Help, Newbie trying to create game after download

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Deerfern, Sep 2, 2003.

  1. Deerfern

    Deerfern Guest

    Hi,

    I am new and I am trying to learn so please if you would be kind I
    would greatly appreciate your understanding.

    I have downloaded several RAR, PAR, & SFV files. SFV says they are
    fine, PAR says nothing is missing.

    I loaded Power Archiver, and opened the Part01.RAR. There is one BIN &
    one CUE file in it, called CDRWINXX.BIN and CDRWINXX.CUE.

    When I hit extract, all files, it extracted all the RAR files (01,
    02, etc), and I created them in a folder I created and called NEW.

    In the NEW folder, it created 2 files, called CDRWINXX.CUE &
    CDRWINXX.BIN. Funny thing, although it looked like it was combining
    the RAR files, it is still the same size as the original Part01.RAR
    file I saw to extract.

    I have read all that I can seem to locate about downloading from
    newservers. All I can find is how to create these files to upload,
    which I haven't yet tried to do. (Nor do I think I am up to that
    yet.) Right now, I need to figure out how to unencrypt the files I
    downloaded, and see if they are useable, and once that is done, I can
    figure out how to copy and upload my own files/games for every ones
    use.

    Please if someone can help me I would really appreciate it. If I have
    not clarified properly please ask.

    Best Regards,

    Carol D.
    Deerfern, Sep 2, 2003

  2. Deerfern

    gangle Guest

    Bin and cue files make an CD image for burning.
    You can extract what's in the bin with Isobuster.
    http://www.isobuster.com/ You can burn the
    image to disc using different CD burner softwares,
    such as CDRWIN. http://www.goldenhawk.com/

    "Deerfern" wrote

    gangle, Sep 2, 2003

  3. Deerfern

    ddrr Guest

    Cdrwin will help you burn a bin/cue. Or you can get Vcdgear and
    instead of burning the bin/cue, it will "write" it to your harddrive
    instead

    ddrr, Sep 2, 2003
  4. Deerfern

    HamMan Guest

    "Deerfern" <> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > I am new and I am trying to learn so please if you would be kind I
    > would greatly appreciate your understanding.
    >
    > I have downloaded several RAR, PAR, & SFV files. SFV says they are
    > fine, PAR says nothing is missing.
    >
    > I loaded Power Archiver, and opened the Part01.RAR. There is one BIN &
    > one CUE file in it, called CDRWINXX.BIN and CDRWINXX.CUE.
    >
    > When I hit extract, all files, it extracted all the RAR files (01,
    > 02, etc), and I created them in a folder I created and called NEW.
    >
    > In the NEW folder, it created 2 files, called CDRWINXX.CUE &
    > CDRWINXX.BIN. Funny thing, although it looked like it was combining
    > the RAR files, it is still the same size as the original Part01.RAR
    > file I saw to extract.
    >
    > I have read all that I can seem to locate about downloading from
    > newservers. All I can find is how to create these files to upload,
    > which I haven't yet tried to do. (Nor do I think I am up to that
    > yet.) Right now, I need to figure out how to unencrypt the files I
    > downloaded, and see if they are useable, and once that is done, I can
    > figure out how to copy and upload my own files/games for every ones
    > use.
    >
    > Please if someone can help me I would really appreciate it. If I have
    > not clarified properly please ask.
    >
    > Best Regards,
    >
    > Carol D.

    You could try clonecd's virtual cd drive(www.elby.com i think), to see if
    the game actually works before you burn it to CD
    HamMan, Sep 2, 2003