    Both players appears to be processing the song but no sound? Both the
    regular Windowx XP Pro midi files and regular music CD's play with sound?

    Please advise how to proceed..

    Jack, Jul 19, 2004

  2. Jack

    On Mon, 19 Jul 2004 11:00:46 -0400, "Jack" <~@~.com> wrote:

    >Can anyone advise why I get no sound when playing Mp3's in either
    >
    >1. Windows Mediaplayer 9
    >2. Kazaa
    >
    >Both players appears to be processing the song but no sound? Both the
    >regular Windowx XP Pro midi files and regular music CD's play with sound?

    Can you play wav files? If not, open windows volume control. (Double
    click on speaker in tray, or go to Control Panel > Sounds and
    Multimedia, click the Audio tab and the Volume button under "Sound
    Playback".) Once you see the sliders, raise the slider under "WAV".
    With some sound card drivers, this will say "WAV/MP3".

    | Steve |, Jul 19, 2004

  3. Jack

    Bigbri Guest

    Re: No sound when playing MP3's ONLY

    Can anyone advise why I get no sound when playing Mp3's in either

    1. Windows Mediaplayer 9
    2. Kazaa

    Both players appears to be processing the song but no sound? Both the
    regular Windowx XP Pro midi files and regular music CD's play with sound?

    Please advise how to proceed..

    Try this in media player go to tools-options-file types-check boxes mp3
    audio files

    --
    Bigbri

    Bigbri, Jul 19, 2004
  4. Jack

    UltraEGG Guest

    Re: No sound when playing MP3's ONLY

    I would try to open up as many media players one after one on the system, although the volcon is like a master panel mixer, many other programs could over ride the settings.

    I have had a realplayer happened like this. The slider is moved to soundless while I pulll ever slider to the top in volume control....result no sound. Since Real Player is somehow overiding the setting.

    Just some experience,
    Eric

    UltraEGG, Jul 20, 2004