter, Dec 22, 2008
  5. Paul Carter

    Paul Carter Guest

    On Mon, 22 Dec 2008 12:57:56 -0800 (PST), Bobs <>
    wrote:

    >On Dec 23, 8:47 am, Paul Carter <> wrote:
    >> Good Morning,
    >>
    >> I've got a problem I'd welcome some help with.
    >>
    >> I'm rebuilding an old comp and can't get any sound out of the damn
    >> thing.  It's about seven year sold, used to run just fine, was my
    >> machine.  I've upgraded to something a bit quicker, so my daughter is
    >> going to get this one.
    >>
    >> The machine is an ordinary PC clone,Athlon1100 chip,  MSI MS-6390
    >> motherboard with on board sound.  Fresh install of XP Home SP3.
    >>
    >> Everything went fine apart from the sound.  I've loaded the drivers
    >> for the on board sound, enabled the board in the BIOS, everything
    >> looks OK in the Device Manager, there are no yellow exclamation signs.
    >> However it wont make a sound.  I've tried playing MP3s and audio CD
    >> tracks in WMP, it looks fine, the progress bar moves along the bottom
    >> just as it should, but no noise.  If I go to the Sounds tab in "Sounds
    >> and Audio Devices" and play some of the different sounds one can
    >> select for various events I can't hear those either.
    >>
    >> I've checked what I hope are all the obvious things, nothing is muted
    >> on the Volume control, and the speakers that are plugged in do work.
    >>
    >> I also have a PCI sound card, so I installed that and, disabled the
    >> onboard sound.  XP recognised the card fine, but still no noise!
    >>
    >> Help, any ideas welcome, as the machine is supposed to be for Xmas.
    >>
    >> Regards
    >>
    >> Paul

    >You certain you got the correct drivers? I'd look for an updated
    >version of the driver. That's an old motherboard that was probably
    >made when XP was only SP1.
    >
    >I would also go Start - Run type in "dxdiag" and then run the sound
    >tests there as SP3 has DirectX 10 and your onboard sound card may not
    >like the new versions of DirectSound.

    Thanks, I'll try that.

    Paul

    Paul Carter, Dec 22, 2008
  6. Paul Carter

    wrote:

    >You certain you got the correct drivers? I'd look for an updated
    >version of the driver. That's an old motherboard that was probably
    >made when XP was only SP1.

    99% certain the drivers are correct. Really all I want to do is a
    clean install of XP on an old machine, so logic says everything should
    work as it used to without the need for any new drivers.

    >I would also go Start - Run type in "dxdiag" and then run the sound
    >tests there as SP3 has DirectX 10 and your onboard sound card may not
    >like the new versions of DirectSound.

    Done that, thanks again. The DirectX version is shown as 9.0c
    (4.009.0000.0904). The sound and music tests don't produce any sound.

    Paul

    Paul Carter, Dec 22, 2008
  7. Paul Carter

    Max Burke Guest

    > Paul Carter wrote:
    > Good Morning,
    > I've got a problem I'd welcome some help with.
    > I'm rebuilding an old comp and can't get any sound out of the damn
    > thing. It's about seven year sold, used to run just fine, was my
    > machine. I've upgraded to something a bit quicker, so my daughter is
    > going to get this one.

    > The machine is an ordinary PC clone,Athlon1100 chip, MSI MS-6390
    > motherboard with on board sound. Fresh install of XP Home SP3.
    > Everything went fine apart from the sound. I've loaded the drivers
    > for the on board sound, enabled the board in the BIOS, everything
    > looks OK in the Device Manager, there are no yellow exclamation signs.
    > However it wont make a sound. I've tried playing MP3s and audio CD
    > tracks in WMP, it looks fine, the progress bar moves along the bottom
    > just as it should, but no noise. If I go to the Sounds tab in "Sounds
    > and Audio Devices" and play some of the different sounds one can
    > select for various events I can't hear those either.
    > I've checked what I hope are all the obvious things, nothing is muted
    > on the Volume control, and the speakers that are plugged in do work.
    > I also have a PCI sound card, so I installed that and, disabled the
    > onboard sound. XP recognised the card fine, but still no noise!

    > Help, any ideas welcome, as the machine is supposed to be for Xmas.

    [You may have tried this already...]

    Go to Control Panel.
    Select/open Sound and Audio Devices.
    Check:
    Sounds Tab - Make sure it isn't loading a 'mute/no sounds' scheme as the
    default sounds scheme.
    Audio - Default Device (in all settings) make sure drivers/codec's, etc
    matches the on board hardware.
    Do the same for the Voice and Hardware Tabs

    If that doesn't work try re-installing the sounds hardware from the Add
    Hardware Control Panel applet.

    Finally if all the above fails, try manually installing the sounds hardware
    directly from the XP CD itself.
    There should be an audio folder on the XP CD where you can install the
    Sound/audio drivers.
    You may have a separate CD that came with the computer that has the audio
    drivers, etc on it.

    I have to do a manual re-install of the audio hardware/drivers from the XP
    and audio hardware CD, after I re-install the OS (XP home or Pro) on this 7
    year old PC Company PC I'm using.

    Only after I have done that the onboard sound works, and only then can I
    apply the updated/latest drivers for the onboard sound system.

    Found Images

    Max Burke, Dec 22, 2008
  8. Paul Carter

    Richard Guest

    Paul Carter wrote:

    > I'm rebuilding an old comp and can't get any sound out of the damn
    > thing. It's about seven year sold, used to run just fine, was my
    > machine. I've upgraded to something a bit quicker, so my daughter is
    > going to get this one.
    >
    > The machine is an ordinary PC clone,Athlon1100 chip, MSI MS-6390
    > motherboard with on board sound. Fresh install of XP Home SP3.
    >
    > Everything went fine apart from the sound. I've loaded the drivers
    > for the on board sound, enabled the board in the BIOS, everything
    > looks OK in the Device Manager, there are no yellow exclamation signs.
    > However it wont make a sound. I've tried playing MP3s and audio CD
    > tracks in WMP, it looks fine, the progress bar moves along the bottom
    > just as it should, but no noise. If I go to the Sounds tab in "Sounds
    > and Audio Devices" and play some of the different sounds one can
    > select for various events I can't hear those either.
    >
    > I've checked what I hope are all the obvious things, nothing is muted
    > on the Volume control, and the speakers that are plugged in do work.
    >
    > I also have a PCI sound card, so I installed that and, disabled the
    > onboard sound. XP recognised the card fine, but still no noise!
    >
    > Help, any ideas welcome, as the machine is supposed to be for Xmas.

    2 things spring to mind - old motherboard may have AC97 wiring for the
    front jacks, needing jumpers if not connected to pass audio to the rear
    ones.

    Secondly, you may have it set to 5.1 output on the digital out, which
    disables the analog out.

    Richard, Dec 22, 2008
  9. Paul Carter

    Paul Carter Guest

    On Tue, 23 Dec 2008 11:05:30 +1300, "Max Burke"
    <> wrote:

    SNIP

    >[You may have tried this already...]
    >
    >Go to Control Panel.
    >Select/open Sound and Audio Devices.
    >Check:
    >Sounds Tab - Make sure it isn't loading a 'mute/no sounds' scheme as the
    >default sounds scheme.

    Sound scheme was blank, set it to Windows Default, no joy.

    >Audio - Default Device (in all settings) make sure drivers/codec's, etc
    >matches the on board hardware.
    >Do the same for the Voice and Hardware Tabs

    Afraid already been there, done that.

    >If that doesn't work try re-installing the sounds hardware from the Add
    >Hardware Control Panel applet.

    The Wizard says that the sound device is already installed perfectly,
    thank you very much.

    >Finally if all the above fails, try manually installing the sounds hardware
    >directly from the XP CD itself.
    >There should be an audio folder on the XP CD where you can install the
    >Sound/audio drivers.

    Not on any of my CDs. I've checked an original XP Pro, Pro sp2 and
    Home SP3 disks. None have an Audio folder.

    >You may have a separate CD that came with the computer that has the audio
    >drivers, etc on it.

    Yup, tried manually installing the original audio drivers, which
    appear to install just fine.

    >I have to do a manual re-install of the audio hardware/drivers from the XP
    >and audio hardware CD, after I re-install the OS (XP home or Pro) on this 7
    >year old PC Company PC I'm using.

    This sounds much like my problem.

    >Only after I have done that the onboard sound works, and only then can I
    >apply the updated/latest drivers for the onboard sound system.

    Thanks for your time and replies.

    Paul

    Paul Carter, Dec 22, 2008
  10. Paul Carter

    Paul Carter Guest

    On Tue, 23 Dec 2008 11:27:59 +1300, Richard <> wrote:

    SNIP
    >2 things spring to mind - old motherboard may have AC97 wiring for the
    >front jacks, needing jumpers if not connected to pass audio to the rear
    >ones.

    The machine doesn't have front audio jacks, just a pair of USB1.1
    sockets. However the jumpers to connect the rear Line Out jack are
    set correctly.

    >Secondly, you may have it set to 5.1 output on the digital out, which
    >disables the analog out.

    Now you've lost me, I'm afraid. The only setting close to this I can
    find I've set to desktop speakers.

    Thanks for your time.

    Paul

    Paul Carter, Dec 22, 2008
  11. Paul Carter

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Somewhere on teh intarwebs "Paul Carter" typed:
    > Good Morning,
    >
    > I've got a problem I'd welcome some help with.
    >
    > I'm rebuilding an old comp and can't get any sound out of the damn
    > thing. It's about seven year sold, used to run just fine, was my
    > machine. I've upgraded to something a bit quicker, so my daughter is
    > going to get this one.
    >
    > The machine is an ordinary PC clone,Athlon1100 chip, MSI MS-6390
    > motherboard with on board sound. Fresh install of XP Home SP3.
    >
    > Everything went fine apart from the sound. I've loaded the drivers
    > for the on board sound, enabled the board in the BIOS, everything
    > looks OK in the Device Manager, there are no yellow exclamation signs.
    > However it wont make a sound. I've tried playing MP3s and audio CD
    > tracks in WMP, it looks fine, the progress bar moves along the bottom
    > just as it should, but no noise. If I go to the Sounds tab in "Sounds
    > and Audio Devices" and play some of the different sounds one can
    > select for various events I can't hear those either.
    >
    > I've checked what I hope are all the obvious things, nothing is muted
    > on the Volume control, and the speakers that are plugged in do work.
    >
    > I also have a PCI sound card, so I installed that and, disabled the
    > onboard sound. XP recognised the card fine, but still no noise!
    >
    > Help, any ideas welcome, as the machine is supposed to be for Xmas.

    Hi Paul.

    It sounds like you've done all the obvious things except one; Have you
    tested the speakers themselves on a different source?

    Cheers,
    --
    Shaun.

    ~misfit~, Dec 22, 2008
  12. Paul Carter

    Paul Carter Guest

    On Tue, 23 Dec 2008 12:35:22 +1300, "~misfit~"
    <> wrote:

    SNIP

    >Hi Paul.
    >
    >It sounds like you've done all the obvious things except one; Have you
    >tested the speakers themselves on a different source?
    >
    >Cheers,

    'fraid so, I actually got a set of speakers and a pair of headphones
    to plug in. No noise from either, but they both work when connected
    to my MP3 player.

    Thanks Shaun

    Paul Carter, Dec 23, 2008
  13. Paul Carter

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Somewhere on teh intarwebs "Paul Carter" typed:
    > On Tue, 23 Dec 2008 12:35:22 +1300, "~misfit~"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> Hi Paul.
    >>
    >> It sounds like you've done all the obvious things except one; Have
    >> you tested the speakers themselves on a different source?

    > 'fraid so, I actually got a set of speakers and a pair of headphones
    > to plug in. No noise from either, but they both work when connected
    > to my MP3 player.
    >
    > Thanks Shaun

    Not that I was of any help....

    It looks like an odd one Paul, an OS-level problem likely. I'm a hardware
    man, not so good with software. I'd probably try botting into safe mode and
    removing all and every reference to anything audio-related in device
    manager, then let windows re-discover it. Or try a different driver
    version.. This has probably been covered in other posts though.

    I don't suppose you're near South Auckland? (Any further and it wouldn't be
    a Xmas present.) I have a newer mobo / CPU / RAM combo you can have...

    Good luck,
    --
    Shaun.

    ~misfit~, Dec 23, 2008
  14. Paul Carter

    John W Guest

    "Paul Carter" <> wrote in message
    > I've checked what I hope are all the obvious things, nothing is muted
    > on the Volume control, and the speakers that are plugged in do work.
    >
    > I also have a PCI sound card, so I installed that and, disabled the
    > onboard sound. XP recognised the card fine, but still no noise!
    >
    > Help, any ideas welcome, as the machine is supposed to be for Xmas.
    >
    > Regards
    >
    > Paul

    Friend of mine had a similar problem with on board sound.
    Everything looked ok but no sound. After I gave up he called me later
    saying he had simply done a repair instal with a different disk and
    sound was back normally. Just a thought.

    John W, Dec 23, 2008
  15. Paul Carter

    Paul Carter Guest

    On Tue, 23 Dec 2008 16:05:46 +1300, "John W" <>
    wrote:
    SNIP
    >Friend of mine had a similar problem with on board sound.
    >Everything looked ok but no sound. After I gave up he called me later
    >saying he had simply done a repair instal with a different disk and
    >sound was back normally. Just a thought.

    All thoughts are most welcome, thank you. It's worth trying almost
    anything now.

    Paul

    Paul Carter, Dec 23, 2008
  16. Paul Carter

    Paul Carter Guest

    On Tue, 23 Dec 2008 18:48:28 +1300, "PeeCee" <abuse@127.0.0.1> wrote:

    SNIP
    >What Richard is refering to is the AC97 front panel header on the
    >motherboard.
    >This Intel page shows both the header and the pin assignments.
    >http://www.intel.com/support/motherboards/desktop/sb/CS-015851.htm
    >(ignore the High Definition Front Panel Audio pinouts, your board is too old
    >for this)
    >It is often near the back of the motherboard near the PCI slot plates.
    >
    >The pins of concern are Pin 5 & 6 for the right channel and Pins 9 & 10 for
    >the left channel.
    >
    >The audio from pins 5 & 9 come 'from' the motherboard, Pins 6 & 10 connect
    >to the speaker out socket on the back panel.
    >If the PC does not have front panel headphone / Microphone sockets plugged
    >into this header via a lead then you have to route the sound from in to out
    >via a jumper.
    >Any jumper from the back of a CD drive or old motherboard/plug in card will
    >do, just put one on to short pins 5 & 6 together and another to short pins 9
    >& 10.
    >Just make sure you have correctly identified the right header.

    Thanks for your detailed response, unfortuneately the setup you
    describe above is exactly what I have. I do have the motherboard
    handbook, which also gives precisly the same instructions.

    I actually wish the jumpers were wrong, atleast then I'd find an
    answer.

    >The only other advice I can offer is to try minimising all inputs in the
    >control panel mixer.
    >I did have one case some time ago where a bum software install caused an
    >internal software feedback loop.
    >It was only when I pulled one level control to minimum I picked up momentary
    >sound as the signal became so low as to not be strong enough to cause
    >feedback.
    >
    >Best
    >Paul.

    Regards

    Paul

    Paul Carter, Dec 23, 2008
  17. Paul Carter

    Paul Carter Guest

    On Tue, 23 Dec 2008 14:48:36 +1300, "~misfit~"

    Check oyur Email, Shaun

    Paul Carter, Dec 23, 2008
  18. Paul Carter

    Enkidu Guest

    Paul Carter wrote:
    > On Tue, 23 Dec 2008 09:31:45 +1300, Enkidu
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> Paul Carter wrote:
    >>> Good Morning,
    >>>
    >>> I've got a problem I'd welcome some help with.
    >>>
    >>> I'm rebuilding an old comp and can't get any sound out of the
    >>> damn thing. It's about seven year sold, used to run just fine,
    >>> was my machine. I've upgraded to something a bit quicker, so my
    >>> daughter is going to get this one.
    >>>
    >>> The machine is an ordinary PC clone,Athlon1100 chip, MSI MS-6390
    >>> motherboard with on board sound. Fresh install of XP Home SP3.
    >>>
    >>> Everything went fine apart from the sound. I've loaded the
    >>> drivers for the on board sound, enabled the board in the BIOS,
    >>> everything looks OK in the Device Manager, there are no yellow
    >>> exclamation signs. However it wont make a sound. I've tried
    >>> playing MP3s and audio CD tracks in WMP, it looks fine, the
    >>> progress bar moves along the bottom just as it should, but no
    >>> noise. If I go to the Sounds tab in "Sounds and Audio Devices"
    >>> and play some of the different sounds one can select for various
    >>> events I can't hear those either.
    >>>
    >>> I've checked what I hope are all the obvious things, nothing is
    >>> muted on the Volume control, and the speakers that are plugged in
    >>> do work.
    >>>

    >>> I also have a PCI sound card, so I installed that and, disabled
    >>> the onboard sound. XP recognised the card fine, but still no
    >>> noise!
    >>>
    >>> Help, any ideas welcome, as the machine is supposed to be for
    >>> Xmas.
    >>>

    >> Maybe the onboard chip is what is technically known as 'buggered'.
    >> Get a cheap PCI sound card.
    >>

    > It may indeed be buggered, but if you read 10 lines above here,
    > you'll see I've already done that.

    OK. Didn't see that! In which case, it may be the paths on the MB. I'm
    not sure how those work. I'm assuming here that it is a hardware problem
    of course and it may not be. Do you have an internal speaker? The one
    that does the POST beeps? Do you get the POST beeps?

    Cheers,

    Cliff

    --

    Tax is not theft.

    Enkidu, Dec 23, 2008
  19. Paul Carter

    Paul Carter Guest

    On Tue, 23 Dec 2008 20:01:05 +1300, Enkidu <>
    wrote:
    SNIP
    >OK. Didn't see that! In which case, it may be the paths on the MB. I'm
    >not sure how those work. I'm assuming here that it is a hardware problem
    >of course and it may not be. Do you have an internal speaker? The one
    >that does the POST beeps? Do you get the POST beeps?
    >
    >Cheers,
    >
    >Cliff

    Yes

    Paul Carter, Dec 23, 2008
  20. Paul Carter

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Somewhere on teh intarwebs "Paul Carter" typed:
    > On Tue, 23 Dec 2008 14:48:36 +1300, "~misfit~"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    > Check oyur Email, Shaun

    Done Paul, check yours mate.

    Cheers,