    it's one of the many updates that I've downloaded that has caused
    this.

    Thanks for any advice.
    wrreisen2, Jul 28, 2008

  2. wrreisen2

    Rey Santos Guest

    RE: Help: no Explorer Navigation buttons or menus at top of My Documen

    Menu bar/Toolbar Missing in Windows Explorer and/or Internet Explorer
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555130

    --
    Rey

    Rey Santos, Jul 28, 2008

  3. wrreisen2

    wrreisen2 Guest

    Re: Help: no Explorer Navigation buttons or menus at top of MyDocumen

    Thanks for the advice have deleted the ITBarLayout in the explorer
    subkey and the shellbrowser subkey as it says here http://support.microsoft..com/kb/555130
    . It hasn't fixed it. Any more ideas please?

    Thanks again.

    wrreisen2, Jul 29, 2008
  4. wrreisen2

    Rey Santos Guest

    Re: Help: no Explorer Navigation buttons or menus at top of My Doc

    Try these:
    Open Windows Explorer > Press F11 key (Full Screen). Did the Menu bar
    appear? If not hold down Alt key and press F key, what happens? (it's a
    shortcut to expand the File Menu)
    If the Menu bar appears, right click in an empty space and clear the check
    mark on Lock the Toolbars. Then rightclick again click Standard Buttons.
    I thinking that you are in Full Screen mode (F11) and the Toolbars are in
    Auto-Hide mode. In Auto-Hide mode the Toolbars will appear if you bump the
    topmost of the window with the mouse cursor.
    --
    Rey

    Rey Santos, Jul 29, 2008