HELP!!!! Night Moves question...

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Edward Holub, Jul 30, 2005.

  1. Edward Holub

    Edward Holub Guest

    Hey folks,
    Some people who posted message boards at the Internet Movie database
    have speculated on the meaning of the ending of the movie Night Moves. Some
    say it's open to interpretation, some say that the Joey Ziegler character
    was involved in the suggling operation. I've seen it numerous times and the
    only explanation I can come up with is the following:
    First of all, I thought Joey Ziegler was a film director. Since when is
    a stunt coordinator allowed in a screening room? To me the most telling
    clue was Joey Ziegler's behavior in the noisy saloon. He's talking about
    Delly squirming on guys laps as a kid and all sorts of other seductions as a
    teenager. It sounded to me like he had the hots for Delly himself. And
    this was further emphasized when his drink is spilled by the sexy lady.
    Everything is OK until the boyfriend says, "Hey, old man, you don't mind
    your drink spilled by a great ass like this, do you?" Joey Ziegler's
    reaction is very violent which leads me to believe that he's insanely
    jealous of young studs with pretty girlfriends. Concerning Delly, he may
    have had the old "if I can't have her then nobody will" attitude and
    proceeds to kill her in the stunt car. He doesn't care what happens to
    himself. After Delly's death, he just goes totally crazy and kills everyone
    associated with her. That's the only reasoning I can come up with. There
    is so little mentioned about the smuggling and NO mention that Joey Ziegler
    is involved with smuggling. I just thought his killing spree was a crime of
    passion of a sexually repressed, insane man.
    Other opinions?
    Thanks.
    Eddie
    Edward Holub, Jul 30, 2005